Thread: errorish message when i start a campaign

Default errorish message when i start a campaign

when i try to start a new campaign it gives me a message saying that i need to choose an opion, when i exit the game it gives me an error message saying that it cant recognize the start date in the campaign/imperial_campaign folder
    edit, also, when i try to start a custum battle, after telling it to start having picked the armies it goes back to the pick faction screen.
    thanks
    Last edited by Nightbringer; September 30, 2007 at 09:46 PM.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Default Re: errorish message when i start a campaign

How did you install it? Starting from what version your game is and what version of rtrpe you have. Also, have you made any modifications or installed any mini-mods or add-ons on top of it?

i installed rome total war, then BI, then RTRPE 1.9 switch, no other mini mods or add ons, i'm thinking i should try reinstalling RTR but dont know how to uninstall it.

edit:i know whats wrong but need to uninstall RTR, how do i do that?
    thanks
    Last edited by Nightbringer; September 30, 2007 at 11:09 PM.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Well, you need to go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs and uninstall it from there. It should be present in that list.
    After you do that you need to delete the folder of the game. Then install again and make sure that your BI is v1.6 or that if it is v1.4 you also install the BI patch v1.6 before installing RTRPE.