Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: The Last Episode__General Feedback

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: DarthMod: The Last Episode__technical/bug/installation issues

I would have repped you Argent Usher but i must spread some points around.
    PPL please rep Argent Usher for his humour!

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

Default Re: DarthMod: The Last Episode__General Feedback

Thanks Darth, great mod as usual. My feedback...

The campaign's 6 month per turn is way too long. I never get the chance to reach gun units before I stop playing or finish campaign. 1 or 1.5 year per turn would work much better for me.

Battle AI is great, but without speeding up the game, battles take way too long to complete due to units high armor points. Armour shops are also worthless because it only adds 1 point on each upgrade.

Overall it's harder for me to win in battles without taking high casualties.. that I like. I just hope I had more time to enjoy it.
    Last edited by PeteAce; September 23, 2007 at 09:11 PM.

Vassal system is good , the only problem is the price is tooooooo low

Hey Johny boy...easy with the insults!
    Indeed you said that mod is great, but don't get such a pissy atitude!
    I just laught at the pic, that's all.
    BUT DON'T make any more insults like that!!!

Have to agree with the above post.

After reading Darth's comments, I think that the only problem may be the pacing of the game. The player is able to easily outpace the rest of the nations and that throws things out of balance.

All in all, I have to say that I'm very happy with this mod and its the only one I'm playing. AI armies are fine, they keep garrisons at the border settlements, and in the Harder campaign I'm 20 turns in with Portugal and have only 4 settlements! Great fun, but I will keep turning in possible bugs/fixes as I see flaws if that doesn't bother anyone.
    Last edited by Borluc; September 24, 2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: forgot to quote

Foederatus

uk_john.. Could you please direct me to this better mod? Because it seems after hunting around for the past week i am unable to believe such a mod exists. DM is a great mod and the loading graphics suit it, only because this mod creates a whole new game and the designers deserve to promote there work in such a way. And i cannot comprehend why you are belittling these people's IQ when it seems to me that you are no smarter than the average user, after all you were feeding off there mod until you found a "better" one.

Peace.

I have invisible spearmen!

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by caspian View Post
    I have invisible spearmen!

What unit? what faction? this must be a mistake on EDU file

They're mercenaries. Spear Mercenaries recruited in Wallachia.

I've tried other Darthmod Mercenaries and they also don't appear in the battlefield. Any ideas how to fix this? Should I re-install everything?

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

No.. just search them into the EDU, there should be an error in the entries.. faction ownership or bad names so the game can't find the graphics

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Anyone has noticed bad pathfinding during sieges?

AI units trying to get over one tower/ladder and getting stucked?

Playing hotseat with some buddys, we've noticed a couple of issues.

Balance/opinion crap:
    Upkeep should be increased, it's far to easy to blitz and maintain huge armys
    Unrest should be more of a factor, tieing down more troops in occupation
    90% of the battles are seige... is there any way to cause more open field fights?

Serious Issues:
    People will become your vassel for 1 country. Egypt, the most powerful country, with an army twice the size of mine, and an empire more then that, would become my vassel in exchange for cordoba.

???

Generals still on occasion sucide charge. I hate that.

The AI is RETARDED during seige battles

Infantry units clump up without any collision detection on siege towers.

Foederatus

I have noticed some pretty werid stuff during an AI seige, last night i was playing as Denmark and was defending against a scottish attack on London. And the Ai built 2 towers 2 ladders 3 rams but made a congo line on the edge of there deployment area and decied to try and attack the side gate instead of the one that was directly infront of there deployment area. The AI droped 2 rams and moved one to the side gate while there towers and ladders tried to move into position next to it. There towers were destryoed by my archers who just continuesly shot at the them as they slowly walked passed my walls to try and get near the gate. There ladders managed to hit the wall but there men routed as soon as the got up becuse they lost so many men on the march to the position.

I guess my point is, is this a bug or a technical issue because vanilla ai made a conga line but at least they attacked frontaly and werent obliterated by archers as they marched stupidly to another position.. I will upload some screenies when i get home from work.

However, i do love DM mod the AI is usually really smart but there seigeing skills leave alot to be desired.
    Last edited by JJRimmer; October 02, 2007 at 10:14 PM.

Yes...I'm afraid this is true for sieges...
    This part always was difficult for someone who makes an AI. I read some test by someone(i don't exactly) where he made some tests with some AI out there. The tests were regarding only the siege issue. Anyway they tested Lusted's, Grand Wiz's and one more AI, and all of them had bugs. Some performed better than the another, but anyway there sure will be found more bugs if get into them seriously. Making the AI is one of the hardest and time consuming thing to do for M2.
    I don't know if Darth will fix this or not...I don't think anyone can make something about this...Try to use some Ultimate AI or Lusted's AI. If you find that they perform significantly better then please report back!
    Thanx

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Do you know if you send out a unit of Calvary to say deal with the catapaults and then bring them back quickly back into the castle before the main enemy army gets them, does the AI assume you have sallied out and then just wait for you. that's whats happening right now in my game!

Well, if you've 'dealt' with their catapults, then maybe it just has no siege left to carry out the assault?

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

DarklightA, Never enough time to get them all, so it's a delaying tactic if there are reinforcements coming in. So they still had siege weapons...! So they just waited to get slaughtered by the Castle army and reinforcements!

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

playing hre

attacking breslau held by rebels early in the game (roughly 10-15 turns)
    i get a ctd with no error after i won the battle

i tried autoresolve - same thing

so i thought so many ppl acually play and support the darthmod..how come nobody has the same problem then me then?!? it for sure is a general problem. i am using the magdeburg fix but that shouldnt affect breslau...
    weird
    Last edited by Ahlerich; October 12, 2007 at 10:50 AM.

One thing that hasnīt been mentioned yet, I think the movement rates for crusades (and Jihads?) are way too large. Playing Hungary I can reach almost every settlement on the map within one turn.
    I also agree that the price for vassals could be higher, definitely unrest should have stronger effects. I can have all of my settlements on Very High taxes, and, as a rule, theyīre still at way over 100% happiness, even with minimal garrisons and without governors.
    By the way, currently I play at Medium campaign dificulty, since I donīt know whether or not relations on VH automatically deteriorate in DM like in vanilla.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities