Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armour Upgrades?

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Armour Upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    And I suppose it saves the blacksmith type buildings for other uses or other buildings all together.
    Yeah we tossed out the armoury buildings altogether. I've noticed that RTW's troop morale and experience boosts from buildings are still present and I will utilize those in the future to replace the void the lack of blacksmith buildings will leave.

I still like the idea we have for Polemarchia. <_<

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    I still like the idea we have for Polemarchia. <_<
    Good for you but:

A. This isn't Polemarchia.

B. Thats a boatload of work.

C.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta
    No no, we won't be making upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Popsicle View Post
    Good for you but:

A. This isn't Polemarchia.

B. Thats a boatload of work.

C.
    A. I know
    B. Not really, you change the amount of times the skins you ALREADY MADE show up per upgrade.
    C. Uh... I'll get back to you on that.

I just read the Polemarchia one and I think it will work very well, and I also like the way BC does it.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://&#91;IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png&#91;/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    I just read the Polemarchia one and I think it will work very well, and I also like the way BC does it.
    There is no middle ground here! You must choose a side and then commence in.... MORTAAAAAAL KOMBAAAAT.

Anyway, I don't really care. I was just suggesting it.

I guess then I like the Polemarchia way better just because you get to see a difference in units, but I don't think I'll feel "cheated" by BC because the skins they have are simply amazing.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://&#91;IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png&#91;/IMG]

If you're making a new mod of course you can specify any number of systems and work towards them. However, it is completely unfeasible to implement visual armour upgrades for 260 units. BC will never have armour upgrades.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    If you're making a new mod of course you can specify any number of systems and work towards them. However, it is completely unfeasible to implement visual armour upgrades for 260 units. BC will never have armour upgrades.

Cheers
    I like armour upgrades for Vanilla and such, but BC's units are too good to neccesitate them!

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

I think that a unit should upgrade armor only if it fits the unit and upgrade... and the armor level match's.

For an example, In vanilla MTW a Feudal Knight upgrades from heavy chain armor to light plate-mail armor, which makes since as heavy chain has 7 defense and light plate has 8.

But the Bill men(Normal, not heavy) upgrade from no armor, with a value of 0 defense, to leather, to light chain.

Except they do not get the added armor bonus.

Even though leather armor is supposed to be 4 defense the bill men have only 1, even though light chain is 5 defense the bill men have only 2.

So a unit should not be allowed to upgrade armor's unless they get the proper defense.

I mean, is anyone else bothered that halberd militia with full suits of solid steel plate armor have only a armor level of 3?

Where as the German Zeihander or Venetian infantry or heavy bill men even though they are wearing THE SAME FRICKEN ARMOR have an armor level of 8?

If a unit cannot upgrade and change models without giving them the proper defense, then make it a separate unit that replaces the older one!

It boils my blood that CA did this with a few units (Mame'luks get replaced by Royal Mame'luks, Mailed Knight's are replaced by Feudal Knights who are replaced by a better Knight like Imperial or Chivalric , who are replaced by an even better Knight like Gothic or Lancers...) but not with the others!

Like have halberd militia(with no armor) and then have a different unit called heavy halberd (with plate armor) and give the units the proper defense value.

I will be modding this myself and using the "Armor upgrade" models to make brand new units with the proper defense, like armored bill men (replaces bill men and will be replaced by heavy bill men) and heavy halberd militia.

But anyway, thats my two cents.
    Last edited by Fenix_120; September 19, 2007 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix_120 View Post

For an example, In vanilla MTW a Feudal Knight upgrades from heavy chain armor to light plate-mail armor, which makes since as heavy chain has 7 defense and light plate has 8.
    I think 7 to 8 is a bit too little to go from full mail, to mostly plate. 7 to 10 atleast makes more sense.

But anyways, BC doesn't need armor upgrades, as others have said. Awesome as some of the Latin units would be in heavier armor, I find them already as good as they cam be.

Indefinitely Banned

I guess there's no better time than now to start a habit of closing threads once questions have been answered.

So to sum up: BC won't have any armour upgrades or associated upgrade skins.

Question answered, thread closed.
    Last edited by Miraj; September 19, 2007 at 09:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12