Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: For us Americans..

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default For us Americans..

This video, brings fire in me. Theres alot to be proud of in all of our military ancestries and legacies our respective people have left us.

But for a time, lets move aside the Brits, the Prussians, the Swedes and the French..

And lets remember what our ancestors did in 1776 ..

Oh yeah.. sorry bout all the uh... dead young Englishmen. It's been over 200 years.. lets let bygones be bygones right our British friends?
    Team Member <3

Default Re: For us Americans..

lets also remember all the battles they lost too without glorifying the whole thing into something its not...
    Was the slave trade not abolished until after the brits did?

Anywho, I must read up on my Ami history. It takes a lot to beat a British army thats short of supplies and a long way from home lol
    Were the French in this one?

Sorry for the post, I have just watched too many hollywood movies that Glorify this stuff and make me sick
    Last edited by Destraex; September 09, 2007 at 03:52 AM.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    lets also remember all the battles they lost too without glorifying the whole thing into something its not...
    Was the slave trade not abolished until after the brits did?

Anywho, I must read up on my Ami history. It takes a lot to beat a British army thats short of supplies and a long way from home lol
    Were the French in this one?

Sorry for the post, I have just watched too many hollywood movies that Glorify this stuff and make me sick
    You know, while I know our Ancestors are not perfect, if you want to rain on the parade of the Americans, why don't you do the same for every other nation whose having their ancestors glorifying them and promoting their prowess in this area? This forum's rife with such topics of lauding the achievements of the English, the French, the Polish, the Russians, the ottomans, whatever. We don't need to storm into each and every one and go trash it because of the ill marks of that faction.

Ottomans have their Armenian Genocide, the Portugese have the sheer amount of slaves being sent to Brazil (10 Times that of the US.), the English have India, the French have probably the Carribean, almost everyone's got black marks to their record and most people are willing to recognize them. We don't need to criminalize their history or presence in the past as a result of it. It's important to recognize what was done wrong, but not to demonize an entire nation or history of a people as a result of it.

I'd like to see perhaps reflections of the American's mistakes or poor actions in the game. Have the British perhaps be able to take advantage of Black slaves seeking to join them, as I believe was the case.
    Last edited by Ahiga; September 09, 2007 at 07:26 AM.

Its not America I am doing this too. Its mainly hollywood..... I guess thats because its what I am exposed too.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Praepositus

yes usa is the best everything they do is the best the others are acrap!!!

and the ottoman empire didnt slaughter only the armenians but also kurdish
    assyrians greeks lazs and even turks.
    Last edited by jo the greek; September 09, 2007 at 05:49 AM.

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

^^ redcoats pwned.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_of_Bavaria View Post
    ^^ redcoats pwned.
    Word
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Yes we all pwned the Red Coats at some point but the American wars are a bit over glorifed. I suppoes it was the Native Americans fault ye killed them (Joke)

Mel Gibson pwned them

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

They should of aimed for Mel Gibson

Does anybody recall that the Americans did NOT pwn the redcoats in pitched battles? I thought (and tell me if I am mistaken) that the Redcoats won most of the battles until the French showed up?

No Americans certainly did not pwn until Mel... The French. Redcoats were professionals. Colonial militia was not. - To lead untrained men to war, is to throw them away. - - Confucius

So mel admits that the Redcoats are better in a stand up fight... did not remember that part.
    But seriously I thought America lost most battles and mainly won due to local advantages and Britains attention on Europe?
    Oh and in Mels world did not the British commit attrocities alll the time in every village and kill babies... nobody in America could possibly have supported the Brits and be proud of it?

I simply cannot wait for the Americans to whinge to CA that their troops should outstat the British Redcoats... why do I lose when I test one redcoat unit VS one American unit?

Offcourse I think it was a different story on the seas, but again a more even one than most would have you believe.

In this era I just wanted to make sure that CA do not kowtow to the American market... their are so few games that have ever attempted this era except in the US and I for one are looking forward to a balanced approach

NOT a hAHA look what our ancestors did to the Brits in one battle... we are MEGAsupaHEROES....... by the same token as attrocities lots of wars are poorly covered and just as heroic. I want a fresh approach and a realistic one not a patriotic one. You will notice I am not a Brit and not barracking for any particular country
    Last edited by Destraex; September 09, 2007 at 06:58 AM.

Nah. America only starts winning when Mel leads them

You got to love Mel, he singlehandedly won both the Scots and Yanks their FREEDOM!

And through sheer numbers.

Yeah well he would have been an idiot if he denied that. I mean the Brits owned like a quarter of the world back then, I'm sure they did something right in the battles.

Oih! Don't forgett the Jews! (Passion of the Christ)

OMG I just thought of something -- What if CA makes whoever Mel Gibson plays a hero in Empire: Total War?

I'll cry if that happens

Nah, my guess is that if they make anyone a hero it will be good ol' George Washington.

..who looks amazingly like Mel Gibson . William Wallace in Kingdoms anyone?

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast