Thread: CTD error when going to battle map

Default CTD error when going to battle map

I just installed the mod two days ago. I haven't updated to 2.3 yet.

When I press fight battle on battle map, the loading screen comes up then I get this

I press OK, the game crashes then this comes up.

My army is composed of snaga hunters, orc raiders, orc blades, dunlending axemen, dunlending hillmen, tribal spearmen wolfhunters and warhounds.

Since I know nothing about modding RTW, I have no idea what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: doesn't really have much to do with the topic, but I was under the impression that the mod would have enitrely new music? The only thing close to new music I'm having is the sound when you press end turn. Has the music not been added yet, or perhaps something went wrong during the installation?

Thanks for any help

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: CTD error when going to battle map

Hmmm...the reason why you are having problems is because you did not read the instructions correctly. The bug is an old one present in the old 2.0 build - this was only active for a few days and you should have been directed to the 2.0b build if you followed the instructions to check our site for the latest version. However, you can upgrade to 2.0b by applying the fix patches 2.1 AND 2.2

Then apply 2.3.

The music - again, as the instructions say, - is in a separate download: the fatw music pack.

LINK: http://www.thefourthage.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1775
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Well, I added 2.1 then 2.2
    Tried again and the same thing happened.
    I guess I will just remove the whole thing and install 2.0b

Well, you are the only person who still had a problem after patching up - so you've done something wrong

Please let the team know how things could be made more simple to be understood.

I can't figure out how I even got to downloading 2.0, all I'm able to find now is 2.0b

Secondly, I'm 90% sure that something went wrong in the installation to begin with. I started installing, but then I let someone else use the computer so I switched users. When the other person was done I had to restart the computer. There's somethign wrong on the other user where sometimes when you log off the screen will go blank and the only way to fix it is to restart.
    I'm assuming that hwen I restarted the installation wasn't completed, since I finished installing 2.0b just a few minutes ago and it took a very long time for the dos window to finally close.

I'm now installing the music pack.

Thanks for the help, and hopefully I won't mess it up again

Yes, that sounds like it could have been problematic first time around

The dos window lasts ten minutes I believe (on an average PC) and must not be interrupted. Remember to apply the 2.3 patch (released today) to the 2.0b build (can be done before or after the music pack is applied). You must not apply 2.1 or 2.2 as they are strictly for 2.0 and not 2.0b.

Happy playing!

Thanks, it did work this time around.
    I didn't install 2.3 yet because I want to finish my saved game and I read on the 2.3 page that it isn't compatible with earlier saves.
    Got the music to work too, really adds a nice touch.

Great mod guys