Thread: Faction Thread: Hungary

Default Faction Thread: Hungary

discuss the Hungarians in this thread

Default Re: Faction Thread: Hungary

Copying Yggdrasil's unit list (in the original thread there are also some interesting comments on them - I'll try to move them here later)

Hungarian units, 1490-1555 period

Cavalry:

1. Royal Banderium - the same unit as exists right now
    2. Baronial Banderium - the same model and texture as Gendarmes unit in the original MTW2 game, but riding unbarded horses
    3. County Banderium - Can use the Venetian heavy infantry model, without the shield, with a lance as primary weapon, and sword or that warhammer as secondary, alternatively the mounted crossbowmen modfel (the version with the updated armour)
    4. Mounted crossbowmen - the same unit that exists right now
    5. Hussars - the same unit, only the shield should be changed. I don't know why, but the devs actually reversed the shield when making this unit, it should be flipped, like a mirror image. The side of the shield that extends upwards should actually be on the other side, facing away from the body. This way this extended 'horn' protects the shoulder of the left hand that holds the shield.
    6. Hussar archers - hussar with a bow
    7. Hungarian horse archers - can use either one of the two Hungarian horse archer models that we already have, though I think Hungarian nobles model is better
    8. Armoured hussars
    9. Mounted arquebusiers - reiteres with a rifle (arquebus)
    10. Reiters
    11. Insurrectio hussar (also could be called 'Noble levy')
    12. Lancers - late period heavy cavalry

Infantry:

1. Crossbowmen (should use the arquebusier model with a crossbow instead of an arquebus, and perhaps less flashy colours, more darker tones), because the crossbowmen models we have in vanilla game are to early looking
    2. Pavise crossbowmen
    3. Armati - This is the name actually used in historical records for an infantry type that resembles the 'Pavise infantry' unit. In the actual chronicles written during the reign of Matthias Corvinus, heavily armoured infatrny using large shields and spears were called Armati. However, the Pavise spearman model is unsuitable for the period covered by the mod. Instead, this unit should use the the Venetian heavy infantry or Handgunners as a basic model, with weapons changed to spear and large shield combination.
    4. Handgunners
    5. Arquebusiers
    6. Musketeers
    7. Archers (can use French mounted archer model)
    8. Bosnian archers (I'd prefer we use the name Balkan archers, becuase it makes no sense to limit this unit to just Bosnia)

8. Levy of the commoners - Voulge milita (or alternatively we can use the Voulge militia model with a different pole arm)
    9. Levy Archers - (Peasant archers unit with a different name)

10. Halberdier
    11. Pike milita
    12. Crossbow militia - halberdier militia or pike militia model with a crossbow, the model used by the current crossbow militia units is too early looking for this mod
    13. Arquebus militia - basic pike milita model with an arquebus, without the possibility of upgrade in armour

14. Trannsylvanian infantry - can use the Transylvanian peasants model but I'd like them to have more armour, at least some kind of helmet and a mail shirt, at least once they upgrade the armour
    15. Vlachs - Croatian axemen unit with a bow instead of an axe
    16. Haiduks - new unit,the Battlefield assasins model with an arquebus and sabre as secondary weapon would fit the role
    17. Cernide - new unit
    18. Haramije - new unit

Artillery:
    All cannon models

Units available as mercenaries (for custom battles and during campaign available for recruitment in the starting provinces, not a definite list but some suggestions ):

1. Landesknechts units
    2. Hussars
    3. Hussars archers
    4. Armoured hussars
    5. Pikemen
    6. Arquebusiers
    7. Schwarze reiters
    8. Bohemian arquebusiers
    9. Bohemian pikemen
    10. Halberdiers

I've noted Belgrade is only a village in map.That's totally wrong,it was one of the most important forts in Hungary

I suggest to use as militiary: The Black army of Hungary in 1493 it was still used it was the strongest army in europe after the turks in this era

I believe in one God,
    I believe in the Unity of my Country:
    I believe in one Eternal Divine Justice,
    I believe in the resurrection of Hungary!
    Amen.

See the video wich was made by me, and it contains a lot of militiary pictures about the Hungarian army in the era:

(DrIstvaan will understand the music too )

You guys choosed a very interesting date in the History of Hungary

Vladislaus II of Hungary (or II Ulászló) was an idiot but the Black Army was still there and If somebody smart controls the country we could beat the turks so Hungary should be strong in the mod because The army and economy of Hungary was still strong in 1493

Hungary (the names underlined= the Hungarian conquered area= Austria, Moravia and Silesia wich was still under Hungarian controll until 1500)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

More pictures about Hungarian army
    Here are some other pics of Gothic Armour from the Black army:

And you can make the Banderium wear armour more like this if you want...

Horsemen

Hungarians (right) fighting the Turks (left)

Pavise Shield

Pavisiers

So here is my proposal for the unit list...
    CAVALRY:
    -Hungarian Horse archers (Lovasság) (1490-1576)
    -Balkan Hussars (Balkan Gusaris) (1490-1576)
    -Hungarian Hussars (1490-1576)
    -Hungarian Hussar Archers (1490-1576) (See the pic under the Banderium)
    -Inssurectio Hussars (1490-1576)
    -Lancers (1490-1530)
    -Hungarian Banderium (1490-1530)
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/425...eczne57am3.jpg
    -Hungarian Nobles (Nemesember)(1490-1576)

INFANTRY:
    -City Militia (1490-1576)
    -Hungarian Clipeati (1490-1530)
    http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/3158/clipeatiww5.jpg
    -Hungarian Armati (With halberd and shield) (1490-1530)
    -Hungarian Vitézek (1490-1576)
    -Hungarian Halbediers (Alabárdos) (1501-1576)
    -Bohemian Pikemen (1501-1530)
    http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7...pikemennw7.png

SHOOTERS:
    -Pavise Crossbowmen (1490-1530)
    -Tabor Gunners (1490-1530)
    -Hand Gunners (Unique Skin) (1490-1530)
    -Bohemian Crossbowmen (1490-1530)
    -Hungarian Archers (Ijász) (1490-1576)
    -Arquebusiers (1490-1576)
    -Hajduk (1490-1576)

I hope it was helpfull a bit More coming soon
    Last edited by Scotty89; January 01, 2009 at 04:39 PM.

I believe in one God,
    I believe in the Unity of my Country:
    I believe in one Eternal Divine Justice,
    I believe in the resurrection of Hungary!
    Amen.