Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any mods for .890 yet?

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Default Any mods for .890 yet?

just wondering.

Default Re: Any mods for .890 yet?

the module system has not even been released it, so no. You're looking at least 3-6 months before a quality mod will be released

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

.89 is still in beta version. The previous one is still considered the "official" version.

Which is funny to me, because the game is still technically all in beta anyway. So this is like the beta of the beta.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Theres the Battle Size Changer available at The Mount and blade repository.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

I'm hoping someone puts together a decent quest list soon.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Ugh!

I can't wait until they release "Live by the Sword" and TLD as mods for .890!

The wait is unbearable! I just love .890....

What I do is make a two folders. One for mount and blade .890 and one for .808. That way I can enjoy all my favorite mods easily.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    What I do is make a two folders. One for mount and blade .890 and one for .808. That way I can enjoy all my favorite mods easily.
    That's exactly what I did.

But in .808, I get lag whenever I fight big-to-huge battles. That's weird since in other games, like Oblivion, lag doesn't exist.

Where in .890, it's smooth as silk even with all the video options on high.

Yea usually battles over about 50 people will get a little bit laggy. Thats normal, in v890 they improved fps and added dual core support so that lags is more bearable now.

Not to mention that, iirc, they've added LODs, which must be a huge performance boost as well.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

But in .808, I get lag whenever I fight big-to-huge battles. That's weird since in other games, like Oblivion, lag doesn't exist.

I don't really understand what you're saying here, since lag on large battles should be expected, and games like Oblivion do lag.

Yea usually battles over about 50 people will get a little bit laggy.

Quite a few (including myself) have always ran battles of 150+, and I've always run at least 200. On .89 I'm currently running 300, although I've turned down the shadows. Apart from that I've already run max settings and 1600x1200 res. I'm not boasting or anything as my laptop isn't anything special (2gig C2D, 1 gig ram, 7900gs), just pointing out that many will have no trouble with larger battles.

Not to mention that, iirc, they've added LODs

They have, but I think I remember hearing that they are enabled/disabled, and I'm not sure if they're running by default.

Forgot to add, I'm attempting a quick balancing mod. The main aim is to make the game harder financially (too easy in .89 to make money), to make better items more costly and feel "earned", stronger horse charger, NPCs level a bit quicker, elite units are rarer etc. It's not meant to be anything significant, just a collection of tweaks that make the game tougher, some more realism etc.
    Last edited by italiano; September 23, 2007 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by italiano View Post
    I don't really understand what you're saying here, since lag on large battles should be expected, and games like Oblivion do lag.
    I was trying to point out that since Oblivion is a more advanced game, graphic-wise, and I barely get any lag (custom-built Alienware FTW! ), it surprises me to have lag in Mount&Blade .808.

it surprises me to have lag in Mount&Blade .808.

Ah. How large are the battles you're fighting? There can be a lot more happening than in Oblivion, so it's kind of like the middle ground between Oblivion and M2TW. I'd imagine the extra AI that the soldiers need over M2 is pretty demanding.

Love the performance of the new version. When 1.00 comes out the latest rigs will probably be able to run 800-1000 troops, if the engine can handle it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by italiano View Post
    it surprises me to have lag in Mount&Blade .808.

Ah. How large are the battles you're fighting? There can be a lot more happening than in Oblivion, so it's kind of like the middle ground between Oblivion and M2TW. I'd imagine the extra AI that the soldiers need over M2 is pretty demanding.

Love the performance of the new version. When 1.00 comes out the latest rigs will probably be able to run 800-1000 troops, if the engine can handle it anyway.

In .808, I play with a battle-size of 100.

In .890, I play with an even bigger battle-size, yet I don't lag like I did in .808.

warluster's Avatar Miles

My version of M and B lagged a lot at first, I uninstalled ome of the games on my PC and it runs perfect now. Maybe you should try that?

Quote Originally Posted by warluster View Post
    My version of M and B lagged a lot at first, I uninstalled ome of the games on my PC and it runs perfect now. Maybe you should try that?

M&B .808?
    I should try that out.

Wait a minute, WarLuster? From the Warcraft mod for M2TW?

I find it really hard to go back to 0.808 mods now. My computer chokes at battle sizes larger than 60. In 0.89x I can run battles over 100 with no problems. The performance increase is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by allthesedamnnamesaretaken View Post
    I find it really hard to go back to 0.808 mods now. My computer chokes at battle sizes larger than 60. In 0.89x I can run battles over 100 with no problems. The performance increase is amazing.
    Seriously

I hope they can keep improving performance in future versions.

So we can finally play M&B, Total War style!

So what version is the final build supposed to stop at?

By final build do you mean 1.0? Or whether they'll be releasing regular patches afterwards?

So we can finally play M&B, Total War style!

In scale and gameplay. Wait and see what can be done with management like politics, economy etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast