Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: The Darth Ages Feedback Thread

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The Darth Ages (Version 0.55 available)

I can see banners normally. Tnaks for new download!
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

yo naimad lets see some pics yo
    SOME SAY THIS IS MADNESS!! MADNESS?... THIS IS DARTH MOOOOOODDDD!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

I'm playing a Turkish campaign to test the latest changes. (i still have to add your file Iscariott)

Game is going well few alliances Me-Kiev (to test how bad my relations go with other muslim factions) Poland-Magyar and Milan-Venice

I called a Jihad to take a rebel settlement, no other joined in 5 turns.

A few turns later The Pope Call a jihad against Jerusalem and 8 catholic factions joined it.. (Portugal signed a cease fire just after that.., maybe they are having troubles with moors..)

I have no gold to develop my cities or build armies, but i'm seeing 4 byzantine half stacks moving arround my borders.. they came to me with a proposal trade rights in exchange of 500 gold (7 turns).. i refused it so i'm raising armies to be ready for a war..

Next turn a Magyar Crusade army crossed my borders in its way to Jerusalem.. and now its time to see how good is working the FS file.. i'm going to crush them to make all other muslim factions more likely to acept my proposals..

Here is the battle about 4200 Crusaders (mainly mercenaries) vs 2200 Turkish troops..

Click to view content: 

Things are going bad as the enemy charged into my lines to avoid my arcering fire.. (only 2 voileys)
    Click to view content: 

Click to view content: 

Campaign map after the battle lots of Byzantine troops moving at the borders..
    Click to view content: 
    Last edited by Thorn; November 25, 2007 at 01:23 PM.

HRE, H/VH difficulty. 1100ad

I noticed something strange with the FS. I took a rebel city, and my standings with the pope and a few others dropped, and my standings with england rose(england was bordering the settlement i took).

I'd have more to report...but I lost. Allied with denmark, they went to war with poland, I helped, poland was beating on my capital over and over when france came moving in from the east and it was over.

Milan and venice were already getting the clue that "the big guy up north with the zwiehanders" was out of troops. So I had to end it.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Yep.. i noticed that too.. i have added a new conditon to avoid that.., i will upload it tomorrow... unless i dont see anything wrong before i go bed..

You mean you lost the campaign..?

BTW fighting another crusade army against Syria (Poland allies of Magyar are sending troops), my new ally..

England has signed a cease fire with Syria.. and there is a Hre Crusade army somewhere near or into my borders.. i lost it coming from Constantinople..

Venice is at war with Sicily and Milan Allied France... ah.. and another jihad was called to take a rebel settlement (Fatimids)

Click to view content: 

I was able to break the lines of the crusaders..
    Click to view content: 

But they did not fleed.. they regrouped for a last stand..
    Click to view content: 

After a little skirmish the Polands realized that they cannot win and retreated before my army could regroup..
    Click to view content: 
    Last edited by Thorn; November 25, 2007 at 02:43 PM.

Yep. Lost the campaign. The danes seemed to be expanding towards poland, and got into a war with them. I figured we together would smash them, but the army I sent broke and was wiped out. The poles then smashed denmarks holding east of me, leaving my capital open, as well as my much less defended other city. France showing up with a major army on my western front made it impossible to win as my finances werent quite good enough with all those castles.

If i had more diplomats I probably could have gotten myself out of trouble, but my only one nearby was near france, and since i was allied with england too they werent listening lol.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

End of campaign testing at 1092.. you could see at the map tha AI was active taking rebel settlements.. and battling each other..

Poland has just declared war over byzantium.. i was fearing a suden defeat as they have 4 full stacks at 1 day of my capital..

You can aslo see the crusaders armies attaking Jerusalem from diferent spots and Syria Trying to fight them before they reach the city.. (one of the armies comes from the Papal States)

Click to view content: 

New Update available.., Version 0.6 is near.. i have made lots of changes this weekend and soon i will upload the whole game again..
    Last edited by Thorn; November 25, 2007 at 03:14 PM.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Naimad, the FS file is not working correctly. Any wars between any faction are affecting the papal standings,causing mass excomminication. So anyone who downloads it, do not use that file..all others should be good!!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Sinan's Avatar Senator

This looks great. Do you have any approximate time for release ?
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

It is currently in Beta, and Naimad would be able to tell you first hand. There is some really neet stuff we are working on. It currently works fine, if you want to take it for a test drive
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Sinan's Avatar Senator

I would love to ! I won't be able to do it today but during the week I could give it a try. BTW do units rout in this mod ? That's something I really liked in M2, the ability to make units rout.
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Naimad, the FS file is not working correctly. Any wars between any faction are affecting the papal standings,causing mass excomminication. So anyone who downloads it, do not use that file..all others should be good!!
    Allying with anyone also causes massive standings drops with everyone friendly to them. Including the people you allied with.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

uhm... why am i not having those experiences..?

AS turks I allied Kiev and only lost about 0.15 FS with my religion mates.. I aslo allied wih Syria and no problem.. i even had to fight their enemies to get a chance of alliance..

Sicily is at war with venice with no excomunication..

what factions where you playing..?? and who are your allies? who was excommunicated and how many turns after the war declaration?

maybe i should lower the efects.., but their max values are not higher than 0.3.. they use to be around 0.1-0.25

Maybe it is because I do not have a needed file? however I replaced it with the old one and it works fine?

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

ARG...!!! i have found a posible cause...

Are you playing non islam factions, true?

Trigger 0039_CO_War_Declared
    WhenToTest FactionWarDeclared

Condition TargetFactionReligion catholic
    and FactionReligion orthodox

That is Orthodox-Catholic war declaration.. i have to swap the target and current factions..

EDIT: Uhm.. maybe it comes from cumulative effects.. War declaration/battle/invasion are added to the same event rising the values too high..

EDIT2: Issue isolated.. it has to be on war declarations.. ¿maybe some rules are being duplicated?

EDIT3: FIXED
    Last edited by Thorn; November 26, 2007 at 11:50 AM.

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

Hello Naimad, I have downloaded all the update files today. My question is...do these files bring the XAI to the 2.20 status with the fixed Auto-Resolve? Should I wait for a DarthAges .60 or 1.0 version to see the full effect of all the changes? I like to start new campaigns when you update your mod, to see untainted results, but the two of you are doing it so fast and well that I am never able to get very deep into one.

Thanks as always for the hard work.

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MiiKLL View Post
    Hello Naimad, I have downloaded all the update files today. My question is...do these files bring the XAI to the 2.20 status with the fixed Auto-Resolve? Should I wait for a DarthAges .60 or 1.0 version to see the full effect of all the changes? I like to start new campaigns when you update your mod, to see untainted results, but the two of you are doing it so fast and well that I am never able to get very deep into one.

Thanks as always for the hard work.
    I'm using XAI 2.19+, It's a modded version of the original 2.19, it has some of the changes into 2.20 and some other rules made by my own.. i use to improve that AI from last XAI version, but it takes some time as i have to "save" my rules so i will wait till official release to work over the 2.20

I have a diferent aproach to the AR (Auto resolve) issues.. i'm testing new values to see if they work.. as far as i can tell the AI is expanding faster than myself and i think that is enough (Last game there were about 4 factions with +4 provinces when i had only +1)

Well... i have done some "major" changes on the files..

New bonus from ports.
    A few tweaks on units.
    Rebalanced some starting populations.
    Reduced gold bonus to the AI. Now they know how to use merchants (almost better than before) so they dont need that bonus.
    and others than i cant remember (that is the reason to upload the whole game from version to version to avoid leaving something behind)

But at this time last upade file has the major changes, others will be minor tweaks (unless i discover something) so you could try it if you want.

Next update will be this weekend. (i hope on Friday about 20:00 GMT)

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

By the way a new pick

Testing HRE campaign.. i was sieging a rebel town.. and after 3 turns a new rebel army aproached and the sieged army is trying to break the siege..

Click to view content: 

YAY!!! Naimads my hero!! Will definately DL this week!!

What attributes would I have to ajust to make a unit easier to hit with arrows? I'm noticing that light cav(including horse archers) are many times harder to hit when stationary compared to infantry.

You can test this yourself by using say Turkish Horse Archers vs turkish archers.

I'm almost completed a second pass of 'project longbows' but want to try and get this fixed before I finish it.

Another thing I need: what are peoples experiences with javlins both mounted and infantry? This can be from my edu or from vanilla as I have not yet touched them.

I'll start: I find infantry javlins useless as the AI will not fire them consistantly within their tiny range, and skirmish mode is simply not an option.