Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: The Darth Ages Feedback Thread

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: The Darth Ages (Version 0.5 Available)

i will wait till this weekend (maybe Friday) to upload, so i could add some more changes to it.

Sorry for delay..

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

works for me - weeken is the best time for playing anyways

so how does this work? i install medival then kingdoms then patches then darthmod 1.4d then darthages? and where is the download link for darthages
    SOME SAY THIS IS MADNESS!! MADNESS?... THIS IS DARTH MOOOOOODDDD!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by jmack- View Post
    so how does this work? i install medival then kingdoms then patches then darthmod 1.4d then darthages? and where is the download link for darthages
    The link is broken.., i do not know why, i will reupload the file as soon as Xeryx release the new AI file.

You do not need DarthMod.

Medieval + Kingdoms are the only you need to play Darth Ages.

but it will work for darthmod 1.4 right?
    SOME SAY THIS IS MADNESS!! MADNESS?... THIS IS DARTH MOOOOOODDDD!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

but it will work for darthmod 1.4 right?
    I don't understand your question..

Darth Ages is a stand alone mod.. it has the Darth's battle AI, but you don't need darth mod to run it..

when do you think the link will be up again?
    Last edited by jmack-; November 10, 2007 at 09:31 PM.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Today

Uploaded...
    Last edited by Thorn; November 11, 2007 at 08:01 AM.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: The Darth Ages (Version 0.55 available)

COOL! I would download it, but I can't seem to find a link?
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    COOL! I would download it, but I can't seem to find a link?
    Fixed

http://files.filefront.com/DarthAges.../fileinfo.html

sweet i finaly get to try this imfamous darth ages!
    so leme just get this straight .. does darth ages include the new xai 219? or do i have to instal xai myself?

so is darht ages acutally the long road becasue i dont see darth stats. like no 14 attack and 30 defence , just vanilla stats am i corect or is there a bug? like i am having major bugs with unit numbers and options interface
    Last edited by jmack-; November 11, 2007 at 11:48 PM.

You need to know what they needed to make this mod....... go to the first post of this topic... and yes they used it.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

sweet i finaly get to try this imfamous darth ages!
    so leme just get this straight .. does darth ages include the new xai 219? or do i have to instal xai myself?

so is darht ages acutally the long road becasue i dont see darth stats. like no 14 attack and 30 defence , just vanilla stats am i corect or is there a bug? like i am having major bugs with unit numbers and options interface
    You want to know what will you see on this mod? try this:

http://twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124709

I'm using TLR as a base (Buildings, units, map, graphics..) it is the core of the mod, then i added the Darth's Battle AI (that isn't the same as Darth's stats) i modded the whole unit file to fit with my own feeling about how they should fight and because the EDU file from TLR has lots of new units..

I aslo modded several files as siege engines/walls/standings.. go to the link above and you will have your questions answered..

thx

Naimad

I have got to say this mod is shaping up nicely!! I am actually playing now, as the HRE and am finding myself challenged to expand as fast as the AI. HRE has some issues to get on it's feet in the start.
    Denmark is expanding like crazy, they beat me to a city I wanted, I should have been quicker. The battle AI is working very well!! I was attacking a small castle with a palisade and the AI acted very good, except for a group of spear man that kept their backs turned to my archers.

I hope we can figure out this Auto-resolve, I think I need to ask CA about this. Taking castles with it is especially unbalanced. Considering I was able to completely turn the tides of the battle, by fighting it myself.

I just wanted to tell you that I am enjoying playing your mod!!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Naimad

I have got to say this mod is shaping up nicely!! I am actually playing now, as the HRE and am finding myself challenged to expand as fast as the AI. HRE has some issues to get on it's feet in the start.
    Denmark is expanding like crazy, they beat me to a city I wanted, I should have been quicker. The battle AI is working very well!! I was attacking a small castle with a palisade and the AI acted very good, except for a group of spear man that kept their backs turned to my archers.

I hope we can figure out this Auto-resolve, I think I need to ask CA about this. Taking castles with it is especially unbalanced. Considering I was able to completely turn the tides of the battle, by fighting it myself.

I just wanted to tell you that I am enjoying playing your mod!!
    I'm glad you are enjoying the mod.

I know there are still some issues with battles (auto and "manual") but it will be my last step before the 1.0 version.

I hope i could get a little more feedback to make things better, but right now i must rely only on my own feelings about the mod performance..

I will help with feedback, sometimes you got to ask!!

I like the units that are available, i will need to test further. I am testing the new changes in the XAI, so it won't be the original..kill 2 birds with one stone.

OH yeh forgot, the FS file is working well with the XAI, I think all it needs is adjustments. I would lesson the penalties for watch towers and blockading ports. It is too easy to walk over a watch tower for the AI. Maybe lowering the blockading with allow them to make peace again when the AI screws-up and blockades a port, it could be a detorant.

I think less starting units in the rebel provinces to start with. You might just try giving the rebels and AI and see what happens?? It could make it the toughest game yet.

I think the religious conversion rates are pretty good, but I think the settlement penalties need toned just a bit. You can offset this buy garrisons. I also would like to see 2x as much free upkeep for cities as castles, and 2x as much recruitment for castles as cities.
    Last edited by xeryx; November 16, 2007 at 06:26 PM.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

New patch available, please download it and follow instructions to a better performance during campaigns

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Could someone send me the original descr_sm_religions file?

original as in vanilla, mtw2