Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ancus (senate records)

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: YOU are the Senate, an interactive AAR! (discussion and rp thread)

Ancus stands:

Hail, a true hero of Rome!

There is little we can suggest,

Legion III, Legio II, and take half of Legio I.

Marching to Pyrrhus will be hard. The path south is controlled by Calabrians as you have rightly pointed out, we must be speedy and attack Pyyrhus.

I am no soldier, but I can only offer this advice - you must kill Pyyrhus, if he makes him self vulnerable in battle, kill him.

The senate want Pyyrhus and his corpse paraded through the street, do not fail the will of Rome!

Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Great Senators,

Lucius Cornelius Sulla, I dont not understand your objection to this. With this extra money the consul will be able to raise more legions if nessesary. And the people are donating to the war and the good of rome are you saying that you do not wish to support this?

And with the extra money the widows of this war will be repaided for their lose of husbands and/or sons..

So think of the long run not just what the inatial reaction of the people will be. if they are True Romans they will understand our reason for this.

Roma Victor!
    -Aquila Decimus Cato
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Micaelis Horatius Malleolus stands and Salutes Lucius Aurelius Lepidus

Ave, Great Consul Lepidus!

It is a good feeling my body and confidence in you as general, that I see you having returned so hastily and with such a report to the Senate. Bravo!

As for the mobilizing of the Legions I, Micaelis Horatius Malleolus, suggest the following.

Legio I is at no ones order or any case to leave our glorious Capital undefended!

Legio II is to be put at Consul Lucius Aurelius Lepidus disposal

Legio III is to join its Brethren of Legio II and be commanded by Consul Lucius Aurelius Lepidus

Legio IV is to guard our northern borders by keeping order in Arretium

LegioV is also to guard our northern borders

Legio VI is to stand by as reinforcements to Consul Lucius Aurelius Lepidus, possibly lead by Junior Consul Decius Lorieus Ancus

However when I see the army of Pyrrhus that you've laid in front of us, honored Consul, I fear that the cavalry that will be at your disposal will not be sufficient to break Pyrrhus' experienced phalanxes. I therefore recommend you to recruit additional cavalry to strengthen your Hammer of Rome in the oncoming battle with the Greek serpent!
    I also strongly suggest that you let patience be a virtue of your, Consul Lucius Aurelius Lepidus, for if the pesky Calabrians will cross the border between the regions, Pyrrhus will be forced to react. The Calabrians will most likely loose the battle, but they will take their toll on Pyrrhus' army! And do not consider this the way of a cowardly vulture, but as a stratagem of a great general of Rome!

Rome and her brave soldiers will be in good hands with you, Consul Lucius Aurelius Lepidus! Know that whatever course of action you decide to undertake, you will always have my full support!

ROMA VICTOR!
    Micaelis Horatius Malleolus applauds Consul Lucius Aurelius Lepidus
    Last edited by J.B.; September 28, 2007 at 04:38 PM.

Ave, Aquila Decimus Cato

Your words are well chosen and spoken. Bravo!
    Last edited by J.B.; September 28, 2007 at 04:38 PM.

Ave Micaelis Horatius Malleolus,

Thank you.. And your words are very convincing as well.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Lucius Cornelius Sulla stands puzzled for a while and then says these to Aquila Decimus Cato:

I only believe that increased taxation will not stand good with the People of Rome,already been tested by war.But i trust in your greater wisdom,Tribune. May the Plebeians and the simple people of our sacred Republic do the same...

Then he says to the Junior Consul:

Consul, I propose the creation of a garrison in the cities of Roma,Capua,Neapolis and Apulania in order to give you the manpower to destroy Pyrrhus as Senate has commanded. I propose that the garrison will be of the light infantry and velites(if available) composition.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Thank you Senators.

I did have in mind a plan somewhat like Malleolus'. I expect the Calabrians to attack Pyrrhus, or vice versa. Pyrhuss would not allow the Calabrians to stay long in his territory. I also do not believe the Calabrians would amass such a large army if they did not intend to make use of it. I think the Calabrians will provide the much needed distraction that will allow us time to gather our forces and recruit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Micaelis Horatius Malleolus stands quickly and in a polite, but determined voice address Lucius Cornelius Sulla

I will never live to see the day that the walls of Rome will be guarded by less experienced and equipped soldiers of The Republic. Surely, for the safety of Rome and her people, we should never open the gates to send our garrison to war, when Consul Lucius Aurelius Lepidus will have more than enough manpower to subdue Tarentum to Roman Will.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Senator, we should consider the tribunes plan. The levies would be cheap, and what we need now is cheap. This is war, and we do not have infinite resources to throw about.

Besides, once we send the legions in the other towns out, those towns will have no garrison. We need to consider this.

Yes I agree with Micaelis Horatius Malleolus we need the legion in Roma.
    In case of the off chance that the consul does not win we will have a legin to defend rome and her people.

Ave, Consul Lucius Aurelius Lepidus

Which is excatly why we should raise the taxes!
    I support the recruitment of light garrisons in the cities fromm which the legions will be drawn from
    Last edited by J.B.; September 28, 2007 at 04:53 PM.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Ancus smashes his fist on the table in front of him;

Rome, Rome is defended, Rome is defended by the best troops we have, the best Legio - Legio 1.

Why let this Legion grow lax? Send it forward, send the infantry, leave the Velites, let the Principe's stay if you must.

But why squander and opportunity to use, in the field of battle, the mightiest legion raised?

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Okay Senators, I can see this degenerating into a mess. Therefore I will propose several measures.

Measure 1: Give me command of Legions II and III, with VI standing as reinforcements, to fight Pyrrhus. The rest of the legions will wait in reserve.
    1-yea 0-nea

Measure 2: raise all taxes to "high" 1 yea 0 nay

Measure 3: Raise levies of light infantry and velites in cities left vacant by legions heading to war: 1 - yea 0 - nay

Please, senators, make your votes quick. The republic may hang in the balance. (ooc 2 hour max limit on this vote. Sanada or the censor will have to end it as I will not be available)

Micaelis Horatius Malleolus reacts promtly

Does the Junior Consul not think that the greatest city on earth, deserves the mightiest legion as its defender?!

Measure 1: Yay - 2, Nay - 0
    Measure 2: Yay - 2, Nay - 0
    Measure 3: Yay - 2, Nay - 0

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Lucius Cornelius Sulla responds to Micaelis Horatius Malleolus:

Nor would I friend Senator but I strongly believe that the experienced men guarding Roma may be what will tip the balance of forces to our favor! What if Pyrrhus doesn't attack the city of Cannae and its army? what if he decides to stay close to Tarentum and his reinforcements and the Consul has to bring war to him? Are you sure Senator that raw recruits - even legionaries with no battle experience - will stand against Pyrrhus's experienced men without tremendous casualties?

I thereby vote:
    Measure One:YEAH
    Measure Two:NO(i have spoken against it i can't change my opinion...
    Measure Three:YEAH

(sorry if i "irritate" you with continuing answers against your motions - roleplaying reasons!!!someone has to role play the "populares"...)
    Last edited by Kritias; September 28, 2007 at 05:02 PM.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Ave Great Senators,

NO! I do not suppport sending Legio I out to fight against phyruss they are not needed we have 2 legions possibly 3 if taxes are raised to send to phyruss. And rome must be defended at all costs! by the best men possible not the light infantry and young men who havent been old enough to feel a womans warmth.. No we need the battle hardened men from the Sarmation Wars to defend the jewel of Italy.

Roma Victor!
    -Aquila Decimus Cato

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Gaivs Gracchvs View Post

(sorry if i "irritate" you with continuing answers against your motions - roleplaying reasons!!!someone has to role play the "populares"...)
    I hope no one gets annoyed with anyone. Realize at the end of the day this is just a game guys

Measure1:Yay 3-0
    Measure2:Yay 3-0
    Measure3:Nay 3-0

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Measure 1: Yay 4 - 0

Measure 2: Yay 4 - 0

Measure 3: Yay 4 - 0

I think it is safe to say you have emergency powers Consul.

Ave, Lucius Cornelius Sulla

We have no need of them in this war. An entire 3 legions stands at the Consuls disposal, men whom are equally brave and equipped, but that they have yet to prove themselves, the way that Legio I has, doesn't degrade their skills, courage and loyalty to Rome. The cohorts are lead by officers with ample experience!
    Let this be their rite of passage!

(please, keep 'em coming! Makes this so much fun! )