Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: BoA 2.0 - >>>DOWNLOAD LINKS<<<

Default IMPORTANT FILE FIX

An IMPORTANT FILE FIX to the export_descr_buildings.txt was uploaded in the other thread yesterday. I don't know if it was a problem with the campaign sub mod itself or if it was something I added incorrectly, but it will cause some CTDs when playing as the Uesugi (and perhaps fighting them on the battlemap). If you want to manually check, use -show_err and fix the typos by adding "s" to "romans_scipii". It is currently and incorrectly written "roman_scipii".

Otherwise, upload this file and place it in your Data folder. Note that this file only works with my other campaign fixes, so if you just want the campaign mod without my changes, you need to use the -show_error command line to ensure your file is working correctly. I suggest everyone uses this anyways when you play any mod.

One other known problem with the campaign submod is some custom battle maps are not working correctly (I am not sure which ones, but its several but not all of them. Grassy_plains map seems to always work fine). This glitch will cause all forces put on the custom battle map to immediately drown at the start of the battle. I'll spend some time looking up the cause tonight, as it is a bug that leaves no show_err message.
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; June 25, 2009 at 04:57 PM.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

Default Re: BoA - >>>DOWNLOAD LINKS<<<

That may explain some CTD issues I had when I tried the mod yesterday...
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Again the use of -show_err is highly recommended when playing any mod. In the meantime, I have discovered a "cure" for the custom maps problem and am fixing it. In hte meantime somehow my new Uesugi Daimyo Bodyguard had a new bug pop up, which makes no sense as I haven't changed it in a few days and it worked fine before. Anyhow, thats why I haven't posted the bodyguard files yet.

*edit* HELP!

Okay, this is the strangest bug I have yet seen. I don't get it at all. It only happens to Uesugi Cavalry Archers and Uesugi Daimyo Bodyguard, which is composed of a handful of cavalry archers + officers and general. The bug is not consistent; sometimes it crashes the instant I try to start a custom battle while commanding one of those units. Other times it crashes during the loading screen. Sometimes it doesn't crash at all and lets me fight the battle. So far it has crashed everytime I try to fight a battle in campaign mode with said unit. There is, of course, no show_err message. This problem did not exist until a few days ago, I have used the unit in battle quite a few times, with or without supporting units, in both custom and campaign.

What I suspect is that this bug has something to do with polygon count, or somehow is overloading my graphics card. This unit, and this unit alone. I am going to restart my comp in a minute to see if I have a memory leak, but other units don't cause this. I suspect it, amazingly, just barely puts me over the limit. I will check the common error threads on the forums in a bit, but if anyone has any idea what possible issue this might be, please let me know!

*Update* I did indeed have a memory leak, but that doesn't seem to be the root of the problem. It continues to happen, almost every other time. I fought one battle on hte campaign map commanding Uesugi Daimyo Bodyguard and 6 total units on the map. The second campaign map battle involving a Uesugi Family Member crashed half way through loading screen. I just don't get it
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; June 27, 2009 at 08:05 PM.

I tougth for posting your bugs was in bug threat but is here too? Well I am posting here then sorry if I did wrong and did double posting.
    The bug is.
    I instal the Battles of Asia v2.0 "All-in-one": after instalation I click to play the game it gives me a loading of Rome Total War then it crash
    I instal normaly and wait that command window closed and all was instruted when appear the window saing exist I click and finish thei instalation after that I try the game and rigth from the star it crash how can I fix this?
    Thanks

did you have a fresh install of Rome Total War 1.5 before installing Battles of Asia?

Your issue with the Uesugi bodyguard could be a missing texture

Hey Hound of Ulster. Unfortunately, that isn't the issue. The texture exists, and sometimes it lets me fight the battle, at other times it doesn't. It seems more like a virtual memory problem, as if for some reason the Uesugi Elite Cav Archer skin takes up soooo much memory that a single unit of them can sometimes cause a crash. While my computer isn't exactly amazing, it should still easily be able to handle a single unit. Afterall I can fight mass battles with at least two full armies in vanilla rome, and have fought several in BoA with at least 12 units on each side

Quote Originally Posted by Hayami Kagemusha View Post
    did you have a fresh install of Rome Total War 1.5 before installing Battles of Asia?
    Well it was a fresh instal but is Rome Total War Gold Edition is already patched.
    But my question is if the mod doesnt work in Rome Total War Gold Edition?
    This realy piss me off man I realy wanted to play this mod!

The texture exists, and sometimes it lets me fight the battle, at other times it doesn't. It seems more like a virtual memory problem, as if for some reason the Uesugi Elite Cav Archer skin takes up soooo much memory that a single unit of them can sometimes cause a crash. While my computer isn't exactly amazing, it should still easily be able to handle a single unit. Afterall I can fight mass battles with at least two full armies in vanilla rome, and have fought several in BoA with at least 12 units on each side

did you test any of the other units present at the battle with Uesugi bodyguard unit? One of those could be the issue...

Added a link to the Campaign submod on FileFront.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

sure did Hound of Ulster. I haven't checked every single unit in game, but I did over a dozen different scenarios, different maps, campaign or custom battle, different factions, its pretty clear it is the Uesugi Cavalry Archer soldier texture or sprite. I also tested all the other Cavalry Archers which use the same model, have yet to crash with any of them. I need to test the Uesugi Foot Archers as well as they have the same texture, but otherwise no other units appear to be affected.

and Thanks Al-Hassen

Quote Originally Posted by RomanSoldier9001 View Post
    Well it was a fresh instal but is Rome Total War Gold Edition is already patched.
    But my question is if the mod doesnt work in Rome Total War Gold Edition?
    This realy piss me off man I realy wanted to play this mod!
    Its works with Gold Edition, I'm sure of that because I have it.
    If you have a fresh install, It must work, otherwise it can be a material problem... try to update your drivers and test it again.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Hassen Ibn Yasin View Post
    Its works with Gold Edition, I'm sure of that because I have it.
    If you have a fresh install, It must work, otherwise it can be a material problem... try to update your drivers and test it again.
    You have Battles of Asia v2.0 "All-in-one": instalation? The previous one the manualy worked but this one I dont know it simply crash.
    Update drivers?

Yes, I have tested it with the executable. It works. I don't know where come your problem...

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

good work guys, I am doing a campaign as the red clan, those guys that have zen and are really good at those halberd sort of things. good work guys.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

hehe the Mori were quite successful historically. They beat the former powerhouse Ouchi clan, while also dealing with the Amago and Otomo, expanding from minor retainers of the Ouchi clan to rulers of all of Chugoku. Its just unfortunate for them that Oda Nobunaga got to the capital first >.<; Same goes for the green Shimazu... and for that matter the black Takeda, blue Uesugi, and purple Hojo... LOL. d#mn that Nobunaga!!

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayami Kagemusha View Post
    hehe the Mori were quite successful historically. They beat the former powerhouse Ouchi clan, while also dealing with the Amago and Otomo, expanding from minor retainers of the Ouchi clan to rulers of all of Chugoku. Its just unfortunate for them that Oda Nobunaga got to the capital first >.<; Same goes for the green Shimazu... and for that matter the black Takeda, blue Uesugi, and purple Hojo... LOL. d#mn that Nobunaga!!
    I love that sort of talk, hardly understandable and yet epic at the same time....
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Hassen Ibn Yasin View Post
    Yes, I have tested it with the executable. It works. I don't know where come your problem...
    Neither I where it comes from! Because I realy wanted to play this game!
    Man is strange it just crash rigth from the star.

Icon5 Re: BoA - >>>DOWNLOAD LINKS<<<

i don`t know how to install the campaign add on and the patch

I did everything i extracted all.
    1. Then i ran the boa.
    2. I extracted the campaign one.
    3. then the patch
    but i dont know exactly what to do with the last 2. where exactly do i put it?
    do i replace anything?

cuz i finished and then when i clicked boa it just dissconnected it rite when the opening page showed up
    To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.
    -Isaac Newton

If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
    -Isaac Newton