Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate AI - Feedback and Discussion *UPDATE 1.6*

Default Re: Ultimate AI - Feedback and Discussion *UPDATE 1.6*

hi i keep trying to find instalation instructions, but i cant

i have the full version, where do i extract the files to?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyllan View Post
    hi i keep trying to find instalation instructions, but i cant

i have the full version, where do i extract the files to?
    thanks

To your MTW directory. I installed mine on my E: drive under the folder MTWII so that is where I pointed the Ultimate AI installation too.

Most people will have a folder on their C drive for MTWII, although it may be under other folders as well

An example would be:

C:\\Sega\MTWII

or

C:\\CreativeAssembly\MTWII

I don't recall exactly because I don't do the default install directory. But anyway, it should wind up in the Medieval Total War II folder where all the other game files are located.

thanks
    i hope it takes the turns limit away too...

hy everybody, i like this mod because is in italian too, i would like to know how is possible also to translate from english to italian the personal descriptions of every member of a family, princess, popes, merchants, assassins etc..etc...for example words like: heir, fighter, cruel with prisoners, leader, religious...and all that words that describe the character of everyone, you know what i mean? is possible to do this? is there a system?
    thanks a lot

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

For those descriptions to appear in Italian you need to replace the file export_vnvs.txt in ultimateAI/data/text with the Italian version of that file and add the following lines:

{AI_Sight_Bonus}AI Sight Bonus
    {AI_Sight_Bonus_desc}Increase LOS of AI Generals.
    {AI_Sight_Bonus_effects_desc}+5 LOS
    {AI_Command_Bonus}AI Command Bonus
    {AI_Command_Bonus_desc}Increase Command of AI Generals.
    {AI_Command_Bonus_effects_desc}+3 Command
    The Italian version of export_vnvs.txt can be extracted from your original M2TW installation using the unpacker provided by CA. Be careful not to damage your installation, and only extract the above mentioned file - not the complete installation!
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

thanks a lot GrandViZ, i'll try it and a let you know....
    ciao mar. Ney ; )

I'm playing as Russia, and 5 fat mongol stacks just showed up and went straight for Kiev. I'm attacking the rear end of the Mongol train, and every time the battle almost finishes loading, program quits to desktop. Any ideas? Is there any other info I can include that would help?

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Remember Tree_, that MTW2 is a little flaky. I have played SS 5.1 for nearly 30 hours and had a first 'exception' crash. I reloaded the game and have put another 5 hours in and no problem, obviously doing the same things in the same parts of the world. I will nver really know what caused that crash, but I am inclined to think it's MTW2 rather than SS, and the same could go for you. Just replay and see if it happens again and if it doesn't then carry on and put it down to the price of playing one of the greatest strategy games (with mods) that has been released in the last 3-4 years!

Ya, you're right. What makes me wonder, though, is that when I attack the Mongols under any conditions, it always crashes. When they sieged Kiev though, that was fine.

Weird.

Can you provide the system.log.txt of that crash. It might help to resolve the issue.

It's really long, so I'll PM it to you.

Another question -- How many groups of Mongols can I expect?

I just destroyed the second wave at great cost, culminating is a very symbolic and satisfying execution of their faction leader. The very next turn, a third wave shows up (sad face) :p

Not that I mind, it's fun. Just curious.

AFAIK there are 4 waves.

Hi, dunno if someone report it, but dismounted huscarles and spearmen ( normal rebel spearmen - just spearmen ) havent textures. looks bad.

Oh, and other kingdoms dont respect borders. If I will step with my army on other territory - our relations r worse. But if someone will go thru my territory its ok. Its very often and it sux. My lands r like some crossroads.

another point to report. is it normal that province of stettin ( north europe ) has 0% of catholism? theres 90% pagan and 10% orthodox. its bug

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

I agree mayhem. I do not understand how in diplomacy you can ask for your army to get access to another factions lands to cross through, when they can come into your territory any time they want and sit by one of your towns without penalty.

@mayhem
    You should install the latest bugfix from the bugfix thread to fix those textures.

I have a viewpoint:

When I'm playing Ultimate AI 1.6 I experience a reputation drop, and it doesn't matter what I do, it still drops. If I do nothing, it drops. If I am a political scumbag, it drops awfully fast.

This led to, I think, that my allies Spain, with Perfect relations blocked my port, for no particular reason. The only thing I can think of is the relation drop?

What should I do? Otherwise, your mod i good, except the RC-AI, I don't see any difference. Siege battles still kinda suck, and the enemy is still really stupid in battle, even at VH.

I love the new banners and stuff though, just wish there was a colour change to more armies than Danes.

Hi all

First i wanted to say that you have done really great work...i like the mod very much but
    i wanted to ask if there is any possibility to tune down the generals' strengh to normal med2 vanilla strengh...those bodyguards + general are just gods and for my opinion i think that is not very realistic.

Greets

Siffo

I have a bug, my game kinda freezes in the second turn, it stops when it france are making their moves. I can still pres Esc and guit the game, but the game dosen't process any further no matter how long i wait?! and what faction i play!

Help pls.