Thread: BoA - Comments and Feelings

Default BoA - Comments and Feelings

Hi,

You tried BoA. So tell us yours feelings and comments after first play and long play.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Nelduin; August 11, 2008 at 06:14 PM.
    May Buddha's wisdom be with you...
    High_Templar : Leader of Battles of Asia Mod and Leader of Battles of Kingdoms Mod

Default Re: BoA - Comments and Feelings

I think it would be more interisting
    to add custom battle unit for famous characters.
    Original skins are not necessary at first,
    Same skin and different data unit will do such as Tree Kingdoms mod.

excellent work fellas, love the 2 hp per units and high defense . makes the battles last longer and seem more epic, looking to join or create a MP community for the mod,
    msn at lord_trask@hotmail.com or sometimes xfire lordtrask74

A.K.A Hunter_Trask

Though I am thinking arrows run out too quickly, perhaps doubling of the ammo would make them last longer witout lasting too long

A.K.A Hunter_Trask

At what florin level was the mod designed to play, and unit size etc?

A.K.A Hunter_Trask

We make the archers very powerful because it's more realistic than the vanilla system. They have 5 arrows per soldier, but an arrow have 60% of chance to kill someone.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Trask View Post
    excellent work fellas, love the 2 hp per units and high defense . makes the battles last longer and seem more epic, looking to join or create a MP community for the mod,
    msn at lord_trask@hotmail.com or sometimes xfire lordtrask74
    ah i love my fans

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

optimal unit size and florin level?
    normal and 10k what i been runnin 12.5 seems ok too
    just wondering if anything unofficially official

A.K.A Hunter_Trask

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Hassen Ibn Yasin View Post
    We make the archers very powerful because it's more realistic than the vanilla system. They have 5 arrows per soldier, but an arrow have 60% of chance to kill someone.
    I think 10 arrows would be more realistic

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

You mean 10 arrow have each one 60% of chance to kill someone, or 1 arrow have 6% of chance to kill someone ? Because 6% would be unrealistic I think.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

You mean 10 arrow have each one 60% of chance to kill someone, or 1 arrow have 6% of chance to kill someone ? Because 6% would be unrealistic I think.
    only 5 five arrows more to archers

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Oh I see. But if we add more arrows to the bowmens, they will be able to kill a full army alone. Actually they have 5 arrow to make them more decisive in battle. You have to use them at the better time.

Oh I see. But if we add more arrows to the bowmens, they will be able to kill a full army alone. Actually they have 5 arrow to make them more decisive in battle. You have to use them at the better time.
    i tried that but 100 (or more ) chinese archers didnt kill 35 samurais

it depends the samurai unit you have against yourself. which one it was?
    May Buddha's wisdom be with you...
    High_Templar : Leader of Battles of Asia Mod and Leader of Battles of Kingdoms Mod

mayby best one ...
    and it always crashes after 30 min... whit out error message and in the middle of battle

Obviously this mod is working for some, given the many positive comments, but it has been nothing but a frustrating slog for me. I've spent over 4 hours trying to get this mod to run, and each time I finally clear a hurdle, another CTD crops up. I've uninstalled and re-installed it 5 times. I finally found the correct shortcut to use to keep from getting the wonderful "steam not found" error, then I get constant CTD's trying to start a custom battle (without the campaign add-on). The errors are of the "file not found" variety with certain units. Figuring I'd try my luck with the campaign addon, I installed it and the hotfix, but the game CTD's while loading the campaign (missing .cas file). EDIT FWIW, it is "file not found data/models_unit/BoA/samgensquaresmaedate.cas)

I'm using R:TW gold (version 1.5) in steam; when I get a chance I'll dig up my old cd's and install those, just to see if I fare any better. Not expecting too much though...

While I understand that there is a certain amount of tinkering, tweaking, and patience required when installing and using unofficial modifications, having fun just shouldn't be this much work. Some better info, readme's, and a troubleshooting section are definitely in order if I may humbly suggest.
    Last edited by Prez; November 17, 2009 at 04:44 PM.

Biarchus

I with Prez on this...sorry, but just too many crashes to make it fun.

When I finally got into a battle, I didn't really like the forests and vegetation in general. I think Japan is mostly broadleaf deciduous forest with some pines and bamboo thickets. There seems to be a lot of jungle, but then again it usually crashes halfway through my first battle and after reinstalling it a few times I gave up. Sorry, I would have loved to perserver but there are some other mods that I'm looking forward to installing...

I know you guys worked really hard on this and congrats for all your work, but it's just not working well enough for me.
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

I like the whole feel of the mod but I am Kinda unhappy with the battles for reasons I have listed on another thread, the suggestions for BoA v3. I haven't been able to play the campaign yet cuz It wont work for me so thats all I can really say for now.
    Last edited by ruthless; June 22, 2010 at 08:39 AM.

Excellent mod.