Thread: Chronicles of the Lions of Asia Minor: an AAR by Paul D

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Default Chronicles of the Lions of Asia Minor: an AAR by Paul D

Chapter one: A Fine Day for Battle

Kroisos's horse grunted back as a warm gust blew. "Ahh... what a fine day for battle" he said indolently. To his men his ways seemed naive; but in actuality his skill in logic and gifted wisdom surpassed that of the wisest sages. His tactical skill was like that of no other man in Lydia; save his son and heir _____.

The Ionian hoplites shone as a formidable wall of men; their shields glistened in the sun as they calmly awaited deployment. The Lydians outnumbered the Ionians by 400; a small margin but an advantage all the same.
    The day was growing late; Kroisos uttered the soon to be famous words, "The pieces are in place. Now all that is unknown is the moves the players will choose to make. Sound the advance; I have little patience to wait another day.'"
    His men obeyed his every order, they themselves eager to spill Ionian blood. His Karian and Lydian hoplites would form the anchor of his battle line; His cavalry would be the decisive factor in this battle. His Phrygians and Mysians would hail death upon the Ionians. All that was left was for the Ionians to accept the challenge.
    The battle began with a bang. The Ionian hoplites clashed with their Lydian and Karian counterparts. Lydian Skirmishers annihilated the Akontistai, Lydian cavalry chased routers. Kroisos ordered a well timed charge; a charge that would kill the greek Strategos and prompt his men to flee.

But the battle was not over; another greek army was heading toward the flank. Kroisos's men turned to face this new threat. They positioned themselves in the woods, and awaited the slaughter...
    The Greeks found themselves ambushed as a storm of javelins soared over the flamboyant Karians.

Meanwhile, Kroisos had been hiding his cavalry on the flank, a move not well anticipated by the Ionians. They swooped around the rear and delivered a crushing blow to the Ionikoi.

The prince of Ionia, Andorkles was caught in the struggle, and he finally gave way to Lydian blades.

It had lasted but a few minutes. the Ionians had been utterly crushed,

and upon hearing the news, the people of Phokaia surrendered and were spared their lives.

Kroisos Rejoiced over his endeavour; one that was only just beginning...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Difficulty: VH/M

scale: Huge

other: I have changed the colour of most factions to better suit their icons; hopefully this won't confuse you too much.
    hope this increases activity here.
    Last edited by Paul d; September 14, 2007 at 08:55 PM.

Default Re: Chronicles of the Lions of Asia Minor: an AAR by Paul D

Very nice try trieing out for my AAR Tournament in Rome Total War: General Discusion.

I like your writing style, hope to see more soon.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

don't worry you will, but it may be slightly delated, as i am starting a play by email multiplayer campaign; with an AAR