Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BoA - Bugs Reports

Default Re: BoA - Bugs Reports

Maybe it's a bug of the campain addon submod, ask Helloween or other player working in the mod to correct it

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

I've verified that the files that "dont exist" are exactly the same names and in the proper locations.

I will try to do a custom game w/o the campaign sub-mod after i uninstall and reinstall.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ok thanks for that
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

An install without the campaign mod resulted in the same error for custom battles I reported earlier. instead of samgensquares its MTW_horse_light.cas that "does not exist".

In case there is anyone out there with some expertise in steam I'll try to provide as much detail as I can.

1) I've successfully run RTR and Roma Surrectum w/ steam. In both cases the mod appears to overwrite the files of the default folders.

2) To get the game to launch I have to create a shortcut to boa and put the target as this:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 4760 -show_err -nm -mod:boa I found this method on the tw forums in numerous mod forums (search "steam install" to see).

3) After repeated failures I attempted to avoid the modfolder issue entirely by introducing redundancy (no matter which exe i use, no matter where it looks the BoA files should be present). I overwrote the BoA files into the folders of my normal rtw gold folder. Then launching off the main RTW steam icon, this resulted in the BoA intro screens, but the same errors when attempting to play.

About all I could think of trying, any suggestions are welcome.

delete the map_rwm or whatever it is called. Perhaps changes were made and that too was carried over into the mod. If not then I believe there is a faulty download. Try installing it again Al-Hassen.

If the cavalry unit is not write then it could be an error with the EDU or something. Perhaps it may be worth running through the files needed to add units to see if there was a mistake made. I know that someone developed a program down in the workshop which will do that automatically though. Try giving it ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayami Kagemusha View Post
    Hey ccappiello if you are using the campaign mod, then the reason custom battles crash is pretty easy to fix. Except for preset maps, all of the maps in custom battles are based on the campaign map. Thus when alex created a new campaign map, all the old, non-preset maps became invalid and will either kill all your units in a flood, or crash. You can simply change the coordinates yourself, or wait till I do it I changed half of them before discovering my current issue with the Uesugi Daimyo Bodygaurd and got distracted >.>;

If you didn't install the campaign submod, then I have no idea what the problem is, you'll have to ask the original BoA team ^^
    Hi, I've got the same problem and I think your solution may work. But I'm too less of a programmer to comprehend your solution... I've downloaded the all in one and installed the campaign sub mod as well. What folder should i look for and even more important: what should I change?

Thanks to anyone who might be able and willing to answer these questions.

Ok.
    If I remember right, there must be a customlocations.txt in your data folder. In it there is the name of the custom battles locations and their coordinates. If this .txt isn't in data folder, try a look into data/maps/world or something like that. I can't tell you where this .txt is exactly because I don't have any RTW installed on my PC right now.

You have to change the coordinates by numbers of your choice and try if the new location is playable. If not, try again until it works.
    Last edited by Nelduin; September 22, 2009 at 10:06 AM.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

thats alot of changing to do.

The problem is still however, the campaign crashing randomly. Surely it is not because of this custom battles error.

Sure, but I must admit I don't know how to solve your problem. Maybe I can only suggest you uninstall/reinstall again but this excepted I have no idea atm...

We know it's a problem within the campaign. We know that someone else has had problems with a single unit. With this information I'm going to say there may be an issue within the unit info. Whatever the issue, it only occurs in a battle. This means that it should be a graphical issue or unit info/animation issue.

olivtown's Avatar Foederatus

I have downloaded the mod and campaign mod and whenever i start a custom battle i get a CTD. also in my first (and only campaign battle) the battle started and i had only my general. when i went for a close look at my opponents troops i got another CTD. i am currently re-downloading to check if it is a download problem.
    89% of teens would die today if myspace was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

Well I'm back and working on fixes for everything, glad to finally hear some real bug feedback because we were hardly getting anything before and can't fix things we don't know about. Thanks Al-Hassen for holding down the fort ^^

First though, I have no idea how to help you with steam, I have steam but don't use it for RTW. If I had to guess, I'd say that the DMB.txt is pointing the game to the wrong folder for models and textures... you may have to manually change every line of the DMB to point to the correct steam folder. This would likely apply to the BoA mod as a whole, not just the campaign mode.

The roman centurian made me laugh.... I have no idea how that happened if installed correctly. The only roman captain should be the rebel captain, who doesn't have a texture and is borrowing the Roman captain skin. we are creating a new texture for him but otherwise there is no reason the Uesugi captain should be roman. You sure you didn't edit any of the files and you installed correctly? I have to imagine its a problem specific to your copy of the game and no others.

CTDs with the campaign are very specific, so please use -show_error and give me as much info as possible. It is most likely that we've already found the problem and a solution to it, but its possible the game acts differently on other operating systems. Almost all of the CTDs are related to textures, mostly centered around the rebel faction. The mounts and horses shouldn't be a problem in your version of the campaign (we didn't touch mounts and horses in the first version)... but I have also altered those files in the upcoming version so hopefully such problems wont appear again.

Anyways, now that I've got things settled at home for the time being I'll be right back to work. Of course with only me working on it, I can't test for problems on other operating systems, I only know if the files work on my computer. More testing by others would be appreciated.

I used show_err but still had no report about the problem?

hmmm errorless CTD, most likely related to the rebels then. In the first version I posted the only thing that would cause an errorless ctd (that I had experienced) was a missing rebel unit texture. There are other possiblities but most of them would only occur if the player altered one of the game files after downloading the mods.

FYI I have work the next 3 days, but after that I have most of next week off and I'll make getting the second main release a priority. We have been pretty thorough with the work on this release so hopefully there will be few bugs, and no serious CTDs.

But I get this error when I'm not fighting rebels?

Hmm...in campaign mod i get error CTD again when i fight enemy settlement!!!!

Does it CTD when you reload ? I was just for one or you have CTD when you attack any settlement ?

i tried to reload 3 times but it still CTD...

Sounds just like what I have.

Maybe we have something missing or something thats corrupting it.

My drivers are all up to date and theyre not too up to date as its an old graphic card.

Yeah, it's very strange... for some peoples all work fine, and others have CTD. LordDarkier, you have a CTD everytime you launch a new campaign, right ? And you RobertDuy you didn't answer full my question.
    Did you have CTD everytime you attack every settlement, or it's specific to one settlement. A the rest of the campaign ? Battles from campaign map are working ? How many turns you played ? I need more information for trying to fix your problems.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast