Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - Suggestions

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Recomendations

@elite ferret: Nice you like it!

@Beavis: you could post them here or in the 'HRR 0.6 discussion'-thread.

Cheers, D.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

something i also brought up in the disscusion thread (perhaps not he best place):

The attacks of rebel armies on conquered cities like pisa or genua are a little bit too predictible. Perhaps it would be better to give these cities a huge amount of unrest. Would eg make it necessary for the player to come to italy more than once (Barbarossa did it many, many times) to remain in controll. I think this would be more realistic and less annyoing than beating back rebel stackes 3 to 4 rounds. You could also add brigands to have some additional rebel armies.

I am currently rewriting the relevant scripts.

The rebellions will be more in line with actual events.
    Unrest doesn't really work, as even the hugest amount is not enough for the towns to rebel (because the HRE factions are small and the capitals in close proximity).

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Will the rebellions involve uprising cities, or just spawned stacks?

Currently, it's a combination of increased unrest and spawned armies.
    Unfortunatly, the unrest seldom leads to revolts.

Visit my homepage.

yeah I noticed in this mod everywhere has really high happiness, I can always have Very High taxes and a green face.

yeah I noticed in this mod everywhere has really high happiness, I can always have Very High taxes and a green face.
    In most mods you can have really high tax rates and a green face.

First of all, thank you for such a fantastic mod. Being 3/8 Deutsch, I naturally apreciate any good mods concerning mein homeland. However, as soon as I started to play (2 hours ago) I quickly realized a few changes that can improve the game.

1. I immediately noticed how weak the faction that is between Denmark and Saxony is. Playing as the Duchy of Franconia, (on Very Hard difficulty, no cheats, no advice) I was able to take Brandenburg and Stettin within a few turns. By the point I reached the factions final city, (sorry, I forgot the factions name because I exterminated it so quickly.) Denmark had already besieged it, taking advantage of the weakness I had caused. Even if the Danes had not attacked, my army was still much stronger than the faction's puny garrison. So, you could make the faction start out stronger, or with improved AI, so it is not so easy to beat early on in the game.

2. I was quickly angered by how little help Saxony gave. No matter what I tried, I could not convince Saxony to attack the faction. I even offered all of my gold, half of my regions, and map information just to get them to attack. Even though Denmark's army, which was 2-3 times the size and strength of the all of the faction's units combined, even though the faction had lost 2/3 of its land, and even though I was prepared to attack the city in the unlikely event that Denmark would fail, the proposition still came out as "Balanced" and Saxony rejected my offer. It was a shame, as I held the Emperor and relations were perfect. So, In your next version, you should change the scripting so Holy Roman states/kingdoms are more willing to help there allies fight non-HRE factions.

3.Since this is based off of the Kingdoms expansion, you should consider adding Norway in.

4. Wether or not you add Norway, you may wish to consider adding a chance of the creation of the Kalmar Union so the Saxony and the Duchy of Franconia don't find it so easy to takeover Denmark. I know the Kalmar Union wasn't created until around the 13 or 1400's, but it would tie in well with #s 3 and 6. I think that a powerful Kalmar Union could provide quite a challenge to the HRE. You could set it up similarly to the HRE, in which Sweden, Norway, and Denmark each operate somewhat independently yet they also vote on a king and hold trade rights, alliances, and military access. You could also script Sweden so that, like in real life, it ends up leaving the union and receiving the same penalties as a banned German state. It would be very interesting to have 2 of these great systems you've invented operating at once.

5. I'm not sure about Sweden's starting strength, though I noticed that it has only 1 region. Won't this give Denmark the oppurtunity to easily defeat Sweden? Maybe you should let it start out with 2...

6. If 1 turn equals 1 year, and there are barely more than 250 turns, than doesn't the campaign end a little to early? I know you guys don't want it going on to the discovery of the new world, but you could at least expand it by 50-100 years. (Assuming I'm correct in that it ends in the 1300's, I may just be thinking of a seperate mod. In that case, sorry.)

I hope you like these suggestions, or, even better, enact them.

Hello svensksoldat!

Thank you for playing our mod and the detailed feedback!

Let's see:

1) This has been noted already. If you have a look at the '0.6 discussion thread' we have already added a lot of things to make them stronger. Including morale boosts and garrison scripts. BTW: Never start attacking the other factions before turn 10 or even better turn 15. The AI can not cope with Blitzkrieg tactics.

2) Why should Saxony help you? They certainly don't want you to get stronger, and the weak Obotrites are no danger for the HRE. In fact they rather waited for YOU to be weakend by the war...
    This is as it should - The other HRE factions shouldn't help in conquering small enemies (just think of the Habsburg - Swiss wars: No-one ever helped the Duke of Austria, even though he was emperor).
    But I have to admit that the AI assistance works NOT as intended if the HRE is under attack by a strong enemy (france in most cases). The duchies just don't help each other as they should. I hope to improve this.

3) - 5) Our faction slots are already filled. Furthermore (don't beat us!) we will be removing Sweden in the future, in favour of a faction that plays a bigger role in 1080. It's also very unlikely that we will include Norway. Sorry.
    But I have tried to make Denmark strong enough to fight off Saxony (e.g. they got some new provinces). They should be strong enough to conquer Scandinavia now (in the long run), rendering a 'Kalmar Union' like event useless.

6) The game ends in 1520, as in vanilla. But we concentrate on the time from 1080-1300. Just try and play a campaign until 1300 and tell me how long it took. I don't think it's too short, but if it is, we could consider two turns per year (I never reached 1300 by the way).

Thanks again for your feedback! I hope you are not too disappointed...

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.

Oh well...

Its a great mod nonetheless. Of course, you may wish to start a Scandinavia-based mod if you guys ever bring the updating of this mod to a close. Though, it would be best to start it after 1100, so people don't clame it as a copy of the Wrath of the Norsemen mod that's being worked on. Just an idea.

Another thing you might want to do is update the descriptions of some of the factions on the faction select screen. For instance, if you were to keep Sweden, you may wish to alter the description since it almost a replica of Denmark's. And with some of the other factions near the HRR, you may wish to edit their summaries to be centered a little more on the HRR.

Also, I've been having trouble playing historical and custom battles. It could just be a problem of my computer, but I'm pretty sure it is only because your mod didn't update these to be compatible with the HRR factions. So, in a later version, you may wish to focus some attention on the non-campaign battles.

Updating the descriptions is a good idea. Maybe Icefrisco could check them if he has time.

Concerning custom battles: Here is a quote from our mods's description/readme:

- Custom battles are disabled. The game will crash if you try. If you want to enable them, copy the Battle & Custom folders from the data folder to \mods\HRR\data\world\maps\. This game mode is not supported nor will be. If you want to join our team as a member responsible for custom battles, contact us via our forum.
    Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.

I might not be able to check it out since I am busy with schoolwork and other stuff for this mod. Maybe over Easter which is only a week away.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

ok, i just feel the urge to throw my opinion at something,
    so here we go:

did you ever think of reflecting the situation (in an upcoming version of the hrr) in 1080 by eg:
    1. strip heinrich of the imperial crown (he was crowned by an antipope in1083)
    2. get him excommunicated (as it happend in march 1080) by script as an historical event or whatever
    3. alter the relations between the factions (as they were surely not perfect), perhaps even with a counterking from the start as rudolf died in oktober 1080. not a major point though, personally i like the idea of friedrich von staufen as duke in the beginning.
    4. very minor, just a glitch in the familiy tree: heinrich was 30 in 1080, his wife named bertha (31). As both konrad and agnes were still at minor age, i would just make them as young as possible to "function".
    And this could be 5: it would be a nice touch to rename the random named cardinal of franconia in wibert of ravenna, the later antipope clemens III.

so far the unconstructive, now for the constructive:
    as you may have noticed, im a bit in realism, so i did some hre research for PDER, concerning dynasties/nobles for the hre and neighboring rebel regions, including Italy. If this could be helpful, i would bring in my research in hrr, as it seems you did mainly the research for the core duchies up to now.

Thanks you very much!

Indeed we want a as historical as possible reflection of 1080, so 1)-5) will be considered a/o built in.
    BUT: Before I can think of a detailed simulation of 1080, I need to get all the added new features up and running. So, while minor changes like age, names etc can be added really quick, it might well be that major things like the civil war in the hre might not be in v0.6 but will have to wait for a later version.

As for your research on the HRE: You are very welcome! Please open a new thread and tell us everything you want!

Thanks in advance
    &
    Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.

just a query, can you make it so that it is easier to improve your reputation?
    no matter how many wars i try to avoid, how many crusades i go on or alliances i make, my reputation is always "Very untrustworthy"
    If you can give any tips on avoiding a bad rep, please tell me

thanks

I'll check that - thanks for pointing it out!

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

I downloaded version 0.5 a while ago and found your mod to be very well done. Im pretty sure you dont need any researchers or anything, and ive never posted on this forum before now. but i would like to leave you a website that has a ridiculous amount of information concerning the area and era presented in your mod. You can literally spend hours upon hours reading through all the information on this site. It has kings\emperors\popes from 300ad to present, buildings constructed, major wars, minor wars, weapons involved, people involved, maor architecture started and when it was finished, if finished, materials used...etc....etc... Huge amount of information...

Anyway, thought you may fnd it interesting and rather useful... kudos.

http://www.friesian.com/francia.htm

oh, and the page im sending you to there is just 1 of many... bon apetit!
    ...longbows, in skilled hands, could reach further than trebuchets...

Iwant to copy my campaign from one computer to another, im using a flash drive, can someone please tell me where the HRR saves are located?

@Tsaries: Wow, that site really holds a LOT of info... Thanks a lot +rep!

@The Last Hope: they are located in MedievalII(or wherever you installed your game of M2TW)\mods\hrr\saves

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.