Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - Suggestions

stainer's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Recomendations

Well that this is a game is out of the question.
    But to me it's a lot more too.
    I admit, i've never enjoyed history so much till when i starded play games about that.

these are simulations as well and those games we play now are somewhat "primitive" they could improve furhter on and i belive this is now "the frontier".

Concerning about two handed swords, i've been for a little time a historycal reenactor and (for fun) i've played both two hand and one hand sword vs an adversary, and it seem to me that the one with the two hand weapon haved more chances of hitting the target. (but even more to be hit).
    Also if the two adversary swords get in contact there is always the chance that one sword gets broke, and it actually had happen, which one? the bigger or the smaller?

I would like to know why to be 100% historical we can't have any two hander units?

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Well, all I can say, is if there are no two handed swords that will not make it a mod that is bad, and if it does have 2 handed swords it will make it a great mod! most of the things being mentioned are so small as to be of interested to a couple of gamers only. It's the big things that will make this a great mod, not the small things.

It's the big things that will make this a great mod, not the small things.
    Exactly. Speciality mods are made to focus on the small things, this is a full modification of the game and therefore focuses on improving the game in general.

Good!

so lets have our two handers a little bit improved...
    Please... hehe

I mean i love the two handers but i cant enjoy them if they are bad
    "Proud to be a nationalist"
    "Bound to see the elimation of the Illuminati from this world"

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

A few points:

it would be better if the faction leader becomes not emperor, but king (historically: rex romanorum) after election. he could gain the trait emperor when visiting rome, because there were german kings who never became emperor (eg. Conrad III). Would make a further challenge to the player.

btw is it possible to make the faction leader loose the title duke, and give it to the heir (as many kings made their relatives dukes after becoming king)?

just a few thoughts. Like the idea of the mod very much. The HRE is one of my main points of critique in the vanilla game.

@HannibalExMachina

Welcome to the HRR(Heiliges Romische Reich) forums! I hope you like the mod.

it would be better if the faction leader becomes not emperor, but king (historically: rex romanorum) after election. he could gain the trait emperor when visiting rome, because there were german kings who never became emperor (eg. Conrad III). Would make a further challenge to the player.
    The mod already has something like this.

btw is it possible to make the faction leader loose the title duke, and give it to the heir (as many kings made their relatives dukes after becoming king)?
    Hmmm....I dont know if it is possible but Dimitri would.

just a few thoughts. Like the idea of the mod very much. The HRE is one of my main points of critique in the vanilla game.
    Thank you for your kind words and suggestions! If you have any more suggestions please tell us.

Hello HannibalExMachina!

I know that there were quite some kings of the HRE that never became emperor, but when I started the mod there was no distinction between them. Meanwhile I added the coronation in Rome, but (stupid me) I forgot to change the title to King in the traits section. The event has been changed to call the newly elected king 'rex romanorum' already. I will change that for 0.6.

The thing with the heirs and the title of duke can't be done, as the titles can't be changed in-game. But I have something similar in mind: Konrad, the son of Heinrich, was Duke of Lower Lorraine in 1080. I will therefor create an ancillary that every heir of the current king is duke of Lower Lorraine too (In the same way as the Emperor is always king of Burgundy too).

Thanks for the feedback,
    Cheers, D.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

I registered on this forums now, so I can say something about this mod.
    Well. I downloaded it for one main reason: to lead my country - Franconia - to WORLD DOMINATION
    But I saw, first of all, that the only way to expand my empire in the beginning, is to start crushing Poland, the Obotrites, or Bavaria straight away. I decided to attack Poland, and saw the first thing I want to actually recommend:

As I declared war on the Poles, none of the other duchys even responded. Why don't you try and implement the system that they had in RTW for those situation: If any Roman faction declared war on another faction, the others followed immediately. It would be quite a bit more realistic, or at least more interesting, if at least your direct neighbours follow you into war, me thinks. It needn't be like "Turn 3 - Franconia declares war on Poland -- Turn 4 The complete Reich crushes Poland", but at least a LITTLE reaction to an attack would be nice.

Also, I'd like to be able to see which duchies have Elector Counts, and who can be elected in case the Kaiser dies...

And, of course, couldn't you re-skin the units in the UI for all German factions? I mean, that's not extremely necessary, as it's still a beta, but it would be nice. As well as being able to see the other duchies from the start.

Apart from these little issues, your mod is absolutely FANTASTIC
    I had version 0.4 before, it didn't work (I had the wrong version of M2TW), and after getting Kingdoms a few days ago, I wanted desperately top have that mod... I am not at all dissatisfied or anything. 'twas the right decision to get it... but sadly, the German translation won't download
    Never mind that tho, I can play in English too...
    Enough blah-blah for now...
    Again, your mod is BRILLIANT

EDIT
    And please get rid of them pirates! I don't think it's realistic, that my navy comes to the coast, and is suddenly surrounded by 5 -yes FIVE - pirate fleets! And I remember seeing them hanging around near Danzig for six or seven turns....
    My poor count now is on his own in Scandinavia... Maybe that's a reminder not to mess up too much with history... my Franconians recently conquered Kalmar...
    Last edited by Graf zu Adler; December 30, 2007 at 10:21 AM.

As I declared war on the Poles, none of the other duchys even responded. Why don't you try and implement the system that they had in RTW for those situation:
    It is historically accurate that not every duchy would declare war at once. When Henry IV attacked the Papal States not every duchy supported him, when Henry the Lion attacked the Obotrites not every duchy supported him, ect.

Also, I'd like to be able to see which duchies have Elector Counts, and who can be elected in case the Kaiser dies...
    Dimitri_Harkov would have to comment about that(he is the scripter).

And, of course, couldn't you re-skin the units in the UI for all German factions? I mean, that's not extremely necessary, as it's still a beta, but it would be nice. As well as being able to see the other duchies from the start.
    All the German factions will be diversified within a few months(my rough estimate). As you said this is still a beta.

Apart from these little issues, your mod is absolutely FANTASTIC
    Thank you!

And please get rid of them pirates! I don't think it's realistic, that my navy comes to the coast, and is suddenly surrounded by 5 -yes FIVE - pirate fleets! And I remember seeing them hanging around near Danzig for six or seven turns....
    I never had such a problem with pirates but if more people report your problems we will change it.

Thank you for your recomendations and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post

I never had such a problem with pirates but if more people report your problems we will change it.
    I always have problems with pirates. Once I used a mod that made me able to play the Aztecs and use a fleet to invade Europe - 2 of my 3 full stack armies aboard the fleets were rushed by pirates, the last one just landed in Ireland when the pirates crushed that fleet as well. Or in a vanilla game with Venice - I wanted to get my crusading army to Jerusalem by ship - it's much faster that way - as soon as my fleet reached the Mediterranean - BANG - pirates came and crushed it. If that happens once or twice, okay. But always? It really gets frustrating... Little question? What happens iv I set "pirate_spawn_value" in descr_strat.txt to 0? I tried it once but it didn't do anything....

And another recommendation: Make it possible that you see every HRE-faction - always. At least if you play as the Kaiser's faction.

I always have problems with pirates. Once I used a mod that made me able to play the Aztecs and use a fleet to invade Europe - 2 of my 3 full stack armies aboard the fleets were rushed by pirates, the last one just landed in Ireland when the pirates crushed that fleet as well. Or in a vanilla game with Venice - I wanted to get my crusading army to Jerusalem by ship - it's much faster that way - as soon as my fleet reached the Mediterranean - BANG - pirates came and crushed it. If that happens once or twice, okay.
    That sucks. I guess we could change that.

And another recommendation: Make it possible that you see every HRE-faction - always. At least if you play as the Kaiser's faction.
    That is a good idea but I am not sure if it is possible.

Hey Graf zu Adler!

It IS possible to see who is Elector Count, Banned, etc... as mentioned here (and on Total War Zone too) just click the question mark in the top right corner of the diplomacy overview screen to get infos on such things.

Always seeing the other duchies is not possible (afaik). But I could increase their chance to trade map infos more often.

It would be highly unrealistic if all of the hre declared war on one enemy just because it was attacked by one duchy. I will try to increase the chance that others will help, however.

We are also currently working on re-skinned UI unit cards ATM.

Thank you for the feedback!

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

AFAIK, the Campaign description of Milan says, that they want to leave the HRE. However, after a few turns I have Excellent relationships to Milan again. Cant you script that Milan declares war on one of the duchys after a while? Would be more fitting I guess. Or at least the should be unhappy with the Empire for longer.

I was playing with the byzantine empire when something strange happened, in one turn three factoins were destroyed, spain, upper lorraine and burgundy, i typed in a map cheat and saw that scotland had conquered half of europe, i started a new campaign with swededn and the same thing happened, im guessing that which ever faction controls the whole of britain becomes a super power in a way, cause no other faction sends a fleet to land in Britain, due you think it is possible to make france,(and with the absence of Norway) and denmark use fleets more often and england and scotland?

Funny - I never saw that happen in hundreds and hundreds of test turns. What difficulty settings do you use? The campaign was designed and tested for VH/H settings.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

Well, I'm on medium usually.... Used to be a Easy-Settings-Cheater, but the AI was far too inactive then.
    As I started a Britannia-Campaign with Norway yesterday, the Scots declared war on me in turn 3 - my Army was scattered around to conquer some tiny Rebel Islands... That is a bit more of an active AI...

Recommendation in this Post: why don't you make the Obotrites ore someon else - Milan, exempli gratia - do the same thing?

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Scotland can raise millions and huge armies because it gets tons of money every month in most mods. This is one of the ways mod makers make the game harder. To my view, there is no point making a game harder if it makes it illogical and therefore destroys immersion. I play as England, and Scotland is way tougher than either Ireland or France to beat. I usually go after France and Denmark to protect my Southern and Eastern borders, and only then go for Scotland who can create a stack, lose half a stack in a battle and have a full stack again next turn, for turn after turn, all with two towns! This is historically ridiculous and yet this cash thing has been given to small nations to make them harder to take over, therefore allowing mod makers to announce how they have made a mod that needs to be played at VH.

Because all mods do this cash thing, I still play with SS 5.1 despite it having it because of all the other things SS 5.1 offers.

I do have one question which has never been answered, and that is:

Why is it the General does not give the full speech prior to battle? Why are the comments about the enemy and the comments about the type of soldiers your army or the enemy army has not there, like in the vanilla game? Why in SS do we just get the initial comments only? I find the full comments very interesting and strategically useful. Is there any way to get the full General's pre-battle speech back please?!

I was playing on VH/VH
    I have also noticed something else, the Moors never go to war , unless it is a jihad against Constantinople, Portugal rarely attacks them, and spain never does, cant you make them start off at war or something?

I was playing on VH/VH
    I have also noticed something else, the Moors never go to war , unless it is a jihad against Constantinople, Portugal rarely attacks them, and spain never does, cant you make them start off at war or something?
    It is very easy to make them start off at war. If Dimitri likes the idea of historical diplomacy then it might be added into the mod.

Icon11 Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Recomendations

Hello everybody,

first off all, nice job for making this mod.

a question, is it posible that the emperor give the title of Kürfurst to other members of the HRE?
    if not, do you want it to keep it more realistic? or not?

Because you can change the titles of some members, because there where 3 devine powers and 4 world powers who voted the emperor:

- Devine Powers:

Archbishop of Mainz: Franconia
    Archbishop of Trier: upper - Lorraine
    Archbishop of Köln: lower-Lorraine

I thought you can change the names of this members to this titles, but you then have the prob of heritage.
    A way to change this is: give the emperor, pope and other worldpowers of the HRE the posibilty to vote for the strongest bisshops. Then the pope can make influence of the emperors election, he can place his men to the seat of Archbishop, but for the other way, the Archbishop is also a member of the seats of Rome who elect the pope. That way the emperor has influence to Rome . When the emperor is excommunicated the antipopes have a vote in stat of the real pope (if it's posible)

- World powers:

PfalzCount of Rhein: Swabia
    Duke of Saxony: is correct
    Count of Brandenburg: *
    King of Bohamia: is correct

* Let the lord who conquer this city give the title Kürfust, so foreingers can be it to (but they cant be emperor), or you have 2 votes has a lord and have more influence to the emperorelection(love the feodale world)

- some city names of the lower lands must be changed:

Utrecht: can be Amsterdam: more info below
    Antwerp: pff, Liège and Brussels were more important: i prefere Liège: more info below

- When you change those citynames you can apply more persons as ancillary?

count of flanders:

when you conquer artois and/or flanders you get the count as vazal:
    more management +3, more trade +3, less loyalty -5, the count was vazal of france and HRE, thats why the lords who conquer artois and/or flanders can have this ancillary (another feodale aspect)

Prince-Bishop of Liège:

who conquer liège has the prince-bishop as vazal:
    more piety +3, more commandpoints +3, less loyalty -5

Prince-Bishop of Utrecht:
    who conquer Utrecht has the prince-bishop as vazal:
    more piety +3, more management + 3, less loyalty -5

Those persons wherent very loyal, thats why i say -5, the region was the richest of europe thanks to trade and management, thats why you get lots of management and trade, liège was the armory of europe, (still is, to bad), and because the prince-bishop was also bishop more piety

King of Holland, when you conquer Amsterdam, Liège and Brugges, you get this title and want to split from HRE (when your part of it) and become King and prince, nobody can take this away from you (if this is posible)

so those where my thoughts that give you more fun

Im sorry for my bad english, not my mainlangues

Greetz