Thread: Jerusalem CAE 1.3a

Default Jerusalem CAE 1.3a

I have updated the middle east area based on historic research for 1180, including adding missing garrisons. I also squashed some bugs in the log file, especially in the export_descr_buildings.txt. Sequence is CAE 1.3a, Ataegina Addon version 1.0c, and then Jerusalem CAE 1.3a. Let me know your feedback. Please backup all files.

http://files.filefront.com/Jerusalem.../fileinfo.html

The historical background for this mod for CAE 1.e the family tree for the Kingdom of Jerusalem:

I assumed the Kingdom of Jerusalem portion of CAI 1.3 mod occured right after the taking of Jerusalem after The Princes' Crusade, also known as the Barons' Crusade, (during the 1st Crusade). I also assumed Bohemund of Taranto was captured at the siege of Antioch, and the other surviving nobles such as Robert of Normandy had returned home. The four most significant of the nobles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Crusade) are represented in the two attached modified files:

I modified the Normans' portions of the files to replace the two (awful) individuals with Tancred (nephew of Bohemund of Taranto) & Raymond (IV of Toulouse). I retained Godfrey of Bouillon, and his brother Baldwin as heir with adjusted character traits for all, utilizing Runciman, Steven. A History of the Crusades: Volume 1, The First Crusade and the Foundation of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, as the reference.

I also tied each of these nobles to a family tree with Godfrey, as the senior member, Baldwin as the senior heir, followed by Raymond and Tancred, with wives for each.

I also used TW_name_Verifier to ensure the modifications worked correctly:
    Last edited by gfortune; October 07, 2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: edit

Libertus

Default Re: Jerusalem CAE 1.3a

Dam, I hoped this could fix the recuitment slots problem of Ataegina1.0c, but It did not I keep geting 1 recruitment slot in castles when should be 3 and one less in cities for all upgrades. What do you mean w/ update the middle east area? Well, try fix that plz, ty and good luck.

I was not aware of the building slots issue. The middle east area modified the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the other factions in the area. Do you think the mod would be better without the use of Ataegina Addon version 1.0c?

Libertus

Well, I like Ataeginas new provinces and actually thats the only feature of Ataegina that I find useful cuz of the time scale 1.0 its easy to change.
    And i forgot to tell you before, in Cae1.3 the passive Milan is not actually an option cuz it comes w/ the install and it kills Milan w/ -6.500.000 florins, should be like -10.000.

Is the florins start as a negative number?

Libertus

Yes lol for some reason they added a "Passive Milan" to stop that faction to expand, witch ok can be an option but it comes w/ the install so is not an option, I already tould zeph and he said he'll fix.

Please see first post for additional historical context for this mod