Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: *** Release Date Pushed Back***

Indefinitely Banned

Default *** Release Date Pushed Back***

Hello Again,

Both me and AlphaDelta have decided and agreed to push back the release date for Broken Crescent 1.0 past Sept. 28th.

BC 1.0 will now also include Strelac's Eastern Roman Empire units. We decided that given Strelac's great progress and with the roster being about 50% completed it would be short-sighted and childishly impatient to simply not wait for him to finish up his work. The current vanilla Roman units are after all scar on BC 1.0 and we've always strived to make an excellent mod - and the vanilla Romans dont help that aim.

Therefore, BC 1.0 will be released some time after Sept 28th as soon as we can incorporate Strelac's Roman units.

Hope, you guys understand.

EDIT:

Additionally a new faction, "The Imamat of Oman" shall be made by AlphaDelta concurrently to the creation of the ERE units.
    Last edited by Miraj; September 25, 2007 at 08:39 PM.

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Default Re: *** Release Date Pushed Back TBA***

No problem, it's what many wanted anyways, and it helps make the mod feel more complete.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

I don't think BC is ever coming out. They're just going to keep tempting us into madness.

Ieuano's Avatar Decanus

no worries. The release date curse has stuck again!
    Last edited by Ieuano; September 22, 2007 at 12:10 PM.
    Total Rep = Unknown???? who will +rep me to the crown, whomever it is will get a mystery prize! or will they...

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

i knew that strelac's units would be included in the first release....it took ya'll long enough to make that decision....lol. release the mod whenever it's done to your satisfaction.

I expect it to be released within 2 hours of Strelac finishing the Eastern Romans!

Indefinitely Banned

Well the Mod IS done. I mean the last thing I was doing was typing up the readme.txt file - just to give you an idea.

So once Strelac's units are finished - and no we wont take it too well if you start pushing and rushing him - we will incorporate them, balance the Byz stats and then release.

Either way, we're in NO rush to release.
    Last edited by Miraj; September 22, 2007 at 12:24 PM.

*Gasp* Mirage! You started showing your Reputation points! It's a big day for you. Release the mod whenever you feel fit.

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

To be honest, I agree with you... its better to wait for a complete makeover over the byzies also... it'll look alot better then all factions new except one..

But still...
    † Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

But you know, I think I am going to miss those sexy bright purple robes of the Varangian guards... *Sighs in a daydream*

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Not.

Indefinitely Banned

Trust me guys, its no fun playing that part of the map when your glorious KoJ, Egypt, Turkish or Armenian warriors go up against what looks effectively like a gay-pride parade. They just had to be killed off for 1.0 and replaced with Strelac's glorious units.
    Last edited by Miraj; September 22, 2007 at 12:39 PM.

nnnm's Avatar Senator

we waiting the mode from about 6 months ,so if the mod pushed back for few weeks (or better to be 30 September\ may birth day ) no problem. and personally I'm eager to see Strelac's work.
    keep up the fantastic work guys

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

Khannnnnn!!!!!

but in all seriousness take as much time as needed BC , those units will be icing on the cake.
    I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

Thank you guys. Honestly I want to play Byzantines as one of the first factions but having to use the regular roster would have made it completely rediculous when you fight those other great nations' rosters.

Btw, just wondering, does this mean that all the vanilla factions were included in BC all have a new roster, correct?
    Team Member of Wrath of the Norsemen M2TW Mod (3D Modeller)
    Economic Left/Right: 8.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceUnion View Post
    Btw, just wondering, does this mean that all the vanilla factions were included in BC all have a new roster, correct?
    Every single playable faction from vanilla (turks, egypt, byzantium) will now have a completely new roster in BC 1.0. So partly yes. Unplayable factions - Mongols Timurids - have no changes whatsoever. And I hope to axe the Timurids in the future, so that leaves the Mongols that have been not modified - and they don't look that bad TBH.
    Last edited by Miraj; September 22, 2007 at 12:52 PM.

ahhhhh

well it is worth it if we get those mighty fine byzantines...i was thinking of staying away from them altogether as i didnt want to even fight such an ugly army compared to other factions
    True bread is for True Romans

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    Every single playable faction from vanilla (turks, egypt, byzantium) will now have a completely new roster in BC 1.0. So partly yes. Unplayable factions - Mongols Timurids - have no changes whatsoever. And I hope to axe the Timurids in the future, so that leaves the Mongols that have been not modified - and they don't look that bad TBH.
    Well, the Mongols are already strong enough and your right they do have a pretty good roster.

Timurid makeover?

so Timurid heavy Lancers will look different than their mongol counterparts?

Actually Mirage wants to axe them not improve them. Tbh, the Timurids don't really fit in this time period anyways (they come really late into the game).

Oh!

Thanks lol

Enough Turkic Hordes Than?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast