Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Bug Reports: PLEASE READ POST #1!

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Bug Reports

I am now at turn 56 with Franconia, and I see two bugs at the moment.
    a) the Emperor died when his ship was sunk by that 5-fleet pirate armada I wrote about in recommendations 3 turns ago, and there was no election yet. Is that a bug or wanted? I am not under Reichsacht, and the Emperor did have an heir. EDIT: The late kaiser was Franconian and so he was under my control.
    b) a few turns before that, the game started to become very unstable, with weird problems on the UI buttons, and when I wanted to end turn 56, the game crashed after calculating turns of 4 AI-factions. It crashed calculating Bavaria's turn. Bavaria is under Reichsacht and at war with Swabia and myself (Franconia).

a) the Emperor died when his ship was sunk by that 5-fleet pirate armada I wrote about in recommendations 3 turns ago, and there was no election yet. Is that a bug or wanted? I am not under Reichsacht, and the Emperor did have an heir. EDIT: The late kaiser was Franconian and so he was under my control.
    Did you download the patch?

b) a few turns before that, the game started to become very unstable, with weird problems on the UI buttons, and when I wanted to end turn 56, the game crashed after calculating turns of 4 AI-factions. It crashed calculating Bavaria's turn. Bavaria is under Reichsacht and at war with Swabia and myself (Franconia).
    Thats really wierd. Honestly, I do not know how to fix that. Maybe someone else knows how to fix that.

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah, I got the patch. And a turn later, Elections were held - Franconia won again.
    I have a little problem, though.
    The papal seat is vacant at the moment - there weren't any cardinals when the old pope died - so I can't crown my Kaiser. Can I somehow create an Antipope without being excommunicated?

No you need to be excommunicated to create an antipope.

Graf von Watts's Avatar Laetus

Hello All,
    It appears that I may have found a bug (possibly) my game crashes after I complete my turn I am around turn 70 or so. I am including my error log for today as well. It could be a scripting error.
    15:31:18.390 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE
    15:31:18.406 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    15:31:18.406 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:31:18.406 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:31:18.406 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:31:18.421 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:31:18.421 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:31:18.421 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:31:22.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 117, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Armoured_Horse'.
    15:31:22.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 147, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Barded_Horse'.
    15:31:22.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 162, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_French_Barded_Horse'.
    15:31:22.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 242, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_AdV_French_Heavy_Horse'.
    15:33:10.437 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Im Namen des Vaters, des Sohnes und des Heiligen Geistes.

Thanks for reporting the scripting error. I am sure that once Dimitri sees what he did wrong he will change it.

@Graf von Watts:

Sorry, that log is not enough for me to tell what's going wrong. Could you change the logging from 'error' to 'trace' in HRR's config file? That would provide me with much more info.

Cheers, D.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Graf von Watts's Avatar Laetus

Thanks Dimitri, I will do that. I decided to start the campaign over and see what turns up this time. I will let you know.
    Im Namen des Vaters, des Sohnes und des Heiligen Geistes.

Hi i also get this errorr all the time, it happens to me any time and all the time no matter with what faction or turn, here is the my log
    10:56:54.234 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    10:56:54.250 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    10:56:54.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    10:56:54.421 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    10:56:54.453 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    10:56:54.500 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    10:56:54.531 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    10:56:54.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    10:57:06.234 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 117, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Armoured_Horse'.
    10:57:06.234 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 147, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Barded_Horse'.
    10:57:06.234 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 162, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_French_Barded_Horse'.
    10:57:06.234 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 242, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_AdV_French_Heavy_Horse'.

That's not really an error. The horses are missing, but the units in questions are not used in the mod, so that causes no error.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Hi, Just downloaded your mod but haven't played it yet. I noticed I had the same problem as a few others where it wouldn't start. I reinstalled it and noticed that the default directory to the medieval folder was incorrect. I directed it manually and it seems to work so that's good.

For the patch do I direct it to the HRR folder or the medieval one?

It's the medieval one.

Visit my homepage.

Good. Thanks.

You're welcome!

Visit my homepage.

I am having touble running the mod. i downloaded it into the corrcet file C:/Programs/SEGA/Medieval II Total War but i did not get a short cut put on to my desk top? I tired running the game from the c:drive but i could not get it to run. Does anybody know how to get fix this problem? Thank You

You downloaded it into the correct file? You mean folder, do you? The location of download does not matter. It's more important to install it into the right folder (C:/Programs/SEGA/Medieval II Total War it seems in your case).

Also make sure you have Kingdoms if you downloaded 0.5 of Das Heilige Römische Reich.

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.

I have it installed in the correct file but i have no way of running the game. I have no desktop short cut. How would I run the game? What disk do I need to use Medieval II or the Kingdoms?

You need to use kingdoms and if there is no icon you should go to the mtw2 mod directory and open the mod from the .bat in the HRR folder.

I checked the HRR file but i could not find the .bat file

Thats odd. You should try to install the mod again. Which version are you using?