Thread: Playing Republic Of Rome-CTD Problem

Default Playing Republic Of Rome-CTD Problem

I run into a bug whenever I end my turn. I'm playing as the Republic of Rome, in the year 246 B.C. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game, but to no avail. I ran into this problem earler when I played as Rome, but then it crashed after my turn in 252 B.C. I'm using the Standard Rome Total War with the RTR Platinum Full Install. Please Help!

Default Re: Playing Republic Of Rome-CTD Problem

It happens right after you end turn or during some other faction`s turn?
    Do you have revolt CTD hotfix installed? It should be saved game compatible from what others report so you could try to install it now. Just to be sure, make backups first.

It happens right after I end my turn...it doesn't even go to the a.i. turns...you know when they count off the insignia at the top. What is the revolt CTD?

I recall a townsquare in game that says something about rebels. I'm going to check the file to see if any of my towns were rebelling...or any for that matter...going to turn off fogowar.

Can you link me to the CTF hotfix?

Edit 1-Yep it was that town rebelling thing...I loaded my game and found a town that was *gasp* rebelling. I put some men in there...and made the townsfolk happy, then ended my turn. Happily...the game continued!

But yeah, can you link me to this CTF hotlix?...or tell me what to do to fix this problem. .
    Last edited by Megris Vernin; September 22, 2007 at 01:57 PM.

The revolt CTD means that sometimes when a city revolts the game CTDs. Probably because it can`t generate units for the army to occupy the settlement. This is one theory. According to this, the vanilla peasants(do you remember them? ) were there just for this. They were a generally recruitable unit(no aor, no other buildings then the governmet ones, no reform condition etc.) that was available anywhere anytime. So, the revolt hotfix made skirmisher units recruitable by this principle. Which is not terrible fun, but they were made very expensive in order for the AI not to make whole armies of light units. So they`re not supposed to be bought(presuming you have that much money).
    Here is the link for the hotfix:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112696
    As I`ve said, people claim to be save game compatible, but it would be wise to backup the saved game and files first.

Also, as it says in the List of Known/Fixed Bugs for RTRPE v1.9 pinned right above:
    it appears that leaving just one unit in the city(not more, not 0) helps the city in revolting fine. There is a whole discussion on this issue here at twc and here at the totalwar.org.
    You might want to check that thread to get a better idea of what known issues there are.