Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Portugal - Faction Thread.

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Portugal - Faction Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    There's no evidence to suggest that.
    past total war games lol. medieval 2 is a good example..
    [IMG]

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

The United States is 'unlocked' via the Road to Independence campaign, the other minor nations...are not playable out of the box.

We need a mod to play this minor nation, as it was expected.

DarkMagi's Avatar Civis

I hope the Battle of Lagos is a sign that Portuguese will be present in this game as the 12th playable nation :<

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time
    Author: Léon Tolstoi

Civis

how many playble factions ETW will have?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagi View Post
    I hope the Battle of Lagos is a sign that Portuguese will be present in this game as the 12th playable nation :<
    Joke of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    The Trade theatre thing is just assumption. The fact is most of the Portuguese colonies are'nt in the map decided on by CA.

Still, all you have to do is unlock it.
    When i heard about E:TW and saw it began in 1700, i thought to myself: Maybe this is gonna be the TW where portugal will be initially playable, having one of the biggest and whealthiest empires back then, it is surely gonna be one of the chosen ones.

Yet, week after week, i see no mention of it, the fact that is unlockable gives me no satisfaction at all, because even portugal in its weakest shape was unlockable in M2:TW.

It becomes even worse when you hear that the multiplayer is gonna be exclusive to the 12 playables...

This whole thing taught me a lesson, it doesnt matter how big or powerfull your country was, if it doesnt provide a profitable gaming market, it will be ignored.

Im so disappointed

Sparkshot's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_12 View Post
    When i heard about E:TW and saw it began in 1700, i thought to myself: Maybe this is gonna be the TW where portugal will be initially playable, having one of the biggest and whealthiest empires back then, it is surely gonna be one of the chosen ones.

Yet, week after week, i see no mention of it, the fact that is unlockable gives me no satisfaction at all, because even portugal in its weakest shape was unlockable in M2:TW.

It becomes even worse when you hear that the multiplayer is gonna be exclusive to the 12 playables...

This whole thing taught me a lesson, it doesnt matter how big or powerfull your country was, if it doesnt provide a profitable gaming market, it will be ignored.

Im so disappointed
    Where did it say that multiplayer is exclusive to the 12 official factions, I am just curious because I thought they would allow all 50?

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagi View Post
    It´s just a battle, and it even as nothing to do with Portugal, expect that is near Lagos.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert the Kingmaker View Post
    Where did it say that multiplayer is exclusive to the 12 official factions, I am just curious because I thought they would allow all 50?
    I saw it on a IGN article

I think its too late to add another faction in now, so if they left portugal out, It's out. Stupid too leave them out thou.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_12 View Post

Im so disappointed
    They are anti-portuguese thats why portugal aint at least unlockable (in fact is a luck that portugal is present in this game) ,and brazil isnt even on the map ,and brazil was at the time 1 of the biggest and richest colonys wikipedia it about gold that was found there arround 1700to1800.lame people indeed)ca9 no portuguese speaker should buy this game(we are arround 250 milion people, more than sweden,austria,dutchies,germans,italians, al tougether ) ONE QUESTION WILL PEOPLE NOT BUY THE GAME BECAUSE THAT PORTUGAL IS PLAYBLE "if it doesnt provide a profitable gaming market"?

psELETE MY POST AGAIN MODERATOR
    Last edited by Eagle; February 23, 2009 at 04:48 PM.

I don't think ca is anti-portuguese....But its weird they it looks like there not included

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe V de Borbón View Post
    I don't think ca is anti-portuguese....But its weird they it looks like there not included

When you read really old articles like one from IGN, saying stuff like: "CA revealed that theres 12 playable factions, so you can expect powers of the time such as Britain, Spain, Portugal, France e.t.c to be represented" yet even mediocre powers of the time make it to the 12, while portugal, as usual, is left out.

I know the fact that being unlockable should calm me or something, but when you think of it, even Courland is unlockable, plus the multiplayer is restricted to the 12 "balanced" factions. All we have left is football and history, but even the last one is taken away from us.

I think (or at least I want to believe) that CA is not anti-portuguese.
    The problem is that CA focuses too much in the Northern Hemisphere (for commercial reasons), and Portugal had an empire mainly in the Southern Hemisphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post
    I think (or at least I want to believe) that CA is not anti-portuguese.
    The problem is that CA focuses too much in the Northern Hemisphere (for commercial reasons), and Portugal had an empire mainly in the Southern Hemisphere.
    Which leads to ignoring a big player of that time, to give the spotlight to an insignificant country of that time like the US, just to get into their gaming market.

I just hope Albania is never a superpower or else were gonna start seing Balkans: Total War.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

May I remind you that this is a historical thread for Portugal, not a thread to discuss CA's policies.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Citizen

not a thread to discuss CA's policies

Jimkatalanos, there is a thread (16 pages!) in the official Total War Forum (and it was not locked, by the way) called "Justice for Spain".

A brief excerpt:
    "To add to this injury we do have to read how this or that nation not only has gotten their colors righ...If Spain would have been some obscure faction hidden in some siberian or balkanic mountain I "might" understand but this is not the case... yet we have to look the other way and accept this historic travesty that other factions are getting spared.
    ..Us spanish and elsewhere customers and history buffs have the same right to stop being treated as the ugly stepchild and dished out fantasy uniforms and colors so that other nations do not get confused"

Without comments.

On the contrary, honestly, what I see here? very few, brief and moderate commentaries (with one exception, the post 251)

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Historical Research Center: A forum for historical research covering the Empire's period
    ...Not a forum for commenting on CA's policies.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

We are used through years, through years of gaming, to be put aside in favor of more commercial an weak contender, it can be dutch an french in colonization, malasian or scottish league in early fifas, or poland in empire total war. And yes CA is pro brittish, just measure the percentage of historical battle u play as england in demo (1+1/2) *100

Civis

Some portuguese units:

Ordenanças

http://purl.pt/homepage/1163/1163_1078.jpg

and Cassadores:

ttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Cacadore_leichte_Infanterie.jpg/180px-Cacadore_leichte_Infanterie.jpg

I hope they had put this units in the game for Portugal.:hmmm:
    Last edited by Empress Meg; February 24, 2009 at 05:00 PM.