Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ancus (senate records)

Default Re: YOU are the Senate, an interactive AAR! (discussion and rp thread)

Ave, Aquila Decimus Cato

But if our legions moves swift as the wind, the Calibrians will never know of our passing through their lands.
    We need to act now! Time is of the essence. Everyday Pyrrhus gains a better foothold in Latium! He must be removed with hast!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

The Consul's Messenger speaks

"I do believe that there have beens some misconceptions about the Calabrian threat. They do not block our path to Pyrrhus. In fact, here is a map showing two possible paths to battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Great Senator,

This is probily not a wise descion to just pass strait through greek land to attack other greek lands.
    even if this works senator tarentum will be cut off from roman lands and supplies by the free peoples and if they desied to attack our weakend legion occuping tarentum it could be destarious.

either way war with the free peoples is going to happen if we want italy to the rightoues owners.
    Last edited by 68 Powers; September 29, 2007 at 12:13 PM.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Micaelis Horatius Malleolus rises

Then we must have a decision now!

Attack Pyrrhus or the Calibrians?

Pyrrhus - 1, Calibrians - 0

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Powers View Post
    Ave Great Senator,

This is probily not a wise descion to just pass strait through greek land to attack other greek lands.
    even if this works senator tarentum will be cut off from roman lands and supplies by the free peoples and if they desied to attack our weakend legion occuping tarentum it could be destarious.
    The Consul is positive that holding Tarentum is a viable option. We could easily send supplies via sea lanes from Asculum, Apuliana, and Arminium.
    Last edited by Winter; September 29, 2007 at 12:16 PM.

Ave great Senators,

I will support this attack. But i am not sure if it is wise to aloow suck a big gap between roman lands.

Attack
    Phyruss 2 - Free peoples 0

Ave, Senators

Messenger, I am also confident that you can tell the missed Consul, that he will receive additional reinforcements from legio VII. This should help him insure that Tarentum can be held and defended if forces of either Epiros or the Calibrians decide to show their ugly face in battle.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

The messenger speaks

"Thank you Conscript fathers, these extra troops very well may tip the balance in our favor. I will wait here to see the result of this vote, and then resume my duties with the legion."

i guess ill not vote, since everybody wants war!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Gaius Sempronius Gracchus speaks:

Attack
    Pyrrhus 3 - Calabrians 0

Most honored senators, if we would attack the Calabrians, then we will have gained an additional foe. This Pyrrhus is no fool: as soon as war with the Calabrians breaks out, he will move into Calabria to help his fellow Greeks and we will be facing overwhelming odds.

BEAT Pyrrhus. NOW. The Calabrians will be easily conquerd when all hope for help is lost...
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

attack pyrrhus only with 1 legion ????????????????????????????

when they've full stack and a chance to receive reinforcements ....

personaly this plan don't convice me, smell like bloodbath !
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Ave Senator,

4 legions my freind... 4 of them we will win this battle.
    Last edited by 68 Powers; September 29, 2007 at 02:18 PM.

Ave, Marcus Tullius Cicero

It has been a long time since you have been seen in the senatus, therefore I understand if you are a..... bit out of touch. Consul Lepidus will command a total of four legions. Legio II, III, VI and VII will be at his command. A mighty sight it must be.

Pyrrhus: 4 Calibrians: 0

If we attack the Calibrians, our legions will be drained. So we should dash out to attack Pyrrhus instead, then hit the Calibrians from both sides.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Ave Great Senators,

So all togather.. we have agreed that we should attack pyhruss twice.
    Lets hurry up with the battle so that we can conduct other matters and
    The Consuls Term wont be sitting near pyhruss's lands waiting for senators
    to decided weather or not to attack. We are at war with them he decides if he attacks or not.
    Please stop delaying him and the legions So that these brave men of Rome can get back to their families and farms.

Ave, Senators

Many of our fellow senators are not here today, this day of great importance. So many of our debates might be unknown for them, but as we all remember the last days of discussion has been around the slimy, "spear" loving Pyrrhus and Tarentum! How we are to deal with him, what legions should be committed to subdue southern Italy to Roman Rule starting with Tarentum.

So far this is what we have agreed upon.

That Legio II, III, VI and VII will be at Consul Lepidus' command.
    That Legio I residing in Rome is NOT to be available to Consul Lepidus
    That levies are to raised in the cities from which the legions leave.
    That the taxes are to be raised to provide financial support to:

a. those whom loved ones should perish in battle for Rome
    b. raise additional levies for the cities and reinforcements to Consul Lepidus if the need arises.
    c. to rebuild and establish Tarentum as a Roman Province.
    That when the walls of Tarentum has fallen that the populace will be shown mercy,
    That in the case of defeat taxes are to be raised additionally to provide:

a. a quick boost in economy to raise legions fast.
    b. to raise legions used for defensive and later on offensive purposes.

Last thing needed is the vote on whom we should strike at first.

The Calibrians or Pyrrhus.

Pyrrhus - 4, Calibrians - 0

However the result seems to be clear to everybody.

Micaelis Horatius Malleolus rises and walks down to the messenger

My friend, give this document to our beloved Consul and tell that the Senate has decided the fate of Pyrrhus and Tarentum. Go now, find the fastest stead you can and ride with fury!

Senators, citizens of Rome.. Friends. When this messenger leaves the senate he carries with him the fate of many Romans and Greeks. A fate which has been forged here! In this house! In this city!
    Now, our time has come to withdraw and wait for the reports of our noble Consuls progress against Pyrrhus and the Greeks.

Micaelis Horatius Malleolus turns around and looks at the messenger

My boy, are you ready to go?

Aqulia Knods to Micaelis Horatius Malleolus

Finally led this evil deed be done with. let the greek see the tens of thousands of men ready to fight for free of tarentum. let the greeks quake in fear of their undieing love for this republic. Let the gods Grant us victory!

Roma Victor!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Lucius Cornelius Sulla enters the senate and after being informed of recent developments,he stands up so that all can see him and says while raising his left hand:

Senators! Brothers! Why you want war,when we are already at war with one foe? For all we know they might be running away from the Tyrant! I propose that we should wait, maybe build some watchtowers and appoint guard duties in the passage of Neapolis and even recruit more men to be sent to protect Apulania. I also propose that a cassus belli is voted; If the Calabrians have vile intentions -by entering the Ager Romani- i propose that we should immediately retaliate with war. That may also trap Pyrrhus into attacking the Calabrians in their moment of weakness; something that will reduce his numbers...:hmmm:
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

The Messenger speaks

Senators, thank you for this decision. The Consul will be pleased that he can finally get this war going. I bid you Valete, Senatores!

The Messenger runs from the senate.

(ooc) Sulla I just noticed the irony of you using that sig