Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lands to Conquer 4.0 - Preview 1

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Lands to Conquer 4.0 - Preview 1

I am pleased to present the 1st preview of the upcoming 4.0 version of LTC.

Lands to Conquer moving to Kingdoms

Lands to Conquer will move over to the Kingdoms.exe and will add in new features such as boiling oil, controllable reinforcements, unit balancing, new rams and other features into the mod. It will also take advantage of the new modding possibilities available in Kingdoms to improve the mods gameplay. These include more scripting commands, better control over ai recruitment and individual unit speeds.

Boiling oil ingame:

Castle models from the Britannia campaign added in for Catholic and Orthodox factions:

Interface from Crusades campaign added in for Muslim factions:

It is undecided yet whether i will also produce a 1.2/1.3 compatible version of 4.0 with some of the non-Kingdoms dependant features as my time is very limited and it basically means i have to have 2 versions of the mod on the go at once.

Era Campaigns

I am pleased to reveal the big new feature in 4.0 - the return of Era campaigns from the original Medieval Total War.

There are 3 Era campaigns, each with different starting dates, provinces for factios, alliances and wars at the start, and may even feature varied settlement names from campaign to campaign.

Early Era:

Starting in 1080, will be the least changed of the campaigns as it will basically be the old Grand Campaign with some changes to province ownership and some factions will start out allied and others at war.

High Era Campaign:

Will start in 1210, where territories for some factions have changed greatly. With provinces also beign more built up, players will have access to units such as Feudal Knights from the start, though in limited numbers.

Late Era Campaign:

Will start in 1321. Factions will start out able to get units such as Chivalric Knights, and once again Europe will have changed a lot by this date.

All 3 of these campaigns will be previewed in more depth later.

Help LTC with research for these campaigns here

Now for some pics.

The New Single Player Menu:

The Campaign List:

That is all for this preview, i hope you have enjoyed it!
    Last edited by Lusted; September 07, 2007 at 04:16 PM.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Lands to Conquer 4.0 - Preview 1

Good news , im waiting for the eras since the beginning.
    You gonna mod the campaigns to? I ask this because i hate the unit balance,the cavalry seems to soft,the archers have short range,the units moves to fast,and if in a mod files i can change some parameters to put the game/mod at my taste in the original ,i don't know what to do,so , if you be kind to tell me how to insert the descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers in the original game,i will be pleased ,and if i could include others files ,and what files. Like ,descr_mount ,descr_formations_ai .

I think this is great, Lusted I like the original grand campaign much more then the new kingdom campaigns.
    Would it be possible to integrate the new campaigns (new world, teutons, etc.) into the menu as shown in one of the screenshots? I don't understand why they made it games you have to launch seperately.

You gonna mod the campaigns to? I ask this because i hate the unit balance,the cavalry seems to soft,the archers have short range,the units moves to fast,and if in a mod files i can change some parameters to put the game/mod at my taste in the original ,i don't know what to do,so , if you be kind to tell me how to insert the descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers in the original game,i will be pleased ,and if i could include others files ,and what files. Like ,descr_mount ,descr_formations_ai .
    What exactly do you mean by this? Will i be editing the Kingdoms campaigns? Or how can you put in your changesto vanilla? Or will i be changing things like the unit balance in 4.0?

Would it be possible to integrate the new campaigns (new world, teutons, etc.) into the menu as shown in one of the screenshots? I don't understand why they made it games you have to launch seperately.
    No it's not possible. The reason they are seperate is because each of the Kingdoms campaigns have there own balance files, building files, varied campaign settings etc., and having them all different allows for more varied gameplay.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

I mean ,in mods there are files that we don't see in the original game,i look for the descr_battle_map_movement_modifiersdes cr_mount ,descr_formations_ai . in the game and i cant find it ,so, if the only thing that i wanna change in a game was the unit speed ,i ask if i simply could paste the descr_battle_map_movement_modifiersdes in a original Data folder.

Well that's because you need to unpack to access the files, in the default game they're all packed that's why you don't see them. And if you use modified files you have to use them with the mod switch or file first command.
    Creator of:

Tanks,lusted ,this is to much for me,i just wait for your mod,you gonna tweak the campaigns ...don't you?...please.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Lusted,

Will you be making use of the new world and battle map generals as seen in Kingdoms? They are a great improvement on the somewhat terrible vanilla generals.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Lusted,

Will you be making use of the new world and battle map generals as seen in Kingdoms? They are a great improvement on the somewhat terrible vanilla generals.
    No i will not as they are only for some factions.
    Creator of:

Queen Annes Revenge's Avatar Ordinarius

Lusted, awesome idea with the era campaigns! I can finally start a new campaign without having to go through the mandatory 70+ turns of spear militia armies.

nice. it will bring back the old medieval total war feeling. great job lusted as usual and keep up the great work.
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

i assume players who dont have kingdoms wont get any of these new features

so may i ask what changed you intend for the vanilla game?

i assume players who dont have kingdoms wont get any of these new features

so may i ask what changed you intend for the vanilla game?
    As mentioned in the first post, 4.0 will use Kingdoms as a base and include Kingdoms features. It is undecided yet if i will release a version for the vanilla game.
    Creator of:

Will each of these campaigns be running in 1.5 years /turn?

Yes they will, otherwise the building constructon times/costs and population growth would be out of whack.
    Creator of:

Will you make use of new 'strat map' general icons for faction heir and faction leaders? They're highly useful.

Will you make use of new 'strat map' general icons for faction heir and faction leaders? They're highly useful.
    No i will not. Mainly because i can't get the damn things to work properly.
    Creator of:

The new LTC has new maps, for the eras or the standard vanilla map?
    A new map, more balanced from vanilla, would be very nice addition

Standard vanilla map will be used for all eras.
    Creator of:

Libertus

Will the Retrofit mod be part of LTC? The boiling oil is in I can see, but what about the rest?

Also, consider using the Kingdoms interface for Byzantium as well, I think it fits them very well.

Looking forward to this mod!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast