Thread: Advertising in Schools?

Default Advertising in Schools?

just wanted to get a few views on this. Should it be allowed? I think not especially because every day the office floods us with atleast a few of those "join the sports team no one joins!" flyers everyday, and a few times a year advertisers try to invite us into schemes. So.... Shoot guys.. Let me see your thoughts.

=S=

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Default Re: Advertising in Schools?

We used to have armed forces ads everywhere when I went to HS.

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

No schools should be used for the purpose of teaching not advertising inane products.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Well, just ignore them.

I do, I just wanted people's say about it.

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

i am ok with jobs being advertised, infact i think it should be incoraged. but products i think not! for a high school sure but not younger kids, pester power is something parents get enough of.

No, jesus, we shouldn't have corporations trying to stuff their products down childrens thoats (or into their heads in this case) what a terrible idea.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

No, jesus, we shouldn't have governments trying to stuff their products down childrens thoats (or into their heads in this case) what a terrible idea.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

I've had advertising at school.
    Including chips which cause cancer and (more recently discovered/suggested) Alzheimer.

lol that's just insane! New low for advertisers, to be honest.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

no
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Advertisements should be allowed. No - enforced!

And those that buy products that have been advertised at school shall be penalized during final exams. For example, if water is advertised in any form, drinking it in public means you get 2 marks off. If the school advertises pants, all hot girls must refrain from wearing any.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    Advertisements should be allowed. No - enforced!

And those that buy products that have been advertised at school shall be penalized during final exams. For example, if water is advertised in any form, drinking it in public means you get 2 marks off. If the school advertises pants, all hot girls must refrain from wearing any.

Now thats a model school, but I have a feeling they are doing it because they want to sell their stuff more, so they just basically just block out all other products.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

I'm fine with advertizing school-stuff.. Like sports teams and such... But Schools should never recieve money for puting up advertisements. That immediately makes the school a supporter of the product, and schools should never support one product over another.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

Bokks's Avatar Thinking outside Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sidmen View Post
    I'm fine with advertizing school-stuff.. Like sports teams and such... But Schools should never recieve money for puting up advertisements. That immediately makes the school a supporter of the product, and schools should never support one product over another.
    ...that's kind of the point. If the companies wouldn't pay the schools, then who would they pay? Free advertising just isn't possible, or very economical.
    Besides, a lot of public schools need more funding anyway, and you just don't turn over the revenue from a brownie bake like you used to.
    Now, it would be cooler to limit what school could have as advertisements. Like, supporting local family owned small-time companies, especially any owned by a students family. Then it would be doubly productive! And kinda cool!
    Advertising as a whole, though? That's a good thing for every one involved, as long as the ads are kept in hallways and maybe the school paper. Classrooms though? Nope, that's academic area, foremost and only!
    Patronized by Vɛrbalcartɷnist|Great-Great-Grandclient of Crandar
    Thinking Outside the Bokks since 2008...

Good point, But I think that companies shouldn't hurt us where we are supposed to be safe.

Bokks's Avatar Thinking outside Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Clone View Post
    Good point, But I think that companies shouldn't hurt us where we are supposed to be safe.
    Ah, but are they truly hurting us? Many people, and when I say many, I mean most, and when I say most I mean virtually all, say that the suggestitivity of children make them uber-susceptible. But you know what? Children are no more susceptible than adults. If they don't want something, they won't get it. Generally speaking a person won't be pulled into something unless they weren't predisposed to that product in the first place, in which case they'd use it anyway.
    Of course I am the person who refuses to believe people are as stupid as everyone says they are. I've been bitten in the butt on that one before, I could be in this one too...
    Patronized by Vɛrbalcartɷnist|Great-Great-Grandclient of Crandar
    Thinking Outside the Bokks since 2008...

Today one of the PTA ladies made an announcement that a notice must imperatively go home..... What was it? An Advertisement! I'm sick of it now!