Thread: RTRPE problems

Default RTRPE problems

I am currently playing the Greek faction and I have a large army in the region of Jerusalem. My army is posted on the bridge right above the city. Whenever I hit the end turn button the Egypt faction attacks me on the bridge. When I choose to do the battle, I will complete it, but when the game returns back to the upkeep part of the game, it will crash, I believe it is called CTD. If I choose to withdrawal from the battle instead of fighting, the game will crash while its doing its upkeep. As a third option, I moved my army away from the bridge before hitting the end turn button. This did not help, when I hit the end turn button the game will crash while its doing the upkeep. What must I do?

Default Re: RTRPE problems

You know, I think I`ve heard this before. What version of the mod are you using? Have you made any modifications to the game or installed mini-mods on top of RTRPE?

I installed a clean copy of Rome total war. I then installed the 1.3 patch then the 1.5 patch. Next came the Platinum 1.9 version of Rome total realism. I do not have anything else added. any ideas?

Sorry to ask, but what does this mean:
    the game will crash while its doing its upkeep.
    During the Ai turn when the Ai factions make their moves?
    Give a few more details please. For example:
    1. does the battle also includes an enemy army from the city nearby? If so, do you completely destroy that army and are given the option to take the city?
    2. do you kill the enemy`s general?

Also, do you have the revolt hotfix installed? It seems to be saved game compatible, but it is wise to backup the files and saved game first jsut to be sure.