Thread: Wondering about the 2 Turkish factions

Default Wondering about the 2 Turkish factions

Well i saw you including the genious Seljuk turks into this Mod, so i wondered how you manage to make an Ottoman empire faction playable?
    Are the ottomans at the start only a little vassal of the Seljuk turks owning just a Single town?
    or can you only start as Seljuks and a scripted event turns your empire into the Ottoman empire?

btw keep up the good work,This mod is really blitzkrieging in development.

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Wondering about the 2 Turkish factions

The ottoman change is represented by access to higher tier units. Lower tier turkish units represent the fledgling atabegs that eventually became the ottomans.

Edit: I should have added, "as far as I know" somewhere in there, as I am basing my reply off of the teams statements, and could be wrong.
    Last edited by teh.frickin.pope; October 02, 2007 at 07:53 PM.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Quote Originally Posted by ZorboZ View Post
    Well i saw you including the genious Seljuk turks into this Mod, so i wondered how you manage to make an Ottoman empire faction playable?
    Are the ottomans at the start only a little vassal of the Seljuk turks owning just a Single town?
    or can you only start as Seljuks and a scripted event turns your empire into the Ottoman empire?

btw keep up the good work,This mod is really blitzkrieging in development.
    Heya Zorboz,

Both the Rum and the Ottoman are very interesting factions, but because the Ottomans come in so late among other reasons, they cannot be their own faction. Rather as teh.frickin.pope says, our Rum and Ottomans are a single faction, whose name we chose I am forgetting. Their early units are largely Rum-based, their later units are largely Ottoman-based, and I think they will get 1-2 Ghulams in the Slave-trade building to represent the Rum's use of them. In general though, the roster takes strong features of Rum and Ottoman armies and combines them together: You have the Rum's inclination towards not just the bow with Akjinis, the Lance-armed Sipahi/Quapuklu (Ottomans only began to use lances later than our ending date, according to research), and the Slave-trade Ghulams. Then you have the Timariot Lancers and Janissaries (And Sipahi/Quapukulu) for the Ottomans.

We have the Great Seljuks representing firmly the early Turks, and specifically the various Atabegs and Emirates which made up the fracturing Great Seljuk Empire at this point. We may consider introducing a few of the major players such as Azerbaijan and Merv as minor factions with reduced rosters, but we've made no decisions regarding this yet.

So to answer your question, you can either play as the Great Seljuks with a firmly Pre-ottoman based Seljuk army, or you can go with our Asia Minor Turks whom will offer you a post-mongol Seljuk and Ottoman experience.
    Last edited by Ahiga; October 02, 2007 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    We may consider introducing a few of the major players such as Azerbaijan and Merv as minor factions with reduced rosters,
    *goes looks at Azeri units*

*drool*

This off-topic post brought to you by AD's amazing units.

Stop Uwe Boll!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    The second word in that sentence is the most important.
    Of course. I can't get in trouble since I didn't say it first.

I know, I know, I was just dreaming...

Stop Uwe Boll!