Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: The Darth Ages Feedback Thread

Default Re: The Darth Ages (Version 0.2 Available)

As i understood, it's mod based on kingdoms.exe?

Also how drastically changes would be, i mean, can you summarize what changed in battle experience over Darth (as i see, less Jedi cavalry?) and campaign AI (slower/faster or whatever)

And post it in first post? Seems like it's going into some nice addon over Darth one, that going to be 'alternate way', maybe sticky or whatnot =)

Is the campaign playbale yet. I haven't seen any updates since the weekend. Thanks.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

The mod is fully playable on version 0.2

I'm working on unit cost and maintenance to allow the AI making bigger armies..

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by gogis View Post
    As i understood, it's mod based on kingdoms.exe?

Also how drastically changes would be, i mean, can you summarize what changed in battle experience over Darth (as i see, less Jedi cavalry?) and campaign AI (slower/faster or whatever)

And post it in first post? Seems like it's going into some nice addon over Darth one, that going to be 'alternate way', maybe sticky or whatnot =)
    The Game is based on Kingdoms.

I can't post the features of the mod cos i'm still working on it.., but this thread will show you what i'm looking for..

http://twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109600

Campaign is good so far will be playin as far into it as i can tonight. Some of the faction shields still aren't sown when it is the ai's turn but that's not a big deal. I think the calvary is still to overpowered as well. I killed 750 men with my general's body guard and only lost 14 men. Keep up the good work.

I'll post if I find any other things that come to my attention. Thanks

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

what kind of troops were you fighting? and what faction are you using?

i thought i fixed the shield issue.. i'll add the correct file tomorrow in my new release 0.28 or 0.3 if i get enough time to test the new changes i've been done today..

what kind of troops were you fighting? and what faction are you using?

i thought i fixed the shield issue.. i'll add the correct file tomorrow in my new release 0.28 or 0.3 if i get enough time to test the new changes i've been done today..

I was playing as the English and fighting against low quality spear men. This may have been what you intended to happen though. I look forward to your release. If you ever need help testing and I have time I'd be happy to help. Keep up the good work.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: The Darth Ages (Version 0.3 Available)

New verison available.

Working on version0.32 with a better cavalry rebalance

nice spear vs cavalry battles
    Heavy infantry will stand vs cavalry units, they usually loose, but they will put a great resistance before die..

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Version 0.32 available

Improved accuracy for gun units (muskets, Arquebusiers and such)
    Increase mass for projectiles (maybe they don't kill armoured units, but they will disrup their formations)
    Reworked Cavarly vs cavalry combat, now charges are more deadly and formation's are easier to broke
    Toned down some cavalry charges values.
    Improved spear vs cavalry combat.
    Rebalanced Pike vs Pike combat.

@xeryxs now i'm ready to try your files, be ready for my first report by tomorrow.
    Last edited by Thorn; September 28, 2007 at 10:40 AM.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

We'll do man, look forward to it, I need very detailed reports, can you set a good example for others to follow? I am definitely getting good feed back, I need to know what happens when you are aggressive, so go and stomp some butt.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: The Darth Ages (Version 0.32 Available)

@Xeryx.. do you remember what were the meaning of SOF SPF AND SIF entries on the settlemen mechanics??

SPF was about growth
    SIF - Income
    SOF - order?

Is there any way to increase tax income bonus when seting higher taxation levels?
    Last edited by Thorn; September 29, 2007 at 06:12 AM.

that is correct, on the vallues
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Version 0.4 available..

+New settlement mechanics
    -Less income from trade
    -Less income from farms
    -Increase income for taxes
    -Religion unrest increased
    -Tax penalties increased
    -Income for buildings reduced
    +Included Xeryx campaign AI
    +Mercenary cost reduced
    +Diplomats are no longer available on town square
    +More diferences on unit's pools between cities and casttles
    +Min population is now 400 instead of 250

Default Re: The Darth Ages (Version 0.4 Available)

Naimad, I see that you have been keeping busy!!
    Do my eyes deceive...me is that my Campaign Ai in there?...COOL!!
    I take it you like it then!! Now would you take some time to play!! If you need any customization tips, or any specials made for the AI let me know.

I need more Ideas on how the people want Vassalage..what are your thought on this?

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Yep.. i like it so much.. i should have lost my first campaign if i didn't played a siege.., is the first time i feel i could loose.., now i'm working on faction standings.. something is wrong there.. all factions have reasonable relations.. maybe that's the reason everybody allying everybody in my campaigns..

i will give you more reports when i find what is happening with relations

Uhm... it seems faction standings thresholds are wrong... how can i get reasonable relations if i have -0.6 and the maximum is -1.0???

i have this on strat file: faction_standings moors, -0.95 spain, portugal

and i still getting reasonable relationships??

CONFIRMED faction relationship is not working on my games.. anyone with the mod installed has noticed this issue??

i will need some help here to find what is the problem..
    Last edited by Thorn; September 29, 2007 at 02:34 PM.

See I am not crazy, you are experiencing the same problems I have with diplomacy. I suggest you clear out the caches, play a vanilla game the run the mod. I am completely guessing here!!! Because I have had many problems with files changes not taking. Is there any chance that we can put the mod in the mod folder and it work? What needs to be done for this!!

A -1.0 would be correct BTW

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

yea.. i tried all i know..

i ran retrofit, darthmod, TLR, and all oth them are working good.. i copy their strat files to my mod and nothin happened.. i set values to -1.0 i deleted factions standings .. i don't know what is the problem.. i need to know if is a general error or is just in my PC...
    Last edited by xeryx; September 29, 2007 at 04:45 PM.

Then there is an error, check your log?

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

No.. the log hasn't anything relevant..

i'm merging TLR with retrofit again.. and i'm about to isolate the file causing the problem..

At last.. something is worng with the diplomacy file.. i have to look closer to it as i can't use Darth's one.. i will need to mod it..

@Xeryx are you using Darth's diplomacy file? i think i found a major bug on it... are your relations working good on diplomacy screen?

do you have something like this?

diplomacy_text_fields>
    <text_field name="relations">
    <text_entry>
    <upper_threshold value="-1.8"/>
    <diplomacy_text name="DT_RELATIONS_0"/>
    Last edited by Thorn; September 29, 2007 at 05:45 PM.

Nope, I'm using mine now... How many times did I mention Diplomacy? I'll have to check..let you know tomorrow.