Thread: While we wait, here is an example of what Total War sprites may be like (pics inside)

Default While we wait, here is an example of what Total War sprites may be like (pics inside)

This is from a mod for another game but I am hoping the sprites will look at least as good as these in Empire Total War

http://www.madminutegames.com/MadMin...pic.php?t=7206

http://www.madminutegames.com/MadMin...pic.php?t=7228

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Lias_solano's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: While we wait, here is an example of what Total War sprites may be like (pics inside)

Those look great.I hope CA can pull off something of equal,or hopefully better quality.What game are they from??

lias
    British by birth,
    English by the grace of God.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: While we wait, here is an example of what Total War sprites may be like (pics inside)

I hope they don't reload so fast.

wow, whoever did the running animation for those is really good at it.

Trax's Avatar It's a conspiracy!

What game are they from??
    A mod for Take Command: 2nd Manassas, I own that game.

Why may they look like that?

I also own that game, its a mod for it.... problem is the game does not do squares
    And no real strat map.... however the tactical map is huge... so huge you zoom out to a larger map during battles

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Roman Knight's Avatar Campidoctor

To me they just look really simple, only well rendered. I hope CA make them more detailed, so it is easier to discern between units.

they look detailed enough to me. A bit too clean and missing shadows and the like though... no effects basically

Nice running animations, but I think they reload too fast. Hope it's not that way in Empires.

Ordinarius

Units in Take Command certainly don't reload too fast. It's a far more realistic game than the Total War ones. Although it's interesting to note that even it uses something like a 1:5 ratio for representing troops, so battalions look more like companies and so on.

The animation there is too fast, but the gameplay wouldn't be.

That'll be a great mod for TC. I personally do not care what the sprites look like. In battle, you'd be lucky to see the company in front of you once you began marching to your position the smoke and dust would be so bad.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

I hope the sprites don't *need* to look that good. They should only appear in the game at extreme distances. Better yet, I hope they could be ditched altogether, but I'm not sure we're quite there just yet.
    believe in nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    I hope the sprites don't *need* to look that good. They should only appear in the game at extreme distances. Better yet, I hope they could be ditched altogether, but I'm not sure we're quite there just yet.
    Not everyone has a really good graphics card. Hopefully cards are much faster and much cheaper by then though.