Thread: Unpack specific files

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Unpack specific files

how do i unpack specific files with the unpacker. i read the read me, but i do get it.

i can't unpack all, cause i don't have 7GB free space on my HDD.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Default Re: Unpack specific files

1. Open the Command Prompt.
    2. You then want to move to the unpacker's folder, enter the command cd "C:\Program Files\Sega\Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker" changing the folder based on where you installed it (if M2TW is installed on a different drive to Windows you'll need to change drives first by entering the dive letter followed by a colon, e.g. G
    3. To unpack an individual file enter the following command replacing the <filename> with the name of the file you want to extract:-

unpacker --source=..\..\packs\*.pack --destination=..\..\ --filter=<filename>

If you're not sure what the name of the file you want to extract is run the list_contents.bat file which will create a list of the files in the packs. You can also extract multiple files using wildcards, e.g. using *.txt will extract all of the games text files.

Byg's Grim Reality Forums
    En mancansa del caval trotta anca el musso

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default Re: Unpack specific files

No question threads in the Tutorial sub-forum please. Moved to the Misc..