Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - Suggestions

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Recomendations

That looks like a good mini mod. I especially like the siege pics, the remind me of EB.

add a dutch faction we know the where superior to the german

wth? Nicolaswille - watch your language please!

@firekiller: I plan to evolve Lower Lorraine into a more 'dutch' faction.
    And please don't write (provoking?) comments like these (I got the humour, but others, as you've seen, have not).

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    wth? Nicolaswille - watch your language please!

@firekiller: I plan to evolve Lower Lorraine into a more 'dutch' faction.
    And please don't write (provoking?) comments like these (I got the humour, but others, as you've seen, have not).
    haha, lol dont take it so seriously
    he was saying dutch are better than the germans,
    i just responded by saying... i already forgot what i said,
    for me that was rather hilarious than insulting

why is it that when, i use caps everyone says why am i screaming or being likie that...
    "Proud to be a nationalist"
    "Bound to see the elimation of the Illuminati from this world"

by any chance have you seen that CA is making an update for Kingdoms? Do you think that your mod or the new version would be compatible with it whatever the changes?

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

It's scary how nationalism raises it's head even in gaming forums like this. Scary.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm just patiently waiting and checking the thread every now and then!

@last hope:

We will definitly make HRR compatible with the next patch. I also hope that it will provide modders with more options.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Although i can't mod myself, i think nationalism in modding is a good thing
    it encourages the modder to work hard on his home faction, which we means
    for a better mod

haha i think you take me to serious here i was just hoping for a 'more' dutch faciton and thx for the answer whit lower lorraine

stainer's Avatar Foederatus

Hi!
    I was forced to made some very minor changes to this already good mod.

Swabian swordsmen melè ability (defence factor) was rised a lot, they were taking an ebnormal casualities when facing any other, even town militias...

Italian cities rebellions were reduced (i was tired to fight up to 8\9 consecutive rebellions in the same city).
    i mean, it's not that it was wrong but also count the fact that italy at those time have a strong pro-empire faction in almost all of it's regions.

General can recruit base imperial troops at very reduced price (archers, infantry,etc) in north and south germany.
    i was not able to have those men whit both national AND imperial flags. (just like crusaders).
    it would be nice to have this function allowed only to the emperor but i'm not that good.

Here's a quotation from "MEDIEVAL ARMIES and WEAPONS IN WESTERN EUROPE" book:
    ...In case of danger, each members of the german empire - vassals,bishoprics, principalities and free cities-had to provide armed contingents in proportion to their importance.

Funny - I have the same book!

Prob 1 is: They often didn't do this.
    Prob 2 is: This can't be modded anyway.

Concerning the Sawbian Swordsmen: Have you ever tried charging an already engaged enemy unit with them? That's what they are there for in the first place, and they work quite well in that all (some sort of 'linebraker' like the Zweihänder later on.

Visit my homepage.

Where do we post stuff about 0.6? Here or in the discussion one for 0.6?
    I dont know if this is a bug but the welsh city of Caenevaron or however you spell it, cannot construct a port even though it has a coastline, is it supposed to be like this?
    And with Judaism being added, can you make it so it causes more unrest in Catholic factions than in others? After all, in medieval times (apart from world war eras germany), Europe was the last place a jew wanted to be.
    Last edited by The Last Hope; December 14, 2007 at 03:33 AM.

If you have specific ideas or comments on the upcoming version 0.6, post it in the 'HRR 0.6 discussion' thread. For more general things post here.

Perhaps it was the mapmaker's intend to allow no port in Caenevaron. If that's historically incorrect, I will change it.

You sentence reads as if jews would prefer WW2 germany over medieval Europe... But I know what you mean. Jews weren't really welcome anywhere except in the (much more tolerant and educated) islamic parts of the map.

However, I don't think it's possible to mod different unrest rates for different religions (AFAIK).

But with Icefrisco's aid I hope to simulate the major events involving jews in Europe.

Visit my homepage.

stainer's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    Concerning the Sawbian Swordsmen: Have you ever tried charging an already engaged enemy unit with them? That's what they are there for in the first place, and they work quite well in that all (some sort of 'linebraker' like the Zweihänder later on.
    I think maybe here we have a problem of "imagin".
    I belive swabyan and the other two handed swordsmen are really shock\assault troops to me.
    I think they should face any other assault inf. and beat the other non specized ones...

(please forgive me for my bad English, it's not my leanguage)

i also think what you say stainer,
    i mean as far as i know lots of soldiers and known knights loved and fighted with two handed swords.

Also people who faced this guys with this massive swords would get probably really afraid of seeing a man carry a 70 inch/1.8 meter sword.

But history tells us that this swords:
    According to post-medieval accounts, the earlier, more practical Zweihänder types were used to break up pike formations, first by smashing the pikes and then by hitting the pikemen themselves

But in M2TW we cannot implement so that the 2 handers fight better against spearmen, Once i saw a dismounted gothic knight unit fight a armored sergeant and the Gothic knights lost like 30 or more of there men, i was surprised...

Edit:
    One more thing:
    While implemented in Germany in the 14th century, it gained renown during the 16th century as the hallmark weapon of the German Landsknechts from the time of Maximilian I
    ... will we be able to have two handed swordman?
    Last edited by nicolaswille; December 15, 2007 at 06:59 PM.

The timeframe of our current mod version ends in 1300. So - no, we will not see that unit yet.

According to my sources, the Zweihänder were not used as independant linebreakers, but would wait until two pike units were locked in combat and would then start their charge. But maybe the experts are two minded when it comes to that tactic.

Visit my homepage.

To tell you the truth if we want to make this 100% historical, we shouldnt have any two hander units.

We should but they should be rare. Though not likely its possible that there were two-handers around by 1250.

causes bad lag though.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

No MTW2 can be totally historical, because as soon as you start making moves or building certain units or attacking certain towns/castles, it is not historical any more. I always feel I have to keep reminding people that this is just a game. A great game, but a game nonetheless and first and foremost any game, or mod for that matter, needs to be fun to play!