Thread: Simple Spear and Sword/Axe/Mace rebalance for Retrofit mod.

Default Simple Spear and Sword/Axe/Mace rebalance for Retrofit mod.

This is simply a modified export_descr_unit.txt that reverts all spear units (meaning those such as armored sergeants and levy spearmen, NOT pikemen) and sword and shield units (which include axe and mace wielders as well) to their former 1.2 stats.

I only touched the attack, charge, defense skill, and shield ratings of these units. The armor ratings are different from 1.2, but they are all uniformely so for all units. So in the end all of these units have exactly -2 defence compared to their 1.2 counterparts.

All the other balance changes are untouched, which include those done to 2-handers, archers, pikemen, and cavalry.

The reason for this rebalance was simply because I felt that the nerf to sword/axe/mace and shield units plus the boost to spearmen brought them a bit too close in terms of performance for my taste, and I have heard others complain of the same.

Just download it and place it into your data folder for the retrofit mod. Make sure to back up your original just in case you don't like it.
    Last edited by PooFoo; September 15, 2007 at 10:18 AM.

Default Re: Simple Spear and Sword/Axe/Mace rebalance for Retrofit mod.

Does anyone know how to making skirmish mode work like in Rome? Meaning, the unit in skirmish mode starts running immediately after the enemy closes in, rather than having to finish its shooting animation.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to the Custom Campaign/Retro fit mod sub-forum.

Thanks, I was searching for something like that.