Thread: modding question

Default modding question

i wish to make some changes to the faction standing file but notice it isnt in the data folder, i assume the mod maker hasnt made any changes to it.

is it a simple matter of copying the file from another mod into the data folder then running the mod or is it more complex? is so how is it done?

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: modding question

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    i wish to make some changes to the faction standing file but notice it isnt in the data folder, i assume the mod maker hasnt made any changes to it.

is it a simple matter of copying the file from another mod into the data folder then running the mod or is it more complex? is so how is it done?
    I haven't touched the Campaign AI.

Lusted's Campaign AI and GrandViz' Ultimate AI work just fine. Since I haven't included any AI files, you can just copy over their files to the PDER data folder. Although with GrandViz' you need to alter the descr_strat.txt to incorporate his new faction personalities and initial faction standings.

do i have to alter the shortcut for your mod after i make any changes?

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    do i have to alter the shortcut for your mod after i make any changes?
    Nope. As long as nothing else conflicts with the new AI files, you're fine running it using the PDER.bat file.