Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Bug Reports: PLEASE READ POST #1!

Default Das Heilige Römische Reich- Bug Reports: PLEASE READ POST #1!

If you have any bugs please report them here.

If its a CTD then give:
    1) The year it happened
    2) The faction you were playing as
    3) What was occuring in the game (e.g. Besieging a city or ending turn)

Hopefully we can fix as many bugs as possible!

PLEASE REMEMBER:

If the game:

1. doesn't properly load,
    2. throws you out on factions selection or
    3. for other reasons is not letting you into the campaign,

1. install 0.8 again. If that does not solve the problem, you might have a corrupted (i.e. incomplete) download, so
    2. you need to download 0.8 a second time.

and make always sure your install of 0.7 is running properly before installing 0.8.

OTHER PROBLEMS:

1. My system does not recognise the 0.7.exe:

If 0.7 is not shown as 0.7.exe (or ie like this ), try to rename it (add .exe to the file name).

If it simply won't start even after that, may be you got a corrupted download, so download it again.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; October 11, 2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Title change

Default Re: The Empire: Total War- Bug Reports

I noticed a bug today: If you are fighting a siege battle vs a faction leader subject to the imperial ban and you kill him, you get banned yourself after you have taken the settlement.

That's because the ban was lifted upon the leaders death so you get banned because you have captured a settlement of a none-banned HRE member.

And another one: If you sell a settlement to another HRE member or give it as a gift, the receiving faction gets banned because it 'captured' a settlement.
    This bugs have been fixed with Bugfix 0.51
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; November 11, 2007 at 02:28 PM.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Default Help

I installed version 5.0 and whenever I click on the shortcut the black screen pops up for half a second then disappears. What can I do to fix this?

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Bug Reports

That happens when the mod is not installed properly. Try it again and tell us in detail how you installed it.

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

i am playing schwaben. swabia? forgot what its in english. once i upgrade my castles to..hm i thing fortresses or one lvl lower i cant produce heavy infantry anymore..the foot knights and i think also the swabian swordmen are gone.
    missing entry export descr buildings or s th i guess. sorry i have never modded since rtw and even there i didnt make it past the noob status.

although this is not a mod specific bug i thought i mention it:
    the pikemen are just not working riight - they are almost useless. can they be fixed? cant they be changed so that they hold formation and are only vulnerable at flangs and back? in stainless steel i noticed that the helberd militia and pikemen dont work at all either but the burgherr pikeniere (came with kingdoms i think) work much better. donno if thats a useful hint how to fix pikemen
    Last edited by Ahlerich; November 16, 2007 at 11:26 AM.

Hey Ahlerich!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll check that swabian swordsmen issue immediately and report back.

EDIT: The entries are not missing in export_descr_buildings, but maybe there is a bug in them.
    EDIT2: Yeah, some of the entries were messed up.

--> Download the fix here <--

Copy the file to your MedievalII\mods\HRR\data folder and overwrite.

Concerning the pikemen: There have been some attempts to fix them but none are perfect. The hint with the burgher pikemen is valuable indeed, I will look at them if they solve the pike problem. Thank you!
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; November 17, 2007 at 07:45 AM.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Default Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by Black Prince IV View Post
    I installed version 5.0 and whenever I click on the shortcut the black screen pops up for half a second then disappears. What can I do to fix this?
    I have the same problem. I can run Med 2 fine. I deleted all HRR files, then redownloaded the mod, and reinstalled. It's in the mod folder in the right directory, and the installation is pretty straight forward so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Muzz1497's Avatar Libertus

I'm not sure this is a bug or not but 0.5 is the first version I played and by the way, I've enjoyed playing this mod so far, but when its time to vote for the emperor of HRE it just takes a vote, is there a place to pick who you vote for?

I have the same problem. I can run Med 2 fine. I deleted all HRR files, then redownloaded the mod, and reinstalled. It's in the mod folder in the right directory, and the installation is pretty straight forward so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Can you give me the exact process by which you installed the mod in order? I am sure I can help you.

No worries, I got it sorted. Oddly enough it was fixed after I installed Kingdoms to play the Crusader and Teutonic campaigns...though now I'm afraid to uninstall them as I want to be able to play this!

I noticed that the Obotrites have a Islamic voice...kept on telling me something about a Sultan.

Also there may be an unnamed priest out there, I got one of those announcements that some priest died and I though I only saw 'the Righteous' or something similar, but his name was blank. Sadly I exited it out of habit before I could take a second look. I don't know which faction...sorry I can't be of more help there.

I will keep on playing and keep on looking for bugs! But it's extremely stable, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz1497 View Post
    I'm not sure this is a bug or not but 0.5 is the first version I played and by the way, I've enjoyed playing this mod so far, but when its time to vote for the emperor of HRE it just takes a vote, is there a place to pick who you vote for?
    You may only vote in elections if your faction leader is elector count and not subject to the imperial ban. If you are allowed to vote, a message titled 'Vote!' and the advisor interface pop up, telling you what to do. Thanks for the feedback!

I noticed that the Obotrites have a Islamic voice...kept on telling me something about a Sultan.

Also there may be an unnamed priest out there, I got one of those announcements that some priest died and I though I only saw 'the Righteous' or something similar, but his name was blank. Sadly I exited it out of habit before I could take a second look. I don't know which faction...sorry I can't be of more help there.

I will keep on playing and keep on looking for bugs! But it's extremely stable, I love it!
    Hey brother! The problem with the obotrite voice is that I have a none english version and can't regenerate the soundfiles - that's why they have islamic voices. We'll need a friendly person to do that for us...

Concerning the priest's name: The name verifier returned no error massage, but there may be missing names none the less. If you get more infos on that, please tell us. And thank you too for the positive feedback!

@all:

I installed version 5.0 and whenever I click on the shortcut the black screen pops up for half a second then disappears.
    This may have two reasons:
    1) wrong installation path
    2) Kingdoms not installed - repeat: HRR 0.5 is for kingdoms only!

Visit my homepage.

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

[QUOTE=Dimitri_Harkov;2393092]Hey Ahlerich!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll check that swabian swordsmen issue immediately and report back.

EDIT: The entries are not missing in export_descr_buildings, but maybe there is a bug in them.
    EDIT2: Yeah, some of the entries were messed up.

[thanks for the great & fast support

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    The problem with the obotrite voice is that I have a none english version and can't regenerate the soundfiles - that's why they have islamic voices. We'll need a friendly person to do that for us...

Concerning the priest's name: The name verifier returned no error massage, but there may be missing names none the less. If you get more infos on that, please tell us. And thank you too for the positive feedback!
    If you tell me what to do I will try to help with the soundfiles.

I will search for this unnamed priest too, to see if he really exists or if it was the lack of sleep getting to me!

Another thing I noticed was that when Franconia left their city the HRE logo appears. http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...ziness/sym.jpg

If you tell me what to do I will try to help with the soundfiles.
    That would be very nice indeed!

In theory, it's simple. Copy these files in the mod's data folder (but DO NOT overwrite). Then delete the 'event' files in the mod's sound folder. Then start the mod. New event files should be generated and everything should work. Remember to BACKUP the original event files, in case anything goes wrong.

Another thing I noticed was that when Franconia left their city the HRE logo appears.
    That's no bug. It was done on purpose that all HRE factions except Bohemia share the same 'Fog of War-Banner' and the same primary color. The reason behind this was that if you play a none-hre faction, the hre is easily recogniseable on the map.

Visit my homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    That would be very nice indeed!

In theory, it's simple. Copy these files in the mod's data folder (but DO NOT overwrite). Then delete the 'event' files in the mod's sound folder. Then start the mod. New event files should be generated and everything should work. Remember to BACKUP the original event files, in case anything goes wrong.

That's no bug. It was done on purpose that all HRE factions except Bohemia share the same 'Fog of War-Banner' and the same primary color. The reason behind this was that if you play a none-hre faction, the hre is easily recogniseable on the map.
    I will try to get that done within the next few days--I'm about to go out of town.

Now that you explained the flag, that's a good feature for those outside of HRE politics.

I did find a bug though a little bit ago. It was Turn 43, and the Duchy of Franconia was destroyed because their leader died (he was also the emperor). They died because I killed off all his other family members.

But after this happened, it said a new emperor had been elected, but I looked through the list in the diplomancy '?' and no one was labelled as an emperor...then every turn since the same notice pops up telling me the emperor died in and so it passed to his rival. The HRE hasn't had an emperor for around 18 turns now.

Yeah I have noticed that one before. Or something like it. Does the message tell you that 'The Empereror's house died out during elections' or just that 'The Emperor's house died out'?

I'm working on a solution already but that info would help.
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; November 18, 2007 at 11:26 AM.

Visit my homepage.

It is the 'The Empereror's house died out during elections' message. Hope that helps.

Sure! Thanks. I'm already on the right way to solve that problem and will upload a fix soon.

Meanwhile, select your faction leader on the campaign map, bring up the console and type 'give_trait this Emperor'. Your faction leader will become Emperor. While this does not solve the bug, at least it will enable you to continue your campaign.

Visit my homepage.

I was blitzing across Italy, when suddenly, I looked upon the enemy Rebel general, and guess what?

There was a general, and his bodyguards were just a bunch of horses.

He appearantly used voodoo to make the horses do his bidding. The horses killed just by standing. My forces eventually made the horses flee.

Still, I don't see why there should be rebels with Horse armies.

Another thing:

Does Italy ever stop sending large stacks at you?

So far, between myself and Milan, I have seen 10 Italian stacks constantly attack.

Plus, the attackers never actually attack, they just besiege for a while, then lift. The Italians have yet to actually attack a town.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

@Snoopy

What difficulty are you playing on?

Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast