Thread: Fiscal problems

Default Fiscal problems

Hi,
    Great mod first of all, very well thought out.
    I am having one problem though - it seems that the accounting is messed up. I've had the problem for a while (since v0.2) and with all factions I've played so far. Example: I let my men loot a little and instead of adding, say, 3500 fl to my coffers the prog deducts a few hundred. This is with all my generals, regardless of character traits. Same with mission rewards and the overall economy, I rarely have more than 1200 at the start of a new turn - even if the info scroll says I should have much much more.
    Any idea what the problem is? It doesn't happen in vanilla games. I'm playing with a fully patched German game (plus Kingdoms) and have no other problems whatsoever...
    Thx!

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: Fiscal problems

Very bizarre. Is the money 'lost' at the end of the turn? Or when you get a reward/loot is it just less than the amount it should be/says?

Its probably when you have a building que somewhere and when you loot and get these 'extra funds' it goes straight into building a building that was being qued somewhere

The money is going to be tighter in mods which want to be more realistic.

Getting 1,200 a turn is normal when the size of your army is a little larger than it would be if streamlined, or if you have several cities sieged and ports blockaded. Also, see Osskssa's remarks.

Save your money from turn to turn, and instead of buying more troops, buy markets, ports, and roads, etc.

After a dozen or so turns of this, you should see real returns!

Thanks all for your prompt replies! The building queue actually makes most sense I think...is that a rule that's specific to PDER (as I said, no such probs in Vanilla...)?
    Vanguard: Thanks, but that's how I play anway Build a nice lucrative economy and then steamroll my neighbors.

I think it was in vanilla too,tho i havent played it for a while.I seem to find i have too much money,in my spain game its only 1140 something and i have 300k in the bank,tons of troops in my cities/castles and still making 10k profilt a turn.Is it easier to obtain money on lower difficulty levels? either that or its cos my armies/garrisons are mainly militias tho i do have alot of mailed knights...hmmmm

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

When you queue building or recruiting the moment you get money (gift, looting, diplomacy) the money goes straight into the queue. To avoid this, don't queue and use the right click on the city tab to see which city is not building anything. Those 5 minutes are well spent. And this feature has been there since I can remember (RTW as well)
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 04, 2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: the click is right and not tight

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

You know, it just goes to show how very little I actually play this game, but the building queue thing never occured to me...