Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Bug Reports: PLEASE READ POST #1!

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Bug Reports

- what i mean is that when you click a faction in the Grandcampaign screen they all look black
    talk t u later gotta go to school
    "Proud to be a nationalist"
    "Bound to see the elimation of the Illuminati from this world"

Ah, that. There is nothing I can do about it.
    The games crashes after clicking the faction-selection buttons 31-x times, where x is the number of faction-specific maps.
    As you can see, if I added a unique map for each faction, the game would crash as soon as I click 'Grand Campaign'. That's why I made only 1 map for all HRE factions + Milan.
    x = 18, that means the game should crash after clicking the buttons ~13 times. Try it out if you don't believe me. I have found no solution for that yet.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

haha so thats why it crashed after i clicked on many times, lol
    u sure we cant change so that the map has a different look

I found him

Thanks! I'll check this when I get back on Monday.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    Thanks! I'll check this when I get back on Monday.
    Have a good trip, or whatever you're doing!

Some ghost peoples in Aleppo:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hey Dimitri, The kings of most HRE factions like Saxony's faction leader isn´t appearing as they should (like the bohemian and franconian Faction Lead).

Hey Dimitri, The kings of most HRE factions like Saxony's faction leader isn´t appearing as they should (like the bohemian and franconian Faction Lead).
    No, everything appears perfectly as designed.

The only Kings in the HRE are the Bohemian and Franconian faction leaders, that's why they have king models and the others dont have them.

But if others manage to become a king or emperor, they get the correct model too. It seems you missed that feature in the overview & discussion threads.

Visit my homepage.

ooo cool and how do i make for example.. my bavarian faction leader to became a king

hello, im also having problems getting the game to start, i installed it in the right place, have kingdoms with updates, and it is all clean with no mods

sorry i was wrong, where do i download patch 1.4 for kingdoms?

Kingdoms is version 1.4 even without patches.

Check if you have the following folder structure in your Medieval II root directory: \mods\HRR
    If it is not there, you have installed in the wrong folder. Your root folder is where your kingdoms.exe is located.
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; December 04, 2007 at 04:47 PM.

Visit my homepage.

I have tried installing it in Program Files, and this C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\HRR,
    and i have tried the noraml M2TW and Kingdoms CD,
    which one am i supposed to use?
    By any chance can u explainhow to instal it properly very basically, trhanks

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods is the place where all my Kingdoms stuff is

Sorry never mind i got it to work

I dont know if anyone has noticed, but in the East Baltic, Riga, and the other cities can't upgrade from Town to Large Town, the farms appear first on the list of what buildings you have, when it is ussually the walls. And when i first took Riga, it had a Large Town wall on the list, but it was only a village, and when i attacked it there was no wall, cause the wasn't supposed to be

Thank you!

I never noticed that.
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; December 06, 2007 at 06:01 AM.

Visit my homepage.

Just a headsup on the names problems for you all.

I just finished completely revising the names files for The Long Road. It appears that Tornnight's name comparison tool doesn't always work properly. His name files were full of errors. I had to go through by hand and eliminate the disallowed characters inside the {} brackets in the names.txt and go through the descr_strat and descr_names files one name at a time to match them up with the names.txt file. Eventually, I completely reworked the files to upgrade them to the Character Names Project 3.0 too.

The best way, although it takes time and wears out your eyes, is to load all three files into a spreadsheet like Excel and compare them one name at a time. Make sure that all the names in the descr_strat are also in the descr_names for that particular faction (rebel names as well, based on what it has for a sub_faction). So, if you have in the descr_strat a Karl, for Saxony or a rebel in a province which has Saxony as the sub_faction, then you must also have a Karl listed in the males part of the Saxony section of descr_names. The same goes for surnames and female names.

Once you've made sure that descr_strat matches descr_names, you should then match every name in descr_names to a name inside the {} brackets in the names.txt file. It is safest to always list the names in descr_strat and descr_names as they appear inside the brackets in names.txt, such as no spac or - and no unicode characters. Use an underscore _ for the spaces and dashes - and the plain Latin letter like "a" instead of "ä" in all files.

Then once you're sure that descr_strat and descr_names and names.txt all match, go through and add the spaces, dashes and unicode letters into the version of the name in names.txt outside the {} brackets. So von_Buren would appear in descr_strat and descr_names; but in names.txt it would appear as {von_Buren}von Büren. In the game, it will always appear as von Büren. It is possible to use dashes and some unicode letters in the other files, and even inside the brackets in the names.txt file; but to be consistent and avoid errors, it is safest to only use them after the } and nowhere else.

After that, you can make a clean descr_names_lookup.txt by removing the part after the brackets in a spreadsheet and then removing the brackets. That's all the descr_names_lookup.txt really is - the bit between the brackets in names.txt without the brackets.

This is the only way I know of to be sure your names are bug free. It was what I had to do to fix TLR's files last week. Tornnight's tool was a good idea but it seems to not catch everything, since Tornnight's own mod had so many names errors.

Sorry, for the long post.
    Last edited by Averroës; December 09, 2007 at 09:42 PM.

I created a corrected version of the files needed to get proper accents for the new factions, such as East_European for the Obotrites instead of Islamic.

First, you need to do the following:

Download the M2TW 1.2 sound files from here.

Extract all of these files into your Medieval II Total War/mods/HRR/data folder or wherever your HRR mod /data is located.

Now download the two files attached at the end of this post and place them into the same location - mods/HRR/data - overwriting the old versions (which you just downloaded). First, back them up if you wish.

The first file, descr_sounds_accents.txt tells the event file which accents to use for which factions. All I did was remove normans and saxons and egypt, which aren't used in this mod. Then I added austria, bavaria, burgundy, sachsen, swabia, u_lorraine, l_lorraine to the list for German accents and obotrites, sweden, bohemia to the list for East_European accents. If you prefer to have them elsewhere, such as French accents for Lorraine or German accents for Bohemia, etc. then just move them around as you like. You may need to remove the "Read only" attribute.

The second file removes all mention of egypt from the pre-battle sounds text. For some reason it causes the game to crash when rebuilding the events files if you don't do this. I just went through and removed the sections which begin with "relationship Hates egypt" and "relationship Neutral egypt" all the way through the file.

That's it. Now go to mod/HRR/data/sounds and BACKUP the events.dat and events.idx files. I just rename them, adding OLD_ to the beginning of each. Or you can "cut" them and paste them into some other location. Either way, you want to remove both files.

Now start HRR. The game will build new events.dat and events.idx files and your factions should now have accents.

Wow... Thanks & +rep!

The names stuff is strange indeed - I added all names by a spreadsheet system of my own, and I'm quite sure there are no errors. But now Fuzz posted a name error concerning a scotish cardinal - I didn't even change scotish names! Either this is a vanilla bug, or Sb2ean changed some names without telling. Bad news too that that the name verifier seems not to work, though I only had problems with it when I saved the .txt files in the wrong code.

Your sound files work indeed - it seems my fault was that I didn't remove factions that don't exist anymore.

A warning for users of none-english versions: These files won't work properly for you of course, because not all accents are included in all versions (my version has no scotish & eastern european accent for example).

Visit my homepage.