Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: The Darth Ages Feedback Thread

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The Darth Ages (Version 0.55 available)

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    language: english

I'm trying stainless steel right now, but later I'm gonna install yours again and delete those .sd files and tell you if it works.
    Reading this made me writing that I was playing SS 5.1 few days ago for few days but when more-less by accident I had duel with Constable of Jerusalem (special unit) with a unit of Canons of Holy Sepulchre (special unit) against one unit of Royal mamluks and one (cant remember name) regular heavy infantry (predecessors of mamluks) - Ive got beaten several times clear defeat I uninstalled it and deleted download from harddisk at once.
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

Quote Originally Posted by Naimad View Post
    Have you tested the ranges are working? i mean are the velocity values at projectile's file high enough to allow them to shoot at max range?

Thats what the problem has been! How do i fix that

(i thought some werent working right)

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
    Thanks Naimad again. Those .sd files were the "bad ones". Finally I can start campaign. Glad to be able do that.

I see the file, but what is 'a' in the equation? angle?
    Last edited by Iscariott; November 23, 2007 at 01:38 PM.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSKTemplar View Post
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
    Thanks Naimad again. Those .sd files were the "bad ones". Finally I can start campaign. Glad to be able do that.
    I'm sorry to not being able to help you sooner.., i took too much time to fix that.. i thought you were having another issue.., but when i saw the pic from atman i remember the first days of the mod when i was converting it to Kingdoms.. try a campaign and run a turn.. are you seeing all the banners? aslo try a custom battle against any of the new factions, can you see their banners?

@Iscariott

it should be (makes sense) but can not be sure.. just rise a bit the velocity (1-3 points should be enough) you can rise only min velocity and left max at it is.. or rise max half the rise you made at min..

Sounds good, I'll just mess with it. I assume the number listed in the EDU is the max range the battle engine will let the unit shoot, so if someones arrows are a little fast oh well lol. Should have the file up in an hour.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

@Pete if you have any of the issues i posted above copy the "original" .sd files from DarthAges UI folder to the UI folder from Kingdoms (i mean Medieval\data\ui)

I have test it and it should work.. this aslo should fix the issue about white screens that someones post a few weeks ago.. if i haven't fixed them before is why i thought they where "local" issues.. with a little more feedback i would turn my efforts to it sooner..

I hope you could enjoy the mod without problem..

Atman's Avatar Libertus

yeah, removing sd files helped works fine.

btw, I know it is because of other mod u based it on (TLR I guess), but the attempt to use native faction names in the game is simply ridiculous. for example instead of "polish princess" there is "polski princess" which is a terrible language mix, not to mention the declination is wrong (I'm polish) so instead of adding to immersion it detracts from it.

also new general perks are tryhard imo because they are not that well written and not add anything in terms of gameplay.

anyway, I'd like to see a mod combining best campaign AI + darth battle AI for Kingdoms campaigns...because the big map feels too generic to me now after playing lusted's latest campaigns and kingdoms.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1732

File updated. Projectiles file is a rough draft. I want to get some actual playing done before I hit the gym lol.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    yeah, removing sd files helped works fine.

btw, I know it is because of other mod u based it on (TLR I guess), but the attempt to use native faction names in the game is simply ridiculous. for example instead of "polish princess" there is "polski princess" which is a terrible language mix, not to mention the declination is wrong (I'm polish) so instead of adding to immersion it detracts from it.

also new general perks are tryhard imo because they are not that well written and not add anything in terms of gameplay.

anyway, I'd like to see a mod combining best campaign AI + darth battle AI for Kingdoms campaigns...because the big map feels too generic to me now after playing lusted's latest campaigns and kingdoms.
    Text, names, traits, etc will be the last task as they don't add almost anything to gameplay. AI, battle balance and campaign balance are my main goals after i feel happy with them i will move into minor tasks..

Atman's Avatar Libertus

still CTD when starting custom battle; 'unspecified error' ...

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

could you past or upload your log file? (system.log into medieval folder)

Atman's Avatar Libertus

here it is..

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

So.. you can run the game, but any time you try a custom battle it crashes, isn't it?

have you tried what i said above?
    have you nay other mod installed?
    have you unpacked any file?
    did you see all the kingdom's banners?
    have you tried another map/faction?

Atman's Avatar Libertus

ok I played campaign a bit and it's too early to say something about AI, but I can see there are some inconsistencies I don't like:

unit of huscarls and german infantry(forgot the exact unit name) in Southampton?

unit sizes. rebel village has 400 population but they have 6 or so stacks of peasant spearmen, 150 men each?

what happened to the sky. I understand it's sometimes stormy and dark but never black. like literally black sky..

Atman's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Naimad View Post
    So.. you can run the game, but any time you try a custom battle it crashes, isn't it?

have you tried what i said above?
    have you nay other mod installed?
    have you unpacked any file?
    did you see all the kingdom's banners?
    have you tried another map/faction?
    nope, not all the banners display properly. for some factions when it's their turn at the top of the screen instead of faction banner I have generic icon (same as for construction screen I think)

no other mods unless something didn't uninstall properly. had SS 5.1 previously which I deleted manually (from mods folder only) because uninsatller didn't work. dunno if it'd installed something in main data folder as well.

tried other maps/factions.

didn't unpack anything.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

ok, copy the .sd files at darthages\data\ui into medieval\data\ui

There is no ui folder. I was searching for it but havent found. (Medieval/data/....no ui folder).
    One issue so far I see, that sometimes battlefiled gets "shrinked". From whole battlefield units can move on perhaps 10 per cent, the rest of battlefield is "behind lines". It happens especially when not using many units. Once happend crazy thing - units were spawn in the sea and they died immediately before battle was started. I guess it means that spawning of units doesnt recognize regular "lines" and uses whole map or worse uses parts of map where map isnt supposed to happen. It seems so far problem for custom battle only. Sorry I dont use screens, I tried but I dont have required tools.
    Last edited by PeteSKTemplar; November 24, 2007 at 04:20 AM.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSKTemplar View Post
    There is no ui folder. I was searching for it but havent found. (Medieval/data/....no ui folder).
    One issue so far I see, that sometimes battlefiled gets "shrinked". From whole battlefield units can move on perhaps 10 per cent, the rest of battlefield is "behind lines". It happens especially when not using many units. Once happend crazy thing - units were spawn in the sea and they died immediately before battle was started. I guess it means that spawning of units doesnt recognize regular "lines" and uses whole map or worse uses parts of map where map isnt supposed to happen. It seems so far problem for custom battle only. Sorry I dont use screens, I tried but I dont have required tools.
    but are you seeing all kingdom's banners in the campaign? and during battles when selecting units?

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

NEW Faction Standing File available to download.