Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ancus (senate records)

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Default Re: YOU are the Senate, an interactive AAR! (discussion and rp thread)

Lucius Cornelius Sulla rises from his seat and says:

Senators calm down! This is not the time nor the place for arguments! No one would want to offend you A.Balbvs,these words were spoken in anger pay no heed to them. I also vote to let our Consul to use the legio VII for war purposes. Finally i am sorry to announce that i must leave for the time being, but i know that no wrong decision could be taken in my absence judging by all of you noble Senators.

YAY 3 - NAY 0

(be back in 3-4 hours.)

Valete Senatores!
    Under the valued patronage of Abdόlmecid I

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

I apologise for the gual remark which was offensive, but it was to say that if we slaughter those in Tarantum we are killing innocent people, like barbarians.

I ask you and the senate something, how can citizens be responsible for the act of tyrants! Roman citizens would be responsible as they vote in this republic. those under a tyrant have no say.

So please accept my apologies, but please understand that I did not call you a gual for you were one, but as a comparison to make a point.

4 yay - 0 nay
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Vale, Lucius Cornelius Sulla

Your voice will be missed in the debates.

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

The motion of raising taxes and the fate of tarentum was raised earlier but people have forgotten so it is here.

Motion 1 - using the legion at Neapolis 4 yay - 0 nay

motion 2 - Spare Tarentum 1 yay - 0 nay

Motion 3 - Raising taxes if the consul loses (3 categories)

choice 1 - raise taxes in event of defeat: 0 votes

Choice 2 - raise taxes but dropping them to normal or low after the fall of Tarentum: 1 votes

Choice 3 - no tax rise: 0 votes

This will need to be ratified but there you go senators.
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

I, Senator Micaelis Horatius Malleolus, vote the following

Motion 1 - using the legion at Neapolis 4 yay - 0 nay

motion 2 - Spare Tarentum 2 yay - 0 nay

Motion 3 - Raising taxes if the consul loses (3 categories)

choice 1 - raise taxes in event of defeat: 0 votes

Choice 2 - raise taxes but dropping them to normal or low after the fall of Tarentum: 2 votes

Choice 3 - no tax rise: 0 votes

1) The more troops our Consul can use to fight Pyrrhus, the higher the chance of success! Yay
    Using the legion at Neapolis 6? yay - 0 nay

2) Tarentum is small and will surely welcome roman rulership. Yay
    Spare Tarentum 3 yay - 0 nay

3) Raise taxes till the fall of Tarentum. Yay
    Choice 2 : 3 votes

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Measure2: 3 yay - 0 Nay
    Measure3: 3 yay - 0 Nay Choice 2. Sorry senators.
    Last edited by 68 Powers; September 29, 2007 at 11:20 AM.
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

Ave, Aqulia Decimus Cato

I don't know if the noise of arguing and debating men have proven louder than your voice, but your vote lack clarification, my friend.

In Measure 3, do you vote for choice 1, 2 or 3?

Winter's Avatar Civitate

The door the the Senate opens, and in walks the Consuls messenger

"I have a message direct from the Consul Lepidus in the field" he called

He pulled a parchment out of his travel, pouch, unrolled it, and began to speak

"These being the words of Consul Lucius Aurelius Lepidus."

Ave, Conscript fathers. I have much to tell you and not much time to say it in, as we will be moving out soon, so I'll keep this as short as possible. The first part of the plan has gone well. The Legions are gathered on the fields between Capua and Neapolis. I have given orders to those cities vacated by the legions to hire levies to guard the walls and keep the peace, as well as appointed temporary governor-generals to manage the cities.

(our mighty legions gathered near Capua)

However, this is not the reason I have written you. The Calabrians have not attacked Pyrrhus. On the contrary, they have moved in our way, and in force.

Here is the composition of our armies as reported by a patrol of Militia from Apuliana

The smaller army

The larger army

Now brothers, I do not see a reason to suspect foul play in this. The Calabrians have not declared war on us, and they were just patrolling the area around Tarentum. We have no reason to not believe this expedition of theirs is also benign However, you should decided for yourselves if you want to re-evaluate our position towards the Calabrians. I will hold off attacking Pyrrhus until I hear from you, Conscript fathers. Be quick.

Senior Consul
    Lvcivs Avrelivs Lepidvs

(ooc) Hey, made a couple of sigs for you tribunes and Senators. here you go

Last edited by Winter; September 29, 2007 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Ave Great Senators,

By the looks of things with the consul it doesent look like out plan of phyruss attacking the free city is going to work.
    So wise senators of Rome what shall we do next. Im fresh out of ideas only 2 i have are attack the free city or take a fleet around and attack phyruss at his full strenth.

Roma Victor!
    -Aquila Decimus Cato

Motion 1: Yay

Motion 2: ? (Unsure)

Motion 3: Choice 1 vote.

And now, a Motion Four:

Motion 4: Is the Consul to attack the Calabrians, or let Pyrrhus do it?

Vote: Nay (Pyrrhus will do it.)
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Winter's Avatar Civitate

The Consuls Messenger speaks

"the consul has bid me speak in his place. He wishes the senate to know the fleet would be unnecessary, as the path to Pyrrhus is clear. Should the senators have any military questions they may be directed to me."

Ave Great Senator,

I think phyruss is not as dim witted as we all thought. i dont think he will attack the free city or its armys.

Ave Messenger,
    Well then i suggest to get this battle over with and fight him at his current strength.

Senator Micaelis Horatius Malleolus looks down and sighs

Damn it. Those pesky so-called free men, damn them too.

All right, Senators this calls for debate before a vote is cast on measure 4.

I have lost trust in these Calabrians. We have before seen how Greek gold can turn people around. A sudden build up of troops near our borders concerns me greatly. I personally see no other choice than to commit to battle with the Calabrians as they are not only in our way, but even if we chose to bring Roman Rule to Tarentum by sea, we will have exposed all of Latium for an invasion by Calabrians, possibly aided by Greece. We most keep our enemies, even potential ones, in front of us. After all the shield of legions is of little use when the enemy attacks from the back!

However I still urge to keep patience a virtue of ours. I believe that we should make an agreement with ourselves. That either we strike now, at Pyrrhus or the Calabrians, or we wait some time and gear up for war by recruiting additional levies to ensure our cities and then if, by the grace of Mars, Pyrrhus has been foolish enough to commit to battle with the Calabrians, we shall strike him down.

Ave Senator Micaelis Horatius Malleolus,

You have once again gained my support. But i am headstrong on attack the free peoples if they want to make a threat to obviouse to the republic then we should put all our legions there to sort of scare them into betraying the greeks then maybe we can save a few lives.

But if they do not scare easy then battle is the only option.

Roma Victor!
    -Aquila Decimus Cato

Winter's Avatar Civitate

The Consul's Messenger speaks

"The Consul I beleive would wish me to remind you all that we are at war with Phyrrhus, not the Calabrians."

Ave Messenger,

Yes i understand that but yet another freind of the greeks threatens are advancment to phyruss. so it seems getting to pyhruss will not be as easy as just marching through their land and attack phyruss. Is it not?

Micaelis Horatius Malleolus rises

Aye, the messenger speaks true. The way is open for the assualt on Pyrrhus. Let us act quick before it closes.

I declare my support to attack Pyrrhus where he stands!

Ave Senators,

I do not believe Freinds of greeks let alone Greeks.. would let us march though their land to attack other greeks..