Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate AI - Feedback and Discussion *UPDATE 1.6*

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Default Ultimate AI - Feedback and Discussion *UPDATE 1.6*

Discuss the latest Ultimate AI 1.6 here.
    Last edited by GrandViZ; October 01, 2007 at 05:07 PM.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Default Re: Ultimate AI - Feedback and Discussion *UPDATE 1.6*

Can't seem to download. The links aren't working for me, is there another place i can download them.

Thanks, can't wait to try these out.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Downloading NOW!!!!! Thanks a lot - worth every single penny - Ha ha! No really - thanks for all the time you put into this for all of us!
    Last edited by uk_john; October 01, 2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: thought of something else!

One of the few mods I frequently check on, and just as well get excited about when there's a new release. Kudos. Can't wait to see how it plays out!

Wondering if I can put the full UAI in SS 4.1 folder - what do you think? Love to have the whole thing working with SS 1.4 as he had an option in his mod for your UAI code to go into his data folder before it became 1.6!

ok, i'm able to download now. Weird how an hour ago it wouldn't work.
    I hope it works as advertised.

i've noticed that the download size ballooned from 12mb to almost 100. is it possible that a "lite" version of the mod could be made available? part of the attraction for me has always been the small download size as i am on dialup. i'm assuming most of the size is the king's banner mod?

anyway, thanks for the great work!

Wonderful intro. settings and theme, but I have no audio in my game.

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Downloading now. Great work GrandViz

Kushan
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Found a bug, or, well, an oversight really. Not so troubling as a bug. The (Rebel version?) of the Turkish Horse Archer appears as a roman peasant on his unit card. Just noticed it when I attacked acre.

Quote Originally Posted by messenger42 View Post
    Wonderful intro. settings and theme, but I have no audio in my game.
    Well, if you installed it directly to your Medieval 2 directory, the installer should copy the necessary sound files for you. Otherwise make sure, that you copy events.dat and events.idx from your original sounds folder into the ultimateAI sounds folder.

i've noticed that the download size ballooned from 12mb to almost 100. is it possible that a "lite" version of the mod could be made available? part of the attraction for me has always been the small download size as i am on dialup. i'm assuming most of the size is the king's banner mod?
    Due to time restrictions, I wasn't able to make a more configurable version, but I will see if I can compile a more streamlined version for the dial-up users soon.

Found a bug, or, well, an oversight really. Not so troubling as a bug. The (Rebel version?) of the Turkish Horse Archer appears as a roman peasant on his unit card. Just noticed it when I attacked acre.
    Thanks for reporting.
    Last edited by GrandViZ; October 02, 2007 at 03:33 AM.

GrandViz, as you ignored my 'non-problem', i'll do a backup up and try myself!

Quote Originally Posted by uk_john View Post
    GrandViz, as you ignored my 'non-problem', i'll do a backup up and try myself!
    Oh, that was not on purpose. You can't just overwrite the Stainless Steel 4.1 folder. If you want to use UAI 1.6 with SS, then you should download the Ultimate AI Pack (the second download link) and place the files into your Stainless Steel modfolder manually.

But this will only give you the AI features and nothing else.

GrandViz! Can I play your latest, full install of UAI 1.6 and still have Kingdoms installed, does it conflict in any way?

Thanks

Actually it should not interfere, as UAI has its own modfolder. Furthermore the uninstaller will 100% reestablish the pre-installation status - so no need to worry.

However, I have only tested the mod with patch 1.2 - so no guarantee that it works.

I played UAI1.6 for a an un-healthy amount of turns(a lot) and it seems to me that the A.I is not very smart regarding garrisons.

Other than that the mod is pretty sweet and juicy. Good Work!

Quote Originally Posted by Knimoax View Post
    I played UAI 1.6 for a an un-healthy amount of turns(a lot) and it seems to me that the A.I is not very smart regarding garrisons.

Other than that the mod is pretty sweet and juicy. Good Work!
    Thanks. Well, in comparison to other mods and vanilla, the garrisons have been improved a lot, but without a garrison script, there is no way to achieve the effect 100% of the time.

Well, Accidentally I tested the AI with 1.6, although what I am about to say is not necessarily blaming 1.6. That is I blockaded Ireland with a fleet over the land link stopping the Scottish, who were now only in Ireland from getting back to Scotland/England. I then blockaded the two only towns they had. I had a merchant using one of only 2 or 3 merchant points that the Scot's never used (and never produced ships to break the blockade either!) and I had 2 spies and two priests on the Island so I could watch everything. What I saw was an enemy who could not have had any money coming in, just recycling and managing to created more troops than I could even though I controlled the rest of the UK. Now we all know that Ireland isn't rich and by looking at the towns through my spies I think I could see how the game cheats for the enemy. I know roughly how much buildings cost, etc, and I know how much troops cost, generally, I also know that after three battles I had lost 600 men and he had lost 480 with me winning one and him two. Way before I could get my 600 back her had his 480 back, plus more.

For the life of me, therefore, I don't know how the Scots had an economy with two blockaded towns, sealed on the Island of Ireland only, that pretty much was 80% of my economy for the rest of the UK and producing troops in similar numbers at similar speeds, meaning I was always struggling to create armies to take them on! It was only because of my strategies of sealing the Scots off to 'finish them off' that I found out the above.

As I say, I am not saying it's 1.6, but something wasn't right in Sweden, or should I say Ireland - or should I say Scotland?!
    Last edited by uk_john; October 02, 2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: additional thoughts...!

Well, we all know, that an AI opponent is no match for the human player, regardless of how smart it is. Therefore in UAI and in nearly all other full mods, the AI gets additional income by a money script.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but Crusader Armies are attackable by other catholic factions. I am using 1.3 patch, and your latest UAI 1.6. Also this is a clean install of your mod with nothing tinkered with other then your latest bugfix put in.

Other then that I'm having a blast. I was sieging Rennes as the English with half a stack, when France came up from behind and started a fight with 1.5 stacks. Now that was a battle. After the fight the Portugese came up and took it from both of us, hahaha.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast