Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: The Last Episode__General Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: The Last Episode__General Feedback

I began a few days ago my first campaign with DarthMod 1.4D, playing with France in VH/VH. The very low income with this mod forced me to adopt a very agressive and expansive behaviour, as I destroyed the Milan faction about 10 turns after they first besieged my southern towns. My field tactics rely mostly on fierce bodyguard's chivalry to break through weakened or isolated groups of infantry, backed up with lots of archers. Excommunicated, threatened by the HRE, my strategy will now rely on strong alliances with Spain factions to face central european ones.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First of all, no CTD were ever experienced while playing this mod. Which is a huge performance. Battle physics are perfect, such as it feels painful to go back to another mod. Battle AI is good, however a bit too passive when outnumbered, as the ennemy won't try to get the high ground or hide in the forests. When besieging you, the ennemy will even stop moving while climbing the walls of the settlement. Finally, regarding the campaign, the overall feeling is good, the pope being extremely annoying as usual (I hope besieging the Papal states soon).
    Last edited by Jaujon; December 03, 2010 at 07:49 AM.
    "IN NOMINE XPI VINCAS SEMPER" - Au nom du Christ tu vaincras toujours.

The only real problem I have with this mod is that factions still attack the player for seemingly no reason, alliances are still ignored by factions and the worse bit is the diplomacy which apparently favours vassalage over a normal peace when offered the former over the latter.
    The Long Road Venetian campaign against the maurauding factions of the world, tune in to read the fate of the heroric Venetians http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=353179

Quote Originally Posted by kaeim View Post
    The only real problem I have with this mod is that factions still attack the player for seemingly no reason, alliances are still ignored by factions and the worse bit is the diplomacy which apparently favours vassalage over a normal peace when offered the former over the latter.
    Same issue here; diplomacy is completely screwed up, you cannot rely on anyone. Plus other factions get tremendous income with fewer cities and huge numerous armies. I cannot figure out what kind of game mechanism is making this to happen.
    Last edited by Jaujon; December 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM.
    "IN NOMINE XPI VINCAS SEMPER" - Au nom du Christ tu vaincras toujours.

I just found a "bug" in the diplomacy in the campaign map. Playing as Egypt, the Pope had declared war on me and a crusade had begun. After fighting off the many armies of the crusading forces, I sent a diplomat to the Pope to see if we could work things out. A ceasefire was off the table (as you'd expect), except for a hefty bribe (weird, but I guess I can understand it)...

... However, I convinced the Papal States to become my vassal in exchange for map information. I'm pretty sure Egypt isn't supposed to have the Papacy as a vassal in any campaign... Don't you think?

Hey the mod is fantastic so far except this... I'm playing as England and once i finish m FIRST TURN OF THE GAME everything goes well as the other countries take their turns then comes along Sicily and bam the games freezes. By freezes I mean that i get stuck on Sicily's turn but you can move around the map and the trees move the trade ships/carts move along their routes but sicily does not end their turn i spent 10 minutes waiting for them to finish and they never do. so how am i supposed to play a campaign if this is to happen?

Hi. The mod looks very great, but i can't get it work. I think it's because I have Medieval2 on steam.
    I had the same problem with the new Alexander total overhaul mod. They wrote that i should Try this,
    "Open Steam, go to the My Games tab and find RTW Alexander. Right click on it and select properties. On the general tab click on "Set Launch Properties".
    In the space provided enter: -show_err -nm -mod:alexander\ATO

To start TTW Alexander overhaul mod, go back to your RTW Alexander steam shortcut on your desktop and run it !"
    It worked! Can I get any help here to this mod?

To get Darthmod working in steam, you need to add:

--io.file_first @DarthMod.cfg

To the launch options.

Hope that helps - I came here looking for it a few years ago too

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

i seem to have missing textures for the `grey` merc units,brown ones ok,is there a fix or is it my install,have a lot of probs installing mods with windows

srub the above,i`ve just seen a post about this and how to fix it which i wouldnt dare even try i`m afraid,anyone working on a self installing patch fix for the missing textures(he said hopefully)
    Last edited by johnswan; June 19, 2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: new info found

hey darth or anyone on his modding team I just want to query about the CAI....now i understand that its been improved, but i kinda need confirmation that the AI being so passive is part of the darth experience. I can declare war on a faction then move into their attack zone and just hang out there for many turns without them attacking at all. I get that it is better to defend a position speaking from their position im sure they wouldnt want an enemy force hanging around their land pillaging and wrecking it, so after a while surely swift measures should be taken?

Is there a CAI sub/mini-mod to add on because im not too sure how this makes sense

Playing this mod now... its brilliant, well done!

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Hi, I wasn't sure which thread to put this on for Darthmod issues, but i'm having an issue with 1.4. How do I enable Egypt, The Turks, and The Moors, in the "HARDER campaign"????? It says in the mod that this can be done somehow.

Libertus

i agree with the one post, that the ca is very non-aggressive.I attack milan and two turns later they want to make peace and i get money for the peace agreement.If i remember right just in the vanilla version i got more action.Is this normal?

After playing this for the last few weeks I've been encountering some strangeness when playing battles. The ai seems confused...

If i am defending a position the ai rarely attacks and, when they do, its in bits and pieces with lots of false starts.

Also with sieges, the ai will break through the first wall, even the second but will then stop and linger until the battle time runs out.

I really like the campaign mode in this game and many other things about the mod are brilliant but this is really frustrating... Is it common or will a reinstall fix it?

Does anyone else have problems with generals kiting your whole army in battles, and being almost invincible ?

Whenever i want to use a smart strategy in order to win against the odds, those generals ruin everything. Even when they are completely isolated and overpowered, they resist completely alone forever ! And they run around and kite my army, and it takes me ages to talk off my own cavalry from chasing them. Once, a general alone killed my heavy cavalry squad of 17 horses alone, 1v17, completely isolated.

Started to be a major pain in the arse, since it occurs in every single battle, everything goes well until enemy generals pops up and starts kiting whole army and killing whole bunch of my troops.

Autoresolve became a better solution then fighting whenever i'm outnumbered by at least 100 men because of this

Seems the mod is dead after all, I just signed up in the forums for posting some bugs I encountered but its no use, what a bummer...

yea the Pope system is ridicilous, France attacked me after I allied them buttwipes.... then while we war I'm constantly on the defensive, let them siege me and destroy them.... they constantly attack me all the time and the Pope always continues to tell me CEASE HOSTILITIES WITH FRANCE..... Im trying to be on good terms with the Pope but he's making it impossible, everytime I see an advantage to attack I can't or I will get excommunicated..... meanwhile France is just attacking me as they will without losing any favor from the Pope whatsoever

Allies betray me more often than vanilla and the financial system is completely broken. The mod for Empire was amazing but for MTW2 it's simply unplayable.

Hi, in which turn do the Mongols invade in Harder campaign? Thanks.

We can change that in the descr_strat file. But the family members take turn to grow 1 year older!! I guess all the other staff akes twice the time to complete. How can wechange that so as to fully speed up this great md???

Quote Originally Posted by PeteAce View Post
    Thanks Darth, great mod as usual. My feedback...

The campaign's 6 month per turn is way too long. I never get the chance to reach gun units before I stop playing or finish campaign. 1 or 1.5 year per turn would work much better for me.

Battle AI is great, but without speeding up the game, battles take way too long to complete due to units high armor points. Armour shops are also worthless because it only adds 1 point on each upgrade.

Overall it's harder for me to win in battles without taking high casualties.. that I like. I just hope I had more time to enjoy it.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

FYI The download link on FileFront doesn't work due to a corrupt archive/exe file and to prevent DarthMod Medieval 2 TW for being lost I've obtained permission from DARTH VADER to mirror all his modding work on The Assimilation Lab (TAL).

Just use the DARTH VADER tag when searching for his mods on TAL or click on either of these links.

Download - http://www.theassimilationlab.com/fo...gory/154-mods/

Subforum - http://www.theassimilationlab.com/fo...orum/485-mods/
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.