Thread: What happens now??

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Icon3 What happens now??

Ok, lets say for whatever reason China, India, the United States, and All of Europe (including western russia) just disappear off the face of the earth, no traces can be found and where they once where is now a baren charred wasteland.

(note)- All outside Military personell and equipment of these nations disappear too, so all the US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, along with other mentioned nations, all disappear as well.

So what happens now?
    Who are the new supperpowers?
    Is humanity heading downhill?
    Could we be better off?

I think it will be interesting to hear these.

I think my nation of South Africa, now with no outside political pressure, would likely retake Namibia, then move into Botswana and Mozambique and establish themselves as a superpower, the same could be said about Nigeria and maybe even Egypt.

Pakistan would probably gobble up Afghanistan(or at least try to) and the middle east would all clash onto Isreal as it now stands alone, Venezuala may do some stuff in South America, Mexico may have a worse economy due to the US not buying alot of its cheap goods, and Canda would be wondering where to send all its medical students too.

So, what are your thoughts?

Also, if you live in America, Europe, China, or India you may also want to say where you would magically want to be, as I already said I am from South Africa so I don't fall into any of those catagories.

Anyway enough of me going on a tanget,responses?
    Last edited by Axeman; September 11, 2007 at 01:15 PM.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Default Re: What happens now??

The end of the world period

I expected several of those responses, anybody else?

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

But Mexico would hardly have a just a tiny problem with its economy - wave away the US, Europe, India and the Bulk of Russia and you pretty much doom the global economy - what is left would be catastrophically left without capital, spare parts, production capacity.

But in any case given who you left off your list I would suggest Japan - particularly if it could come to a quick meeting of the minds with Taiwan and South Korea is the undisputed residual world power.
    Last edited by conon394; September 11, 2007 at 01:00 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Japan Australia New Zealand would become the new superpowers at least imho
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Darsh's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

I would said Japan, Brazil, Australia, South Africa the new superpowers.

Légion étrangère : « Honneur et Fidélité »

Justice and Mercy's Avatar Praefectus

The economy would just plain collapse everywhere, and communication would come to a near halt.
    The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. - James Madison

tha new dark age. Chaos with only few places where civilization is preserved..

Israel would turn the middle-east into a radioactive wasteland. The world collapses into a state of anarchy.

Phoebus's Avatar εις οιωνος αριστος...

Well, about $25 trillion dollars worth of annual purchasing power would disappear if the US and Europe alone went away. Another significant figure would evaporate when the other nations mentioned disappeared.

What does that mean? Well, economic chaos, massive unemployment and uncontrollable poverty throughout the world, and the attendant violence that comes with it.

Some surviving 1st world states like Japan, S. Korea, Australia, N. Zealand would remain safe--due to their remoteness from the suddenly destitute and desperate states that make up the rest of the world. They might flourish after a fashion by establishing economic alliances with a limited amount of their neighbors--shoring up their economies and providing stability by continuing on a smaller scale the relationship of purchasing powerhouses with the weaker manufacturer.

Other states that should take the reins--Israel, S. Africa, etc., would risk simply be overrun by their neighbors in time by virtue of their lack of geographic defenses.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan would become super powers.

No nukes, though. But thats properly a good thing.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Does having the US disappear mean all of its extra-territorial military, diplomatic and intelligence personal and infrastructure (and the large number of navy vessels afloat outside the US) disappear too? Because if not they represent a very large military looking for a new home…
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Im not worried about my nation being overunned, Zimbabwe is bankrupt, Namibia has 2 million people in it, not enough to pose a significant threat, and Mozambique has similar problems with Botswana, an economy shattered by internal strife, basically I think the new superowers will be

Japan
    Tiwana
    South Korea
    Isreal(probably will have ALOT of trouble)
    South Africa
    Nigeria(maybe)

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Moved to Political Academy.
    Under Patronage of Søren and member of S.I.N.

Ok Thanks

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him