Thread: Unpacker: Bypass 3-step confirmation?

Default Unpacker: Bypass 3-step confirmation?

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to bypass the three confirmation stages that occur when you run the m2tw unpacker tool. (I mean, when you run the thing it asks "Do you agree to these terms and conditions?" "Are you sure you would like to continue?" "Are you really sure you would like to continue?" - I want to bypass that stuff.)

I'm writing an installation batch file that runs the unpacker and grabs specific files and subdirectories in the data packs, and I don't want the user to have to press "Y" and "Enter" a million times.

Anyone know?
    Thanks,
    Madrono
    Last edited by Madrono; September 27, 2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: clarification

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unpacker: Bypass 3-step confirmation?

I doubt it can be done, and running the unpacker as part of a mod install wouldnt be a good idea anyways. If someone had unpacked their files and modified them without using the mod switch process, the unpacker would overwrite their changes and destroy their work.

Not if I unpacked to a different and unique directory.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Then whats the point of unpacking? You cant direct the game to look there by default, the default path is hardcoded in.

I would be unpacking to a mod folder.
    The purpose is for unpacking unit models and textures, etc. to the retrofit mod, enabling players to recruit units from Kingdoms in the grand campaign. I've already released the mod. I'm just trying to improve the installation process. I think I've found a better way, anyway.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Ahhh I see, yeah that might work. You could also just make it required that Kingdoms is unpacked before it installs, then just copy the files. Either way I would be interested in knowing how you solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    You could also just make it required that Kingdoms is unpacked before it installs, then just copy the files. Either way I would be interested in knowing how you solve this.
    That's how I originally set it up. You can download it here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1629