Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - Suggestions

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Recomendations

then i want your promise:

first screenshot of 0.7 shows mathilde kicking some a**!

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    @Zymran: I originally planned to include her in 0.6, but she didn't make it in in the end. She will be in 0.7 however.

Cheers!
    !!!!
    wow nice one
    how ever did you manage it? i guess i'll wait and see...

I enjoy crushing the HRE at least as much (or even more?) as playing it.
    Blasphemy! I don't think I've played as anyone outside the HRE yet.. unless you count Bohemia.

The Turks! Janissaries ftw!

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Doesn't our mod end at 1300? The Janissaries were created after that.

Indeed, the frame of 'detailed representation' ends in 1300, but the mod is still playable until 1530. The Janissaries start to appear ~1330.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Do you think that we will eventually cut the mod down to 1300 A.D, when we have more detail and features for 220 playable years? I suppose if we used the 0.5 turn scale we could do it with 440 turns...

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

0.5 turn:hmmm:?

Yes, changing to 0.5 years per turn later will be a good idea, I think. And with the current mod cut to 1300, we could start our 'late campaign' version... But that will not happen in the near future I guess.

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

you really should do a late version at some point. The HRE was just as exciting during the renaissance etc, and before that with the teutonic knights in prussia.

Yes, changing to 0.5 years per turn later will be a good idea, I think. And with the current mod cut to 1300, we could start our 'late campaign' version... But that will not happen in the near future I guess.

Cheers!

Indeed, there is still much ground to cover with the current version.

I suggest putting the jewish community conversion rate down from 5% to 2 or 3% (Christian abbey is 3%). At the moment its a bit too powreful, especially early on. Playing as the papal states, by turn 3 Rome was 13% Jewish. I had to bring in my Cardinal and priest to head off any unrest.

I also noticed a little typo for dismounted german knights. The last line says 'In some circumstances they need to fight on food.'

ps. 0.6 is a stunner - island venice was such a good idea!

these poor knights...

Thanks for telling!

In theory, judaism should never reach a higher level than 10-14%. It has been scripted to stop once it reaches that level.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.

Default 0.6 Taking away a bit of fun

Got the new 0.6, was very eager to get too it. Got rid of my old, installed the new, and was very disappointed.

Problems encountered

Despite being enabled, could not 'cheat' in hotseat. The console could not be brought up so as to advance cities or castles for factions. I do this to make some factions stronger; so the real game is entered into quicker; to try certain bizarre events (Norman sicilians re-invade England early on); or to make factions such as the Byzantines able to recruit units they should have had access to for hundreds of years (Byzantine infantry).

The better units were disabled early on, almost across the board. I know its realistic, but its also quite arbitrary (why couldn't nobility be trained in the use of the pike and the Aventuros or Noble pikeman created earlier, if the king willed it?). It keeps armies very vanilla for some time, and i didnt hang about to see for how long. With all these new units, i am of course wanting to see them. I hardly want to wait three days to get to the year they might realistically come on the scene. Main grievances, Milan unable to get crossbows quickly. It created some type of internal injury i fear. No Aventuros sent me near blind, no Venetian infantry made my teeth fall out! You guys are killing me here. ; )

So, the adjustable unique games i came to enjoy aren't available on this mod. So much seems kept until later. It is a real shame. I liked the awards, the new factions looked good, but too many limits. After i get over the sadness, its back to 0.52 for me.

Thanks for your efforts anyway.

In theory, judaism should never reach a higher level than 10-14%. It has been scripted to stop once it reaches that level.
    ahhh
    good scripting I suppose i would have found out about that if i'd stuck with my pope campaign, but I wanted to try a proper German faction...

Default Re: 0.6 Taking away a bit of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Aventuros View Post
    Got the new 0.6, was very eager to get too it. Got rid of my old, installed the new, and was very disappointed.

Problems encountered

Despite being enabled, could not 'cheat' in hotseat. The console could not be brought up so as to advance cities or castles for factions. I do this to make some factions stronger; so the real game is entered into quicker; to try certain bizarre events (Norman sicilians re-invade England early on); or to make factions such as the Byzantines able to recruit units they should have had access to for hundreds of years (Byzantine infantry).

The better units were disabled early on, almost across the board. I know its realistic, but its also quite arbitrary (why couldn't nobility be trained in the use of the pike and the Aventuros or Noble pikeman created earlier, if the king willed it?). It keeps armies very vanilla for some time, and i didnt hang about to see for how long. With all these new units, i am of course wanting to see them. I hardly want to wait three days to get to the year they might realistically come on the scene. Main grievances, Milan unable to get crossbows quickly. It created some type of internal injury i fear. No Aventuros sent me near blind, no Venetian infantry made my teeth fall out! You guys are killing me here. ; )

So, the adjustable unique games i came to enjoy aren't available on this mod. So much seems kept until later. It is a real shame. I liked the awards, the new factions looked good, but too many limits. After i get over the sadness, its back to 0.52 for me.

Thanks for your efforts anyway.
    All I can say is that is a very early release, nowhere near v1.0, what did you expect? One of of our major goals is historical accuracy, which is why there are not many pike units available in 1080. Whether the king willed it or not, there could be no plate armour wearing Noble Pikemen anyway, as the plate technology would not be around for at least more than a century. Aventuros would be massively anachronistic in 1080, considering Portugal was engaged in the Reconquista and had no need for pike-armed troops against the Moors; the Aventuros were troops of the early Pike and Shot era, not the early Middle Ages.

If you are looking for a fantasy mod, you came to the wrong place.

These new beefed-up Obotrites are brilliant Before they used to get trampled in the first few turns by Denmark and Saxony. Ive just begun a Saxon campaign, and managed to lose more than a thousand men in taking Lubeck, including 320 knights! Now that is what a battle should be like
    +rep to Dimitri and DieKugel...

In future versions, are you going to give obotrites more unique units, like obotrite axemen? they're cool

@Aventuros:

Sorry you don't like it. It's a shame, but I guess we can't please anyone. The console is disabled in hotseat to prevent cheating in 'normal' hotseat games, while you still have to check the 'dev-console enabled' box so that all scripts work properly.

@Zymran:

Sounds good! I lost many 1000s of soldiers in my pointless franconia campaign while trying to conquer them. When I finally managed to take Brandenburg I was crushed and wiped out by Poland & the Bohemian traitors... It was one of the best campaigns I ever had.
    And as far as I'm concerned, I'd give them many more new units, but I'm not our mod's modeller.

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

One feature I'd like to see in a mod: when you destroy a faction, you get control of some/all of their cash. Dunno if its possible, but yo're the super-scripter Dimitri ....

That would be a cool feauture. I'm sure it could be implemented. Upon destroying a faction, the player would get an event notice saying that they got extra loot and the mod could be scripted so that the player can actually receive loot.