Thread: Number of factions and Types of ships!

Default Number of factions and Types of ships!

Hi all,

I noticed that somebody posted about 15 factions.

Creative said "10 playable factions" and of course some others probably could be unlocked.

I'm wondering how many there will ACTUALLY be?

I'm also wondering about what kinds of tall ships will be available?

Man o' War, Corvette, etc.?

BTW, This Empire:TW game looks like it'll be a complete RAM memory and video memory hog!

hellas1

Default Re: Number of factions and Types of ships!

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1 View Post
    Hi all,

I noticed that somebody posted about 15 factions.

Creative said "10 playable factions" and of course some others probably could be unlocked.

I'm wondering how many there will ACTUALLY be?

I'm also wondering about what kinds of tall ships will be available?

Man o' War, Corvette, etc.?

BTW, This Empire:TW game looks like it'll be a complete RAM memory and video memory hog!

hellas1
    1. There will be 50 factions or more (official statement)
    10 major ones, which are not yet decided fully, you can expect big 5 european (gb, france, prussia, austria, russia)+ottoman, sweden maybe, spain, poland, some sort of 13 colonys, and the rest is purley wild guessing. More will be playable or moddable to be played.

2. Check out some historic websites like this:
    2.1 It has over 100 illustrations of ships and models. http://www.scienceandsociety.co.uk/r...&F=0001&Step=1

2.2 exclusive swedish navy
    2.3 Pirate ships of that time

I would expect at least 12+ different shiptypes, including galley, galleasse, galleon, pinasse, sloop, frigate, ship of the line, brigg, war galleon, fleute, east indian fahrer... I think those would cover most of it, some fish trawlers and small merchant courier ships would also be nice not to mention the indian kanus.

2.4 We will also need specific asian vessels as seen here.

3. Considering the screenshoots you should expect to have a highend+ pc system for running on max settings. A good one for high/medium, but noone can tell yet.
    Last edited by Aradiel; September 18, 2007 at 01:54 AM.