Thread: Different fort battle map

Default Different fort battle map

I’m looking to see if anyone knows about this and if anyone has had better results. Let me first say my goal was to use a different fort battle map than the standard MTW2 fort, as they are much too cramped.

I did get a different fort battle map, but it was unexpected. I copied the files from data\settlements\north_european\castles\wooden_fort to data\settlements\north_european\ambient_settelments\fort and renamed those files to match the file names that were in the “fort” directory. I do get a different fort battlemap, it is still a small fort, though more open than the standard mtw2 fort and is more defendable, and my guess is that it is a fort from RTW (which I have but never played, was too busy at the time.)

I have tried some other files, like those from “stone_keep” but so far those have reverted back to the default cramped death camp fort map

Anyway, has any one tried this sort of thing before? My goal was to use the battle map for a motte and bailey. I was able to successfully change the strat map model for a fort to a motte (descr_cultures) but as yet, only this unexpected success with the battle map.

Thanks for any insights,
    M

PS I do not have "kingdoms" I'm afraid it would break my personal mods, though I am aware of the fort changes there
    Last edited by Mersk; September 28, 2007 at 04:24 PM.