Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Combining Xenophonia with other mods

Default Re: Combining Xenophonia with other mods

HI all!

I read forum threads and i see there's a solution how to combine Xenophonia_1E with SS_5.0.
    I tried the same procedure with Xenophonia_2beta and SS_5.1,but without succses.
    I love both mods,Xeno2(thank you beiss) and SS5.1,so i'll be very gratefull if someone could tell me how to combine them?:hmmm:

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

I think it's already been answered in this very thread. Just go back a few pages.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

But I already try what you said in post #21.There's a problem,because i can't run extract_audio.bat,because there's no audio file in SS/sounds folder.

And from what i see there are voice 1,2,3 in original MTW/sounds folder.MTWXeno2Beta works fine ,it's just that SS5.1won't?
    Last edited by Beiss; December 12, 2007 at 07:11 AM.

If there is no "audio" file in SS/sounds, then edit extract_audio.bat (using e.g. notepad) so it doesn't extract "audio" but "voice", "music" or whatever it is you want to extract (remember "events" cannot be extracted).
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

There's my original SS/data/sounds folder:
    events.dat 7644KB
    events.idx 17KB
    German events.dat 7644KB
    German events.idx 17KB
    Music.dat 1KB
    Music.idx 1KB
    NON-ENGLISH events.dat 6412KB
    NON-ENGLISH events.idx 17KB
    SFX.dat 5100KB
    SFX.idx 3KB
    Voice.dat 1KB
    Voice.idx 1KB
    There's also 3 folders:
    effect_evt
    music
    SFX

Shold I extract anyone of those files?

Hm,so if i want to use audio_extract.bat i must copy file audio.dat from Xenophonia/data/sounds folder to SS/data/sounds.Yes?

If you want to extract Xenophonia's sounds, you can either copy the audio.dat file, or run extract it and copy the resulting "voice" folder instead. But like I said, you can use extract_audio.bat to extract other files as well, but you need to edit it so that it reads, e.g.
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF

.\xidx.exe -x data\sounds\SFX
    instead of
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF

.\xidx.exe -x data\sounds\audio
    and then it will extract SFX.dat/idx instead of audio.dat/idx. SFX seems to be the only file that actually contains anything, so extract it.

So as i understand you in my SS/data/sonds folder(before first launch of the game) should be:
    extracted+old files in SFX folder
    old music folder
    old effect_evt folder
    new voice folder(xenophonia)

OK?

About those sound txt files.Are they the same for SS5.0 and SS5.1?
    Last edited by Beiss; December 12, 2007 at 08:19 AM.

what do you mean by "old" files in the SFX folder? Did there already exist an SFX folder with samples in it? If so, ok.

I don't know about the sound txt files. You need to replace some of SS's sound text files with Xenophonia's or there won't be any changes. You also need to delete (or backup, which is probably a better idea) events.dat/idx from the SS\data\sounds folder before launching the game (though only the first time), or the mod will run with the old, non-Xenophonia settings.

The best thing you can do is ask someone else who's already done this - they can probably send you the files you need.

Also, please stop double-posting. There's an "edit post" button for adding stuff you forgot the first time
    Last edited by Beiss; December 12, 2007 at 08:27 AM.

Yes ,it's OK,I meant that ones.One last question before i'll try to install it again.

In SS mod folder there's a config file,which already contain
    [io]
    file_first = true

And the SS batch file contains:

cd ..\..
    kingdoms.exe @mods\Stainless_Steel\Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.cfg

Must I then run SS shortcut with that io.file_first switch or no?

I think you can skip it. Xenophonia has no cfg file, but does it using a shortcut, but Stainless Steel, I don't know. Try it as it is.

I succeeded.My game is now better than never before.Thanks Beiss.

There's only one thing.The loading time of the game is increased now.And those files in SS/data/sounds folder.Could I somehow compress them?Like they are in original MTW/data/sound folder.

Hm... well, the loading time is huge, I know, but only the first time. The game should load normally the second time and every time thereafter. About the files in the SS\data\sounds folder, you can't compress any of the dat/idx files, but you can remove the entire "voice" folder that you put there earlier (all the samples are now in audio.dat/idx anyway). That'll save you about 1GB.
    Last edited by Beiss; December 12, 2007 at 03:39 PM.

How huge the loading time can be? I waited for some 20 minutes and still the game was loading. Should I've been more patient? I'd love to get Xenophonia to work with SS 5.1.

20 minutes sounds like a really long time. It takes about 5 on my computer. If the game takes more than, say, 15 minutes, you should try to quit the game, and if that doesn't work, reset the computer. Then post the system log and let me look at it. The most likely explanation is that the game has locked up because it can't find a file that it needs, or a file is corrupted somehow.

I thought so too about my loading time. Thank you. I will send the log to you, but it'll take a while. After installing and re-installing Xeno 1E and 2beta, Stainless Steel and Kingdoms couple of times and still not getting the game to work I deleted my xenofiles. So I will have to download and install them again and at this moment I don't have time. Later.

Sorry about it being so hard for you. It works flawlessly for some, and for some it doesn't work at all for no apparent reason.

Nothing to be sorry about. It's a wonderful mod and worth the effort but at the moment I lack the time even to play the game, not to mention to jiggle with configurations.

Well, me neither, to be honest...

Anyone have any luck combining this with retrofit? I get an unspecified error.