Thread: How do I cheat armies?

konny's Avatar Artifex

Default How do I cheat armies?

I have read somewhere that it is possible to create complete armies with consol commands, but can't find it anymore. What I want to do is to make rebell armies composed of my factional units on specific locations, for example to make civil wars possible.

Please, can anyone tell me if, and how, it works?

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: How do I cheat armies?

To create armies in a location, it is quite simple. You just have to know the internal name of the unit and follow this:
    Code:
    create_unit "location/character" "unit internal name" # exp wep arm
    So if you wanted to create five fully upgraded Pezhetairoi in Demetrias you would go:
    Code:
    create_unit "Demetrias" "hellenistic infantry heavy pezhetairoi" 5 9 3 3
    To create armies out of nowhere you have to put it in the script since you can't cheat to create new armies. Cheating works the same for the rebels, cheating to add units to an enemy army works fine.

Keep in mind that 'slave' doesn't have ownership for many units. This includes nearly all Roman units and most of the elites. If you give a unit to the rebels or to a faction that does not have the correct DMB etc associations then the game will crash when you try to fight those units on the battlemap. And certain units cannot even be modded to be added to slave/other factions.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Thank you!

Did I undstand it right: cheating a complete army somewhere isn't possible because you can only create one type of units at a time. Scripting them in to pop up on the next turn and attacking them would lead to a crash in battle because, eg Marian Legionars, are not slave units?

Would this work: Give slave ownership for Roman units and script them in? (I did not undertood "...the correct DMB etc associations.")

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

You have to create one unit type at a time and cannot create an army out of nothing. However, if you find some little army with one unit in it, you can move the army where you want and add all the units you want to it to create the army you want (plus the one unit).

Ownership isn't the problem, if a unit doesn't have ownership it won't cause a crash, it just won't be recruitable. The problem is assigned skins. If a faction (including slave) doesn't have a skin assigned to the model that the unit uses, it will crash when the battle starts. (For those of you who remember 080, this is the problem the Massalia Hoplites had back then.)

konny's Avatar Artifex

Ah, now I see. Thank you,again!

I will keep my civil wars unbloody then.