Thread: Mod question

Default Mod question

Does anyone have a mod that will lower or disable the upkeep cost for units in EB?

Default Re: Mod question

Quote Originally Posted by aces View Post
    Does anyone have a mod that will lower or disable the upkeep cost for units in EB?
    Highly doubtful. Why would anyone make a mini-mod like this? Cost and upkeep costs of units figure into the overall balancing of the mod itself.

konny's Avatar Artifex

And don't forgett that they will cost the same for the AI factions as for you, but they have nearly unlimted money. So, if you don't wont to fight about 20 battles per turn, you may want to keep things as they are.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

hello greetings from Colombia
    maybe a bad idea, but i've thought to change the prices of everything units, buildings, mercs to half the default amounts, with the hope of making the factions more agressive. i'm playing tha campaign with koinon hellenon, and i've spended !as long as 10 turns without a battle!. i have to move my armies and siege their cities (except Arche seleukeia) wich is very agressive (fun).

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by iluvatar77 View Post
    maybe a bad idea, but i've thought to change the prices of everything units, buildings, mercs to half the default amounts, with the hope of making the factions more agressive. i'm playing tha campaign with koinon hellenon, and i've spended !as long as 10 turns without a battle!. i have to move my armies and siege their cities (except Arche seleukeia) wich is very agressive (fun).
    Yes, I will do that to eventually, I belive EB is the best mod for RTW but the gamepaly questions of EB balance are more an inter-mediated aggrement of its creators that the real deal of a historic facts - offcourse, no body wants to play 20 battles per turn, but sertanly, no one acctualy wants to reach Indian provinces and Greece with just one army of 8 units (and that could happend EB way) - not to say that you can not develop new types of units if you are playing and fighting from the start (I dont wait 10 turns in my capital for new infantry - I fight all the time)
    Still, EB tweaks are more a question of personal gameplay. i think EB team should upload some txt files that can help people who like lots of armies and money and large scale fights -- LIKE ME ))

be well ;=)

konny's Avatar Artifex

i'm playing tha campaign with koinon hellenon, and i've spended !as long as 10 turns without a battle!. i have to move my armies and siege their cities (except Arche seleukeia) wich is very agressive (fun).
    It is intended that you go out and attack the enemy if you are in for a fight & conquest. And 10 turns without battle seems not to be a lifetime either: the game is intended to last for more than 1,000 turns!

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

Quote Originally Posted by maksimus View Post
    Still, EB tweaks are more a question of personal gameplay. i think EB team should upload some txt files that can help people who like lots of armies and money and large scale fights -- LIKE ME ))

be well ;=)
    We won't be spending time fixing things so that some people can enjoy the mod differently to how we want it to be played. Thats not to say we mind these changes occurring, we encourage them. But we are not going to spend our time working on mods for people when we've got quite a big one that we spend most of our time on anyway. Its called EB.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

I am happy to hear that EB team is working still and if I may say very efficient and with great enthusiasm - Thank you for that..
    I know how much work needs to be done - belive me - but this was simply a suggestion not a request (sorry if my post was in any way - critical to EB - it is not - EB is the best on the net - I will play only EB)

I just hope that there will be no probs if I upload some --txt files on TWC that could be optionall -- just by cutting unit prices and giving the generals at least to hp..

keep up the great work

thank you for your time - be well!

Do not worry about the way foot writes, it always seems rash but it is not his intention, he just goes directly to the point and sometimes it makes people think it is a criticism or something, anyway, there is a modding thread in which people posts lots of variations to EB style, you may search something you like out there

The problem will be games balance, it is easy to disturb and not that easy to correct it... give it a time, you will get accustomed with EB high prices, besides, it seems EB 1.0 will have some tweaks in this department too

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Thats not to say we mind these changes occurring, we encourage them.
    I mean I actually say this, how can that be construed as anything but a support for fan-made content. Thats certainly a lot better than someone saying

i think EB team should upload some txt files
    I get criticised for supporting fan-made content, but people can demand with an imperative that the EB team should do something for them?!

Where's the justice, Tony Blair?

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator