Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What new units?

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default What new units?

What new units are added to the kingdoms edition?
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: What new units?

Quote Originally Posted by kelvintyk View Post
    What new units are added to the kingdoms edition?
    For now we've added these units to the AOR recruitment pools:

Teulu Skirmishers
    Welsh Militiamen
    Saethwyr
    Welsh Skirmishers
    Horseboys
    Ulster Swordsmen
    Ceitherne
    Ostmen
    Saighdeoir
    Gotland Footmen
    Pisan and Geonese sailors
    Syrian Militia
    Armenians of Celicia
    Kurdish Auxiliaries
    Sudovian Tribesmen
    Estonian Rebels
    Dismounted Tartar Lancers
    Baltic Archers
    Tartar Lancers
    Burgher Pikemen

Each of these units will be available to whatever faction controls a province in that AOR region. So the Scots would be able to recruit Welsh units in Wales, Irish units in Ireland, etc.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

no spanish dragoons then?
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Greek flamethrower?

german panzers?

Will there be a teutonic order faction? Or else at least add the dismounted ritterbrudder to hre.......

Go on m8. add some spanish dragoons
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

please add ghulams and dismounted ghulams in the next patch!!! im tryting to add them in my pder game but i cant, always ctd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidus Pertinax View Post
    please add ghulams and dismounted ghulams in the next patch!!! im tryting to add them in my pder game but i cant, always ctd!!!
    i finally did it

i finally did it
    Awesome! That's the best part of modding...when it WORKS!

Icon14 Re: What new units?

Good works guys. Keep it up!

i finally did it
    I searched for all morning a guide to do the same thing with all Kingdom's units, but I didn't succeed. Can you tell me how you did it? I would love to be able to recruit Knights of Jerusalem in Jerusalem and Templar spearmen, crossbowmen, etc with a chapter house.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper111k View Post
    I searched for all morning a guide to do the same thing with all Kingdom's units, but I didn't succeed. Can you tell me how you did it? I would love to be able to recruit Knights of Jerusalem in Jerusalem and Templar spearmen, crossbowmen, etc with a chapter house.
    If you're familiar with adding units by editing the battle_models.modeldb file, then it's just a matter of:

1] Copying over the Kingdoms .mesh and texture files to the PDER mod folders
    2] Adding the unit to the battle_models.modeldb file
    3] Adding the unit to the EDU
    4] Copying over the unit info cards and unit cards to the PDER mod folder
    5] Adding a unit description to the export_units.txt file in the data/text folder.

This is a good guide to familiarize yourself with the modeldb file - CLICK ME!

Cheers!

EDIT - I wasn't gonna add any of the Crusades campaign units because I'm pushing the 500 unit limit - but I suppose I could replace the Outremer Knights and Sergeants with some Crusades Campaign counterparts! Thanks for reminding me!

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    If you're familiar with adding units by editing the battle_models.modeldb file, then it's just a matter of:

1] Copying over the Kingdoms .mesh and texture files to the PDER mod folders
    2] Adding the unit to the battle_models.modeldb file
    3] Adding the unit to the EDU
    4] Copying over the unit info cards and unit cards to the PDER mod folder
    5] Adding a unit description to the export_units.txt file in the data/text folder.

This is a good guide to familiarize yourself with the modeldb file - CLICK ME!

Cheers!

EDIT - I wasn't gonna add any of the Crusades campaign units because I'm pushing the 500 unit limit - but I suppose I could replace the Outremer Knights and Sergeants with some Crusades Campaign counterparts! Thanks for reminding me!
    Thank a lot for explaining this to me
    Actually, I'm not familiar at all with the modeldb file, or modding in fact, so I apreciate a lot the link you provided
    I'll try my luck and will attempt to add some units without creating too much CTDs

About remplacing your Outremer units, please don't
    They're very well done, are quite versatile, and are relevant to the whole Outremer kingdom. Of course, I'm not agaisnt adding any Kingdom Crusade units, but some of them do quite poorly IMO, unlike your great Outremer knights

If you want to clear some space for some news units, I would suggest removing some spear units. Some are quite redundants, or never seen (ie: Estonians rebels). Also, you could remove all Town militia. I never build them, as Spear militia's recruitment cost is nearly the same, and they have the same upkeep. As an added bonus, without them, the AI would be a little harder to beat without those cheap cavalry road block

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper111k View Post
    Thank a lot for explaining this to me
    Actually, I'm not familiar at all with the modeldb file, or modding in fact, so I apreciate a lot the link you provided
    I'll try my luck and will attempt to add some units without creating too much CTDs

About remplacing your Outremer units, please don't
    They're very well done, are quite versatile, and are relevant to the whole Outremer kingdom. Of course, I'm not agaisnt adding any Kingdom Crusade units, but some of them do quite poorly IMO, unlike your great Outremer knights

If you want to clear some space for some news units, I would suggest removing some spear units. Some are quite redundants, or never seen (ie: Estonians rebels). Also, you could remove all Town militia. I never build them, as Spear militia's recruitment cost is nearly the same, and they have the same upkeep. As an added bonus, without them, the AI would be a little harder to beat without those cheap cavalry road block
    Changes to the Outremer Knights would be purely visual I would imagine. Although, I do intend to take a closer look at unit balancing a little. And yeah, I'll probably be removing some units from the recruitment pools...just now sure which ones yet...:hmmm:

Socal, I wouldn't mind seeing Dragoons for Spain, France and England. Also Musketeers for France and England, especially Pikemen for England.
    I know you said you were running low on slots for units, but my thought is that if these are already there, excluding Dragoons, that they wouldn't require anymore slots but a re-skin to suit the designated Factions.

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Socal, I wouldn't mind seeing Dragoons for Spain, France and England. Also Musketeers for France and England, especially Pikemen for England.
    I know you said you were running low on slots for units, but my thought is that if these are already there, excluding Dragoons, that they wouldn't require anymore slots but a re-skin to suit the designated Factions.
    Yeah, this wouldn't require a new unit slot - most likely not even a new texture. I'll look into this.

Well that just made my day, and I thankyou sincerely

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    excuse me stompa,
    but weren't dragoons annd musketeers more common in the late 16-17th century? isnt that a bit off the timeframe of pder? :hmmm:
    also -as i know- a dragoon is a soldier who uses a horse only to increase its mobility, not to fight in battle. but its not possible to unmount riders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast