Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ancus (senate records)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ancus (senate records)

This thread is for discussing any votes and elections held, as well as posting updates for the senate's consumption. Consider this thread the official Cvria Romani for this AAR.

Some important links

Here's all you need to know about the Senate!

Applications Thread.

First post, Including Current Senators, sigs, etc.

So, without further aedu, Roma Victor

Cicero denouncing Cataline by Cesare Maccari
    Last edited by Winter; October 05, 2007 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: YOU are the Senate, an interactive AAR! (discussion and rp thread)

The Discussion:
    Should Rome move against a nation immediately?

Decius Loreius Ancus
    Rome must act as soon as possible, the gold and slaves of our enemies will power our economy, the trade routes and there gold will power our economy, I suggest we take small territories at a time, gnoring at our enemies Achilles, gradually creating a Republic based on Romes Legions and maniples!
    Last edited by sanada; September 25, 2007 at 03:45 PM.
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Well it doesent matter what mod we play we will have to take southern italy.
    so i suggest we do that first to somewhat strenthen are econemy.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Lvcivs Avrelivs Lepidvs speaks:

" Senators, we must not abandon the traditions of our great republic to gain some temporary security and gold. It is not our way to make war on our neighbors for no reason. Unless provoked, I will not support any action that will bring us to war."

Ave great senators,
    Lvcivs Avrelivs Lepidvs
    What would you suggest we do then?

Roma Victor

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Build our infrastructure. Build our economy. It was not long ago we defeated the samnites in that war, why rush into another.

Besides, we all know our strained relations with Tarentum and Phyruss. You may get your war soon enough.

Ave Great Senators,

Yes i have forgotten about the war it would be a wise descion to build the economy. Hopfully we can delay the war with these people. If not.. may mars grant us victory.

Roma Victor!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I beg your pardon, you forgot the Samnite wars? How much Hemp have you been inhaling?

Haha, Maybe to much but now that u have brought my memoires of that war back i will not be so rash in war with other nations now haha

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I propose that we build paved roads between all of our settlements. This will allow for better trade and movement of armies.

I also suggest that everyone visit this thread
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124014

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Gaius Sempronius Gracchus:

"Yes, paved roads between our great cities. It will allow the swift march of a legion, moving like an unstoppable wave of Roman courage.
    Let us build up our armies, bring them to our borders, especially the southern one, and prepare for war. We will not attack unless provoked, but when provoked, the senate will be ready!!"
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

Scipius Secondus Julius enters the room:

I say we quickly take all rebel settlements. Then proceed to kick Gaul out of Italy (they have useless armies compared to Roman Power). Then we take Illyria as well. Finally, we check the situation in Sicily. Attack Sicily if Carthage is about to conquer. However, be prepared for a long war.

Roma Invicta!
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Decius Loreius Ancus:

Roads?
    Roads that lead into our heartland, that will speed the advance of the marauding Gauls?
    Roads that lead to Rome?
    Why should we direct our enemies to our homeland?
    Secure our borders! Secure the peninsular, then you may build roads.

Aulus Flavinius Auxilius:

We, noble men of the Senate, should not be afraid of the unwashed barbarians to the north or the greedy Greeks to the south. Let us build great roads to allow the mighty legions to rapidly advance on and destroy any force that dares threaten Rome.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Decius Loreius Ancus:

And who will command these legions?
    For now Rome needs isolation, leave the Northern Wastes if you must, but be weary - for when we return the Gauls will be stronger then ever.
    Build ports, renavate our merchent quarters. But no matter how much money Rome has, its legions will be no better.

Primus Executus Maximus

Impudent old fools, time is changing and we are at the dawn of a new age! Can't you see or don't you want to see our enemies amassing at our borders, waiting for the right time to strike? Only if we strike first there is hope for Rome! I say let our mighty legions march south, to crush those greek insects and their allies into the mud. Then let us free Sicily and the surrounding islands from the tyranny of the vile Carthaginians! We don't need peace to strengthen our economy, the loot from our enemies will more than compensate for lost trade. Roma Victor!

Solaris's Avatar Ducenarius

Marcus Livius Drusus

Roma is not a war mongering nation, if we wage war for no reason, are we really any better than barbarians? Unless provoked, Rome should keep Rome to itself - letting our land owners till their fields, and Rome shall prosper. The burden of a standing army is too much for our small nation - a secure man does not walk around with a bodyguard, as we should not have an army - the money it would take to keep legions in the field could be used to much better uses.

If Pyyrhus attacks however, we will crush him into the dust, just like every other man who has tried to destroy Rome!

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

Marcvs Ativs Balbvs stands in front of the senate to bellow that all Rome may hear,

We are Romans! Not Greeks and Gauls. Remember what our fathers stood for. We are not people whom burn pillage and destroy for wealth. We are Romans who give civilisation. And civilisation is through hearts and minds, not blood and guts. You cannot civilise a dead corpse so much as i can control the seasons. We need friends not foes, and as such, we should send envoys to the Guals, Carthaginians, and Illyrians, and even the greeks and macedonians (and epirotes if we play a mod with them in) and get trade between us moving. With the gold, we can build roads, new ports and industries throughout central italy, which we must not forgot are not fully romanized and that they need to be swayed which is done by showing the benefit of Roman rule, not enforcement of it.

An out of breath Marcvs sits and waits the opinions of his compatriats
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Lucius Aurelius Lepidus speaks

There is no justified reason, no Casus Belli for attacking our neighbors. Thus I, and the majority of the senate I should hope, will not support a war.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Decius Loreius Ancus:

I must say the arguments have swayed my mind, I will be supporting a peaceful and prosperous period in our great cities history.

However, I believe that sufficient action should be taken against anyone who decides to march against us, this action should be as far as to repel the invasion and to liberate the aggressors cities upon the Italian peninsular.

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast